300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad situation

Ever been followed or harassed by someone who was released? Ever had to deal with them and their family while off duty and with your family at the mall or in the store or alone at the barbershop? Im just wondering because I have had some of the situations and some where bad some where good but all in all it is what it is. Another stressful situation you have to deal with off the job.

So far I have seen a few guys in the streets, I came across them but they just said hi.....

Originally posted by Lt.Snakedoctor091 View Post
    Ever been followed or harassed by someone who was released? Ever had to deal with them and their family while off duty and with your family at the mall or in the store or alone at the barbershop? Im just wondering because I have had some of the situations and some where bad some where good but all in all it is what it is. Another stressful situation you have to deal with off the job.
    Go wildcats!

Comment

Make sure your family has a codeword so they know to book it so it doesnt look like you're with anyone when these things occur. I wish gods praise and safety upon you my friend.

Comment

30 yrs of working in a maximum security prison.....................14 of them as a shift supervisor........5 working Administrative Segregation

After 5 yrs of working as a deputy sheriff......................................

I never once had a bad situation. Don't get me wrong I met many, many ex-inmates on the street throughout the state (and once 3 states away when I was on vacation)

99.99% of the time, if you treat inmates fairly-----you will never have a probelm. That fraction of a percent of the time-----------You deal with it just like you do at work-----professionally.

I am always prepared for the unexpected & yes-----I always told my family if I told them to leave NOW they were to move away from me as fast as possible.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Having a plan for you and your family and friends is always a must. I have had 2 run ins, both ended fine. I think more time was spent trying to remember where we saw that person from. Once my wife asked me if I knew this particular name. I was more than familiar, as I had in put in Dis Seg for being under the influence, which crossed him off the communitee trustee program he was in line for. I asked her how she knew the name. Well, he wanted to check into the hotel she worked at and his inmate ID was all he had. I told her to do her jub, inform security to be aware of him, dont let him know anything,
          "Guns dont make me nervous. Idiots with guns make me nervous." -Charles Bronson ,Deathwish IV

Help control the idiot population.Have your stupid friends spayed or nutered.

Comment

When I was still full time on the streets, I worked my hometown. Still live here. Run into folks all the time. My wife knows when to get the kids and get gone, and it rarely happens. Went full time with TDC a year ago. Ran into people in there that I put there. Now, the kid that loads feed in my truck at the feed mill is a former client from the prison I work and remembers me from there. No problems.
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Some of my coworkers use the same method, It is a good plan
              Go wildcats!

Comment

Had a fight with an Ex inmate in the car park after he tried to attack a governor when she was going to her car. Other than that iv seen a few out and about in the local area and usually they are fine, thing is i find is they continue to see you in a capacity where we are in control and they continue to show respect even if you are wearing civvy clothes. I work with junkies so even if they were to kick off with me they are usually off their faces anyway

Comment

I work in a county jail in a small town where everyone knows everyone, heck half of the inmates in the jail went to school with me at one time. As a supervisor I have had some issues with inmates while at work and have ended up running into them at the local box store and to my surprise they said I sergeant ---- and went about shopping. I am still on guard when I see them outside of the jail however I agree with the previous posts, handle it with professionalism and you should be fine.

Comment

I have encountered a few and as stated before, if you give respect you generally get it back from the people you deal with. I am a deputy sheriff and so when I see someone from county out "in the free", I try to carry that with me. Friends and family know that if I tell them to walk away and call for help then that's what they need to do. They also know that I carry my firearm off-duty 100% of the time. I like to adhere to the Cooper code at all times, especially off-duty (link below). It basically says that there are several states of awareness that people live in at all times:

-Condition White: What most civilians live in. You aren't paying attention to your surroundings and you tend to not notice the people and things going on around you. Bad state of awareness to be in.

-Condition Yellow: Should be your minimum level of awareness. You aren't focused on a specific threat but you're scanning your surroundings, looking at people and their behaviors, looking behind you, etc.

-Condition Orange: Something has caught your attention, though you don't yet know if it's a threat. I will probably investigate at this point, depending on what's going on. There may be danger near.

-Condition Red: Threat is present, react accordingly. This is "Oh ****" time, and at this point you should be mentally (and physically) prepared for combat. This could require anything from verbal contact to a physical altercation. Deadly force may be required, (i.e. an armed robbery, serious assault, etc. taking place.)

I wholeheartedly believe in these conditions and try to be at least yellow at all times.

http://www.teddytactical.com/Sharpen...0Awareness.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7660 users online. 164 members and 7496 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X