300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOP Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona

I just applied to BOP and picked Tucson and Phoenix as my primary locations. I was just curious as to what the hourly rate is at these prisons?

Also has anyone worked or is working in these facilities? I use to be a C/O back in 2006-2007 up in MT so I'm looking to get back into Corrections.

Thanks a lot!

Tucson

I currently work at FCC Tucson. I know they are currently working a list of GL 5's.

Its 38k a year for a GL-05 divide that by 26 pay periods and you get the bi-weekly salary. But we get shift differential and Sunday pay, and gobbbs of OT.
    Last edited by Raidergx; 05-23-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

WOW! Thank you so much for such a detailed response! You've pretty much answered all the questions that I had, plus adding HR info...WOW!!

I'm going to give HR a call next week and check on the details! Hope to see ya around one day!

R. Anderson

Comment

Raiderx

Hey man how do you like working for bop? I currently am a NYC corrections officer and was thinking of applying for bop lOoking to relocate to some place nice and farm and where cost of living isn't so high.

Comment

Originally posted by probe7899 View Post
          Raiderx

Hey man how do you like working for bop? I currently am a NYC corrections officer and was thinking of applying for bop lOoking to relocate to some place nice and farm and where cost of living isn't so high.
          Working for the BOP is fine, as long as your expectations aren't too high. Keep in mind that the BOP operates very differently than large local or state correctional agencies, so it would be quite a change coming from NYCDOC. Go in with an open mind and you will be fine.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Thanks yea I always go into things open minded because it's when people start comparing there old agencies to there new ones is when problems arise with supervisors and fellow staff.

Comment

Working for the BOP

The BOP is a great job with great pay. However you have to be able to be a flexible type of person. Probably the biggest draw back for me is the bordem. Its a great way to get into the federal system. When they say your first year will suck, don't take that lightly, it really sucks. Scheduling has no rhyme or reason, they just plug you in on any shift through out the week.

One philosophy you have to get used to in the Bureau: Inmates get whatever they want, because it keeps them happy and they stay calm.

If you can get used to that Philosophy you will go far in the Bureau.

Comment

I wouldn't mind going BOP eventually. I've got 10yrs of Fed. service from my last job that ended this month and don't want to just throw all those years away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4713 users online. 225 members and 4488 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X