300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Dept of Corrections questions

Hi all, I am currently in the hiring process for FDOC, and I just have some questions.

Can anyone tell me what kind of gear they are issued, or allowed to purchase?

I know from some reading that depending on the CI you work at dictates if you can leave a weapon in your car when at the site, but I am just curious, I have my security G license right now (armed) so when I drive to work, and I am in uniform, I have to carry open. Are corrections allowed to carry open when driving to work? I currently have my CCW, but when driving to work/on duty, my class G license basically voids that.

Im sure I'll have more questions, I just took my CJBAT and got a 98 on it. Looking foward to joining ya'll in the greatest show on earth.

No, you should not leave a weapon in your car no matter what CI you work at; your vehicle will be inspected daily when on the state property.

As for gear we use, we have MK-9 CS gas, 9MM S&W, .38, REM12G,Sabre (I think it's sabre) Law Enforcement OC, Handcuffs, Handheld tazers, Electric Shield and I believe we are now getting a 40MM launcher.

Not sure why you would want or need to open carry to your institute anyways. Good luck on your new career and let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I always prefer concealed, but it's not all that easy in uniform. No where to hide it unless I'm wearing a jacket. I carry a CCW for the same reason most do. Thank you for the response. What gear is issued to a new CO? Taser/OC/Cuffs?

Comment

Originally posted by teufelhunde View Post
        I always prefer concealed, but it's not all that easy in uniform. No where to hide it unless I'm wearing a jacket. I carry a CCW for the same reason most do. Thank you for the response. What gear is issued to a new CO? Taser/OC/Cuffs?
        Depends what you're certified to carry. You will be given a weapons card and on it will show what you are qualified to use/classes you have taken.

Comment

Do you get the option to qualify with anything from the beginning? And do you recommend getting quals in anything specific? OC over taser etc? I know an old hat who used to ask what you would rather be beaten with. Sorry for all the questions I am one who likes to drown myself in research when I do anything. Thanks again for the responses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6799 users online. 348 members and 6451 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X