Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania DOC hiring freeze and general questions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richinPA
    replied
    The hiring freeze is over as of about last month. Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• Cuffup1
    replied
    Any updates on this freeze?

Leave a comment:

• Wentwest
    replied
    Shotgunnar1 is on the money. Your first goal is to get hired. Then as time and contacts develop; transfer. Remember, if you are working at a fast food restaurant or other such employment; any institution is a great institution!

Leave a comment:

• shotgunnar1
    replied
    My advice is not to limit yourself to one geographical area. SCI Graterford in Montgomery county hires quite a few from time to time

Leave a comment:

• Catfish1900
    replied
    Roger that. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wentwest
    replied
    Originally posted by Catfish1900 View Post
    Hey all,

So, I'm looking to head back to PA from my duty station in Nebraska and I was looking at the DOC for employment until I can get my **** together to start Act 120/Act 165 of 2012.

Because I can never seem to sleep I've had plenty of time to do research but I'm still left with quite a few questions and I also stumbled across quite a troubling article... Is PA DOC under a hiring freeze? That might make my move home quite a PITA. I'm moving back to Blair County and jobs are not... very available there. Especially with my Security/LE skill set. Unless I want to roll around in a Securitas vehicle for 9.50 an hour.

I also was also wondering what the weapons qual standard is? What is the academy like? How is management with their officers? Also little stuff like what is the current uniform/grooming standards? (Almost every vet ever wants to grow a beard when they get out and I know some DOCs allow beards as long as you don't go mountain man, haha)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You can try prisonofficer.org, they have a lot of job and location specific information there. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Pennsylvania DOC hiring freeze and general questions?

Hey all,

So, I'm looking to head back to PA from my duty station in Nebraska and I was looking at the DOC for employment until I can get my **** together to start Act 120/Act 165 of 2012.

Because I can never seem to sleep I've had plenty of time to do research but I'm still left with quite a few questions and I also stumbled across quite a troubling article... Is PA DOC under a hiring freeze? That might make my move home quite a PITA. I'm moving back to Blair County and jobs are not... very available there. Especially with my Security/LE skill set. Unless I want to roll around in a Securitas vehicle for 9.50 an hour.

I also was also wondering what the weapons qual standard is? What is the academy like? How is management with their officers? Also little stuff like what is the current uniform/grooming standards? (Almost every vet ever wants to grow a beard when they get out and I know some DOCs allow beards as long as you don't go mountain man, haha)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Catfish1900; 08-14-2014, 03:19 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3794 users online. 255 members and 3539 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X