300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOP - FCC Coleman

Anybody work at FCC Coleman, I recently applied for the BOP and listed FCC Coleman as my top pick, I'm trying to find out when they will be hiring. I'd also like to know what current or former CO's think of it, is it a good place to be within the BOP? Any information will be appreciated, thanks!

I know a lot of people that work at my location are try to get there once their year is up. I'm sure that is a top place to transfer to so getting in off the street might take a while

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff McLawDawg View Post
      Anybody work at FCC Coleman, I recently applied for the BOP and listed FCC Coleman as my top pick, I'm trying to find out when they will be hiring. I'd also like to know what current or former CO's think of it, is it a good place to be within the BOP? Any information will be appreciated, thanks!

Coleman is the largest Federal Complex so they hire a lot. Put in your app and be patient.

When they started activating some additional facilities there about 15 Yeats ago we had several staff that transfered there. Non of them stayed and they all hated it. Fast forward in the last few years we have had some staff (both line and exec) and they seem to like it.

Being a large complex the promotion potential is better than a stand alone.

Comment

I currently work for a DOC that is one of the poorest in the country, very understaffed and I've got a feeling that even the worst of the BOP is probably better than where I'm at. I guess all I can do is wait and see. Thanks for the info. I've tried calling the hr department at Coleman but haven't had any luck because of the holidays, or maybe I just happened to call at a bad time. I'll keep trying though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the same boat, as far as the application and not being able to get in touch with HR.

I have a buddy that's there and he says it's not too bad, and it's all what you make it. He's been there a couple years and said there's a plethora of overtime and it's plenty for him to support his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillup87 View Post
            I'm in the same boat, as far as the application and not being able to get in touch with HR.

I have a buddy that's there and he says it's not too bad, and it's all what you make it. He's been there a couple years and said there's a plethora of overtime and it's plenty for him to support his family.
            I'm at Coleman and it has it's ups and downs however I believe it's no different than any other BOP facility. We pretty much hire year round with the majority of people coming in being new hires off the street. With Coleman being the largest complex we have a lot of movement and our turnover rate is high which means we hire more often than most places and promotional potential is higher here than other places.

As far as the OT goes, it comes and goes. If you want to "hound" it you can however as I tell everyone consider it a bonus and don't depend on it because when it's gone it's gone.
            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
            Me: you really want an answer to that
            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Thanks for the info. What can you tell me about the area around Coleman? Is there any particular area around Coleman that you would recommend? I would have to move to work at FCC Coleman, but I'm hoping to eventually be able to move back home, and work at FPC Pensacola, but I've been told that it's nearly impossible to hire in to an FPC off the street.

Comment

Thanks for the info. What can you tell me about the area around Coleman? Is there any particular area around Coleman that you would recommend? I would have to move to work at FCC Coleman, but I'm hoping to eventually be able to move back home, and work at FPC Pensacola, but I've been told that it's nearly impossible to hire in to an FPC off the street.

Getting on FPC Pensacola right off the street isn't going to happen. (It could happen but you could win the lottery too). Get on at Coleman do a year or two and put in for a lateral to Pensacola when they post it. That's about the only way.

Comment

That's the game plan, I live half an hour from FPC Pensacola, it would be great to be able to work there. I think it would be worth a couple years living away from home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know the immediate area around Coleman, but I know there are some nice places that aren't too far.

Orlando is a pretty reasonable drive for fun, if you have family that likes theme parks, but I think it's too far to live.

Comment

The Ocala area might not be too bad since it's closer to Pensacola and about 30 minutes from the complex. I don't know anyone that's actually transferred to Pensacola, most end up at either Marianna or Tallahassee. Good luck!
                      Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                      Me: you really want an answer to that
                      Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Anyone ever hear from them? They were supposed to have requested a list last month with the intentions of hiring roughly 40 officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8639 users online. 446 members and 8193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X