300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to Prison ...

I've been away for the last 5 years pursuing a different career path. But I've actually missed the time away. The comradery between staff and everyday experiences as an officer almost ruin you in a way from ever looking at a "normal" job the same way haha.
    I'm in the process of returning to a career as a Correctional Officer. Now well into my mid 30's, I'm excited to return to the job, but at the same time I'm going through some reservations of feelings a bit awkward "starting over". I do have 5+ years of experience under my belt, so I'm not blindly walking into this by any means. I'm just looking for advice or thoughts from someone else who may have gone a similar route? Thanks for your time ladies/gents. Stay safe.
    “Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.” - Erwin Rommel

Not much activity on here these days?

Comment

Firefly...
      Congratulations on getting back into the mix! About the only advice I might pass on is that I am certain a lot has changed over the last five years to include a new administration and updated policies and procedures. That being said, rely on your experience in how you deal with inmates and staff, but remain open to the changes. Above all, be "straight-up" in your approach and you should do OK. Good luck and stay safe!
      Ski

Comment

Ski, thanks for dropping a line and I appreciate the words of encouragement. Have a great week.

Comment

Wow, after 5 years away I would definitely not want to go back. Maybe KY is different. You working at a local or at the DOC?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6423 users online. 363 members and 6060 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X