300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US CORRECTIONS, PRISONER TRANSPORT. Florida

Anyone with info on them? I can't seem to find much. From what I've read they train in-house, it's not LE.
    But pay starts out at 38,000..which is about what MOST LE in FL. start at.
    How much traveling is there? How about o/t? Any feedback is appreciated.

Also, I was told pay can vary from 800 to 1300 a week.

US Corrections, Prisoner Trransport, Florida

Originally posted by Yesman View Post
    Anyone with info on them?.....it's not LE......How much traveling is there? How about o/t?.....
    I have never heard of them, but that doesn't really mean anything. It looks like they are a competitor to TransCor America. You are exactly correct, they certainly are not law enforcement. They move prisoners, so it is constant travel. And I am sure that there would be overtime.

Some agencies move there own prisoners, some over the USMS JPATS, some use TransCor, etc. It all depends on the agency's policies and and the cost. Were I used to work, if it was a long distance, they would check with the USMS. If they happened to be located somewhere that USMS was going to, we would use them. Usually they weren't. Then we would check with TransCor and get a quote from them. Next, check the cost of a airfare. rental car, hotel, etc,or a couple of deputies. Generally, whichever method was less expensive, is what was used.

http://www.transcor.com/

Comment

It's not LE but it is an important function in the CJ system. They travel almost constantly. We had an inmate delivered by them, and he described a journey from FL that involved stopping at multiple county jails across half the country. It took him something like 10 days to get to us, riding shackled in a van 12 hours per day. He said he wasn't going to put himself in a position to do that again... so I suppose it serves as a deterrent to crime as well.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

are they a for-profit corrections agency? I would avoid them....

Comment

Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
          are they a for-profit corrections agency? I would avoid them....
          It's a transport agency that takes prisoners from point a to point b.
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
            It's a transport agency that takes prisoners from point a to point b.
            looked them up. They still make a profit off incarceration. Its immoral and I would avoid working for such a company.

Comment

looked them up. They still make a profit off incarceration. Its immoral and I would avoid working for such a company.
              I don't support private corrections but I fully support it's staff. The guy is looking for a foot in and this is an open door so I say he should go through it because closed mouths don't get fed and who knows what it may lead to for him.
              Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
              Me: you really want an answer to that
              Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Doesnt everyone make a profit from it ? From The judges ,Lawyers ,even the clerts are paid for the job they do because people are incarcerated and have to be in court. Odd comment

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                  Doesnt everyone make a profit from it ? From The judges ,Lawyers ,even the clerts are paid for the job they do because people are incarcerated and have to be in court. Odd comment
                  Where for profit corrections gets most of our goats is they pay their administrators bank but their line staff are paid barely more than minimum wage. Then being privatised there is not retirement and they can do wht they want t staff on any schedules, working conditns etc.

Most departmetal GoV agencies FED State or County at lest they have some kind of stabiity.
                  Alo look at the last several major diturbances and they were at privitzed institutons.

That said if someone can use t to get to a better job or someone needs a job to feed your family nothing wrong with working there, just be aware of who you are working for
                  Last edited by in625shooter; 11-04-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                    All the above that you mentioned are employees of the public sector who work for non-profit government organizations. The USPT company is a for-profit company with shareholders. Just like shooter said they pay their administrators pretty well but pay their line staff minimum wage and also cut other corners to produce a profit. They also have lobbyist that lobby for stricter sentences/tougher drug laws to insure they have a steady clientele base. Also, Im with shooter, use it as a stepping stone to another LE government affiliated job. If its between this and nothing, id take it.

Comment

At one point or another just about every private prisoner transport company imaginable came through my prison and/or my current jail.

Some have been Top Notch.............some, ah.............have not been even BOTTOM notch

The Iowa DOC uses private transport for just about every interstate transfer. It just was/is more cost effective that sending our staff across the country AND having to replace them on the rosters. We once had a transport officer(s) and found that unit to just not be worth the bucks after private companies came on the scene.

