Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal affairs investigation

I have a concern about something
    Last edited by HaitianCop86; 08-25-2011, 03:49 PM.

I don't think anyone can answer that without knowing what those documents were, what relevance your phone calls played to the scenario and whether you had any knowledge as to your cousin's possession of these documents or the circumstances as to why he was possessing them.

Given that you are currently under investigation, it is not in your best interest to answer these questions in a public forum.

Under the circumstances, I doubt anyone can give you any meaningful advice.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by HaitianCop86 View Post
      . My question is do you think my job will subpoena phone records from my cell phone company?? And how long do you guys think this investigation will last??
      I don't really have anything to add to L-1's excellent comment however, this REALLY stands out to me. You seem very concerned about them checking your phone records and yet not one mention of it in the narrative of your situation. In investigation circles, we call that a "clue".

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      Given that you are currently under investigation, it is not in your best interest to answer these questions in a public forum.
      +1. Odds are if they didn't know to check you phone records before, they do now.....
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

+1 to both of the above.

Comment

!!!red flag alert!!!
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Well I have a concern.. I'm currently a corrections officer in the state of Florida and I was relieved of duty with pay pending an investigation from my department.. To make a long story short, last month I was in a vehicle with a cousin of mine ( I was the driver) and we got pulled over by police, and my cousin got arrested for having illegal documents in his possession. I did not know he had these documents on his person and he was arrested.. I was NOT I REPEAT WAS "NOT" arrested but by job was notified of the situation. My cousin eventually got all charges dropped against him He out of jail and I am still out of work.. My question is do you think my job will subpoena phone records from my cell phone company?? And how long do you guys think this investigation will last??
            Question 1) Yes.

# 2) Not to give you a short answer, but, as long as it takes...

L-1 was spot on with his advice.
            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Why do I get the feeling they are looking at him for smuggling illegal aliens?
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                Why do I get the feeling they are looking at him for smuggling illegal aliens?
                +1. That is EXACTLY what came to mind when I read his post....
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I have a concern about something

Well I have a concern.. I'm currently a corrections officer in the state of Florida and I was relieved of duty with pay pending an investigation from my department.. To make a long story short, last month I was in a vehicle with a cousin of mine ( I was the driver) and we got pulled over by police, and my cousin got arrested for having illegal documents in his possession. I did not know he had these documents on his person and he was arrested.. I was NOT I REPEAT WAS "NOT" arrested but by job was notified of the situation. My cousin eventually got all charges dropped against him He out of jail and I am still out of work.. My question is do you think my job will subpoena phone records from my cell phone company?? And how long do you guys think this investigation will last??
                  Almost all Department of Corrections have a clause in their rules and regulations for Corrections Staff regarding association with criminals…………………………………

Most IA policies and Union agreements set limits on the length such investigations. Check your department polices and/or CBA for how long this situation might last

I know you are going to tell me AGAIN that your “cousin” had he charges dropped…………..that is not applicable.

YOU were associating with him when he was arrested….That alone is probably enough to sustain an Internal Investigation complaint.

Obviously you did something (since you were the driver) that brought you and your “cousin” to the attention of law enforcement authorities. That along with their ongoing investigation will determine the length and outcome of that investigation.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

wow! they will do what ever needs to be done. come on. seriously!

fraternizing with your cousin will be your issue. MAN UP AND DONT ERASE YOUR POSTS. PUSSSSY

ANY OTHER OPINIONS ON THIS .
                    Last edited by Future Shield; 08-26-2011, 01:19 AM. Reason: B00
                    “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3983 users online. 181 members and 3802 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X