Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any correctional officers practice a martial art?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any correctional officers practice a martial art?

boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, maybe something more exotic? I'm not fantasizing about beating up inmates or anything, I know diplomacy is preferred to brute force. I also know that a martial art won't prevent you from getting stabbed or do much against a mob, however, to be unarmed and outnumbered, knowing how to defend yourself must bring a little peace of mind.
    Last edited by Nick2; 09-15-2014, 04:59 PM.

I know some guys where I work practice "TV Fu" and some practice "Pull Dah Pin"... lol, seriously though...

I used to study some Tae Kwon Do, Jiu jitsu, and Goju Karate. Going on close to 5 years in corrections and haven't needed to use it. Crossing fingers to stay that way.

Comment

I used to study boxing, Tae Kwon Do and aikido. Most correctional academies teach some form of self defense. Mach Holds or some form of krav magah. Wrestling or some sort of grappling or martial arts which teach take downs is probably your best bet in working in corrections. Most inmates aren't interested in throwing punches with COs Although a lot will, however they will resist a lot. Its not our job to exchange punches. Punches or kicks are a last resort. Use your OC and/or taser first. Getting the inmate to the ground and in cuffs is the goal.

Comment

BJJ is great for this job, just don't use the rear naked choke lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3207 users online. 158 members and 3049 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X