My current jail will use a transport company for anything over about 400 miles one way. Once again it is just more efficient to not tie our staff up for any longer trips than can be made by one person transporting in a day.

MOST of the reputable companies (Transcor etc) will have a good number of former State/County correctional officers and/or military veterans working for them. Transcor actually paid pretty well back when I looked into them. My problem was their equipment, hours, weeks away from home, and the fact that I didn't like their general business plan.

I am far from a fan of Private CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES--------------but a job is a job for someone that needs it

I AM a fan of private TRANSPORT COMPANIES ----------as long as they are well run.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Glad we do all our own myself.Half the trip is always good.

Comment

I received a call back about this position & did a phone interview. Thursday I drove 3 hrs. 45 mins. to a town north of Orlando, Apopka.
                          Interview took all of 15 mins. They're doing 2 certs this coming week, 3 days & if they hire you, you stay a 4th. day. Oh, and they were waiving the cert fee this month, $100 bucks. How nice of them, huh? You have to pay for a background check, a DOT physical & have a tactical vest, tact pants, boots & black t-shirts with no logos.

There's a pt test which consists of a 1 1/2 mile run, situps & one pullup. Yes, just one. Haha. So I needed to get a hotel room & get all the gear, I have none of that I mentioned..with no guarantee of a job. Also, no benefits! She said they "hope" to have them by Jan. I can't live on hope! SO, I should've asked more questions over the phone..live & learn.

It's a TON of travel, could be gone as long as 14 days. Then your off 3-4 days & back at it again. You don't have to relocate if you don't want to. And soon they will be getting trucks with a sleeper cabin, like the truckers.
                          I said thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesman View Post
                            I received a call back about this position & did a phone interview. Thursday I drove 3 hrs. 45 mins. to a town north of Orlando, Apopka.
                            Interview took all of 15 mins. They're doing 2 certs this coming week, 3 days & if they hire you, you stay a 4th. day. Oh, and they were waiving the cert fee this month, $100 bucks. How nice of them, huh? You have to pay for a background check, a DOT physical & have a tactical vest, tact pants, boots & black t-shirts with no logos.

There's a pt test which consists of a 1 1/2 mile run, situps & one pullup. Yes, just one. Haha. So I needed to get a hotel room & get all the gear, I have none of that I mentioned..with no guarantee of a job. Also, no benefits! She said they "hope" to have them by Jan. I can't live on hope! SO, I should've asked more questions over the phone..live & learn.

It's a TON of travel, could be gone as long as 14 days. Then your off 3-4 days & back at it again. You don't have to relocate if you don't want to. And soon they will be getting trucks with a sleeper cabin, like the truckers.
                            I said thanks but no thanks.
                            Were they paying a salary or by the mile?

If salary -----what was it?
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Oh, I LOVE THIS

http://www.usprisonertransport.com/careers/

JOB DESCRIPTION

Title: Transportation Officer (in-state) / Extradition Officer (out-of-state)
                              Position is based on a full time on-call status.
                              Must be able to travel one to fourteen days. (Trips may be delayed due to traffic, weather, vehicle maintenance and more. Officers must be flexible.)
                              Must be able to initiate every trip from Melbourne, FL location.
                              Must be able to drive day or night and in different weather conditions.
                              Must have own weapon (9mm cal.) with a minimum level 2 retention holster.
                              Must have own gun belt, black plain leather or nylon and black boots.
                              Be able to pass 180-day probation period.
                              Starting Salary: $500.00 A WEEK
                              Additional per diem: VANS: $20.00 for every 24 hrs on duty.
                              May qualify for a raise after 180-days, one year, year anniversary and if promoted. Based on evaluation.
                              Vacation: â–º One week after one year. â–º One week every six months after three years.
                              Supplement insurance offered after 90-days (Provided by AFLAC).

Yea.......................I'll bet they are beating down the doors for that job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3546 users online. 168 members and 3378 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X