Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Carry your Shield/ID......One Wallet or Two????

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Carry your Shield/ID......One Wallet or Two????

A friend of mine recently lost her wallet at the gas station. She realized it when she got home. Retraced her steps back to the gas station and it was not there. Went to the local precinct to report it. Good news a fine, upstanding citizen found it and turned it in (the money was gone). Her cards,id, everything else was intact. She lost a couple vacation days for Failure to Secure, but then she vowed to keep her shield/id in a separate wallet from her money wallet.

I personally keep everything in one wallet and got this "big mac sized" wallet that I shove into my back pocket. I never lost or misplaced it, but it does get uncomfortable sitting in the car sometimes. So I'm taking a poll. What do you do? Should I change?

Originally posted by ret2991 View Post
    A friend of mine recently lost her wallet at the gas station. She realized it when she got home. Retraced her steps back to the gas station and it was not there. Went to the local precinct to report it. Good news a fine, upstanding citizen found it and turned it in (the money was gone). Her cards,id, everything else was intact. She lost a couple vacation days for Failure to Secure, but then she vowed to keep her shield/id in a separate wallet from her money wallet.

I personally keep everything in one wallet and got this "big mac sized" wallet that I shove into my back pocket. I never lost or misplaced it, but it does get uncomfortable sitting in the car sometimes. So I'm taking a poll. What do you do? Should I change?
    THE EASIEST WAY OF CARRYING YOUR SHIELD AND ID CARD IS SIMPLE. YOU CARRY YOUR SHIELD IN YOUR NON SHOOTING HAND FRONT POCKET AND YOUR ID CARD IS CARRIED IN YOUR PERSONAL WALLET. THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO GO OUT DRINKING, YOUR ID CARD IS ALWAYS IN THE SAME PLACE AND YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR SHIELD AND GUN HOME, THIS WAY NO PROBLEMS. CARRYING YOUR SHIELD AND ID CARD IS TOTALLY UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL OFFICER, AS A DINOSAUR i CARRY MINE THE WAY I WAS TAUGHT IN THE EARLY 80'S. THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY TO DO IT

Comment

ID card is in my regular wallet, Badge is on a belt clip on my belt. I have a large wallet also but I simply remove it when driving.

Comment

My badge and agency ID are together around my neck.
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

New to the forum , but not to the job..

at my dept , we've gone to just id's for safety reasons. they made us switch to all chest patches instead of badges on our uniforms for safety. bit over the top if you ask me

Comment

Over the years I handled cases and aware of situations involving off duty / retired officers who either inadvertently or intentionally flashed a badge when opening their wallets in public (IE paying for dinner in a restaurant, buying your kid ice cream in a park, paying for gas at a service station etc. ) thus exposing themselves to cop haters and psychos subsequently finding themselves a victim.

I carry a wallet and a separate flat badge case with ID card.

Comment

I keep my primary badge on my uniform shirt and my ERT badge with spare ID and carry card in my car. CCW permit in my wallet. I only need the other stuff if I go somewhere that my permit alone will not let me.

Comment

I simply carry my ID card in my personal wallet, dont see the need to carry both. Besides its easier and cheaper for the ID card to be replaced than the badge.

Comment

One wallet with badge/ID...another wallet with DL and money. If I get mugged, they get the wallet with money, i keep my badge/ID
                  We don't "LOL" here. This isn't facebook or some text message between BFF's who are all OMG WTFJH and DYST? We type and speak as adults. Fix yourself.

Comment

I have one wallet, a tri-fold, with badge and I.D. in it. You would have to unfold it all the way to see my badge or I.D. so you can't flash it unless you meant to. Just easier that way. You have to show badge and I.D. upon entering or leaving facilities here in N.Y.
                    The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

I carry my badge and ID in a seperate holder that I slip in my pocket behind my wallet. I'm not a big fan of an actual badge wallet, because you're taking your badge with you wherever you go but not necessarily your pistol depending on your destination (bar, airport, etc.,)

Comment

I've got one of those holders that has a place for your badge on side and an ID window on the other. I used to do the badge wallet until one day I was picking up a prescription at the pharmacy and was opening my wallet to get out my credit card when the cashier asked: "Are you showing me that?" Like maybe she thought I was badging her. Don't know why anyone would badge a pharmacy cashier, but after that I started carrying my badge on a belt clip kept my ID in my wallet but later went to the rig I described above. Now that I retired from the county I only keep my badge and ID on me when traveling out of state.

Comment

I keep my commission card in my wallet, and my badge on a belt clip, that I usually keep in my front pocket. I figure if I get into a situation where I would need to get it out, I will. Until then, nobody needs to see it. I keep my id secured though, because it also has a swipe badge for the S.O. Definitely dont want to lose that.

Comment

I have a flat badge with department ID in a dedicated wallet separate from my regular wallet. I also keep any and all work related business cards in there. My regular wallet has nothing that would associate me with law enforcement and the badge wallet is so thin that it's not noticeable in my left pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by indianaco64 View Post
                              New to the forum , but not to the job..

at my dept , we've gone to just id's for safety reasons. they made us switch to all chest patches instead of badges on our uniforms for safety. bit over the top if you ask me
                              Why? I see some dept's are going to patches (some calling them "cloth badges") but I don't see how a badge is a safety issue. Am I missing something?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2560 users online. 139 members and 2421 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X