Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania DOC hiring freeze and general questions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania DOC hiring freeze and general questions?

Hey all,

So, I'm looking to head back to PA from my duty station in Nebraska and I was looking at the DOC for employment until I can get my **** together to start Act 120/Act 165 of 2012.

Because I can never seem to sleep I've had plenty of time to do research but I'm still left with quite a few questions and I also stumbled across quite a troubling article... Is PA DOC under a hiring freeze? That might make my move home quite a PITA. I'm moving back to Blair County and jobs are not... very available there. Especially with my Security/LE skill set. Unless I want to roll around in a Securitas vehicle for 9.50 an hour.

I also was also wondering what the weapons qual standard is? What is the academy like? How is management with their officers? Also little stuff like what is the current uniform/grooming standards? (Almost every vet ever wants to grow a beard when they get out and I know some DOCs allow beards as long as you don't go mountain man, haha)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Catfish1900; 08-14-2014, 03:19 AM.

Originally posted by Catfish1900 View Post
    Hey all,

So, I'm looking to head back to PA from my duty station in Nebraska and I was looking at the DOC for employment until I can get my **** together to start Act 120/Act 165 of 2012.

Because I can never seem to sleep I've had plenty of time to do research but I'm still left with quite a few questions and I also stumbled across quite a troubling article... Is PA DOC under a hiring freeze? That might make my move home quite a PITA. I'm moving back to Blair County and jobs are not... very available there. Especially with my Security/LE skill set. Unless I want to roll around in a Securitas vehicle for 9.50 an hour.

I also was also wondering what the weapons qual standard is? What is the academy like? How is management with their officers? Also little stuff like what is the current uniform/grooming standards? (Almost every vet ever wants to grow a beard when they get out and I know some DOCs allow beards as long as you don't go mountain man, haha)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You can try prisonofficer.org, they have a lot of job and location specific information there. Best of luck!

Comment

Roger that. Thanks!

Comment

My advice is not to limit yourself to one geographical area. SCI Graterford in Montgomery county hires quite a few from time to time

Comment

Shotgunnar1 is on the money. Your first goal is to get hired. Then as time and contacts develop; transfer. Remember, if you are working at a fast food restaurant or other such employment; any institution is a great institution!

Comment

Any updates on this freeze?

Comment

The hiring freeze is over as of about last month. Hope that helps!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 366 members and 5987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X