300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho DOC

I am considering applying for a Correctional Officer position for the ID DOC. I just wanted more information on the department. Is the starting hourly wage $13.50 a good wage for that state? What is the moral like? What is the overall environment like working in a ID prison? Any information would be helpful, thanks.

I have worked in the Idaho prisons for five years and recently moved to IDOC's bureau of Probation and Parole. I will say this about the compensation for CO's. The benefits are very good and they do offer a retirement which is hard to come by these days. However, if you live and work in the Boise area you will feel underpaid because the police and sheriff departments do pay considerably more. But if you are in eastern or northern Idaho you will actually be making as much or in some cases more than the street guys depending on the area. The morale is decent but I imagine you have people that gripe and moan in any agency and IDOC prisons are no different. I would classify it as decent pay for this area with great job security. As long as you are motivated and have a good head on your shoulders you can have promotional opportunities and a good career with IDOC.
    All comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the policy or opinion of my employing agency.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6383 users online. 284 members and 6099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
    X