300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Were they paying a salary or by the mile?

If salary -----what was it?
    It's salary, $800 to 1300 per week.

Comment

Oh, I LOVE THIS

http://www.usprisonertransport.com/careers/

JOB DESCRIPTION

Title: Transportation Officer (in-state) / Extradition Officer (out-of-state)
      Position is based on a full time on-call status.
      Must be able to travel one to fourteen days. (Trips may be delayed due to traffic, weather, vehicle maintenance and more. Officers must be flexible.)
      Must be able to initiate every trip from Melbourne, FL location.
      Must be able to drive day or night and in different weather conditions.
      Must have own weapon (9mm cal.) with a minimum level 2 retention holster.
      Must have own gun belt, black plain leather or nylon and black boots.
      Be able to pass 180-day probation period.
      Starting Salary: $500.00 A WEEK
      Additional per diem: VANS: $20.00 for every 24 hrs on duty.
      May qualify for a raise after 180-days, one year, year anniversary and if promoted. Based on evaluation.
      Vacation: â–º One week after one year. â–º One week every six months after three years.
      Supplement insurance offered after 90-days (Provided by AFLAC).

Yea.......................I'll bet they are beating down the doors for that job
      $500 a week. That's nothing...wow!

And for the job I went for...she said nothing about per diem. Eating on the road can be expensive. I'd be eating out of a cooler...lots of tuna packets. HAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Yesman View Post
        $500 a week. That's nothing...wow!

And for the job I went for...she said nothing about per diem. Eating on the road can be expensive. I'd be eating out of a cooler...lots of tuna packets. HAHA!
        What is it about providing your own weapon that I find so shady? I would be scared that if I used force they would throw you under the bus when the lawsuit happens...... Like I said if you need a job bad I would take it and use it as a stepping stone but corrections and law enforcement should not be outsourced to private companies.

Comment

Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
          What is it about providing your own weapon that I find so shady? I would be scared that if I used force they would throw you under the bus when the lawsuit happens...... Like I said if you need a job bad I would take it and use it as a stepping stone but corrections and law enforcement should not be outsourced to private companies.
          Especially when you think about the little fact that when a person is charged/convicted it is the "state of XYZ or the US Government vs John or Jane Doe"...Just sayin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
            What is it about providing your own weapon that I find so shady?s.
            Not a bit unusual for private industry. Unless I wanted a POS .38 wheel gun, when I was in Armored Cars, I was required to have my own weapon -----(yep one of the reasons I left that job QUICKLY)
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ask yourself this question, what is your end goal here? Are you trying to get into LE?

If you are, from personal experience, I would start looking at city/county jails or the DOC system. Get hired and work your tail off demonstrating your commitment, desire, and dedication. Take on specialty assignments/specialty team opportunities, promote, etc. In my opinion this will be more beneficial than working private transport.
              Last edited by CarRamRod; 11-14-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Not a bit unusual for private industry. Unless I wanted a POS .38 wheel gun, when I was in Armored Cars, I was required to have my own weapon -----(yep one of the reasons I left that job QUICKLY)
                Just curious how much did the armored car company pay? Before I got on with BOP i was an unarmed security guard making $12 an hour. I almost applied for an armed security guard position thinking it would pay more (knowing how to use a firearm is skilled labor right?). Anyways I didnt waste my time because it paid the exact same as what I was already making.

Comment

$12.50 an hr as a driver. $14.50 an hr ($18/hr topped out) as the armed messenger. Worked 50-55 hrs a week so the OT helped mitigate the crappy pay. Was issued a ballistic vest but the company took $10 out every paycheck until it was paid for! Fairly physically demanding job. LOTS of attractive women working at banks though!

Comment

Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
                    $12.50 an hr as a driver. $14.50 an hr ($18/hr topped out) as the armed messenger. Worked 50-55 hrs a week so the OT helped mitigate the crappy pay. Was issued a ballistic vest but the company took $10 out every paycheck until it was paid for! Fairly physically demanding job. LOTS of attractive women working at banks though!
                    So you had to buy your own gun and protective vest and then received ****ty pay on top of that? That really sucks! The company I worked for (Allied-Barton) took money out of our paycheck to pay for our uniforms. I got the money back once I quit and turned in my uniforms but it took a few months and I had to keep harassing HR about it. On top of that the initial training that I had with the company was unpaid and then additional training after that was at minimum wage. I kind of wonder if I should contact the department of labor about that..... Anyways thats where my negative feelings about private security firms and private for-profit prisons comes from.

Comment

I didn't have to provide my own weapon but I wish I could've. The company I worked for issued a S&W .38 and we had to carry that. As for the vest issue, the ones that weren't willing to pay, didn't wear them.

In Washington, pay ranges for security varies. Can be as little as $10-$12 up to $25-$30 for large corporation (Boeing) and federal (Federal Buildings) contracts.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of privatized law enforcement work. Pay, hiring practices, training, work conditions, benefits, etc. typically suck.

Comment

Painful memories... It's all coming back to me now. DON'T DO IT! I worked there for a year, hence the user name.

Oh, I LOVE THIS

http://www.usprisonertransport.com/careers/

JOB DESCRIPTION

Title: Transportation Officer (in-state) / Extradition Officer (out-of-state)
                        Position is based on a full time on-call status.
                        Must be able to travel one to fourteen days. (Trips may be delayed due to traffic, weather, vehicle maintenance and more. Officers must be flexible.)
                        Must be able to initiate every trip from Melbourne, FL location.
                        Must be able to drive day or night and in different weather conditions.
                        Must have own weapon (9mm cal.) with a minimum level 2 retention holster.
                        Must have own gun belt, black plain leather or nylon and black boots.
                        Be able to pass 180-day probation period.
                        Starting Salary: $500.00 A WEEK
                        Additional per diem: VANS: $20.00 for every 24 hrs on duty.
                        May qualify for a raise after 180-days, one year, year anniversary and if promoted. Based on evaluation.
                        Vacation: â–º One week after one year. â–º One week every six months after three years.
                        Supplement insurance offered after 90-days (Provided by AFLAC).

Yea.......................I'll bet they are beating down the doors for that job

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6272 users online. 349 members and 5923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X