300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call from TDCJ

I guess I will probably be going back to babysitting agian. I've been a reserve LEO since '01 when I left our county jail and went to work for the gov't at our Army Depot as a mechanic. 10 years later and a couple of years overseas in Iraq/Kuwait and I got laid off last week because I declined to go over to Afghannyland. Our local TDCJ prison pays more than the smaller PD's around here and more time off/benefits and might give me opportunities to advance. I wish I'd have stayed in college because all the larger departments and DPS require alot more college than I have. Guess I'll see how things go.

good luck to you.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Thanks. I wish I could enjoy my unemployment a little longer but I can't turn down the insurance.

Comment

Former Army Depot mechanic and going to work for TDC... must be going to Telford! You doing the academy at Beto or the the special academy they're starting at Hellford? Either way, best of luck and welcome to TDC.
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
          Former Army Depot mechanic and going to work for TDC... must be going to Telford! You doing the academy at Beto or the the special academy they're starting at Hellford? Either way, best of luck and welcome to TDC.
          Thanks. Yep, going to Telford. We're having the academy here at Telford.Did PT today and start tomorrow. After 10yrs at the depot and 2 1/2 years over in the desert, they were going to make me go back over to Afghanistan, so I told them what they could do with that. I had thought about going into law enforcement full time, but I'm just gonna keep reserving at my PD here and just work there on an off day now and then. I liked the amount of time off the prison has, and just needed good insurance again as the main thing.

Comment

Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
            Thanks. Yep, going to Telford. We're having the academy here at Telford.Did PT today and start tomorrow. After 10yrs at the depot and 2 1/2 years over in the desert, they were going to make me go back over to Afghanistan, so I told them what they could do with that. I had thought about going into law enforcement full time, but I'm just gonna keep reserving at my PD here and just work there on an off day now and then. I liked the amount of time off the prison has, and just needed good insurance again as the main thing.
            Well congrats, I guess your first day is in the books. I have a buddy who has his wife and son in that class. Me and him went thru the class back in October on Telford and I was on Telford til I promoted out to another unit closer to home.

Again, good luck!
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Heard y'all gat gassed today and it got the training Sgt too... how did that work out?
              sigpic

Comment

Yea, got gassed. It sucked lol. The gas was bad, not fun at all. My eyes bothered me more than anything though. I've always had sensitive eyes I guess. The OC really got me though, I got a face full of the stuff..been sprayed before but somebody soaked me yesterday. Yea SGT. Moore got it pretty good, she caught a good bit of the CS from all of our groups going through it..and one of the Captains sprayed some OC behind her a good ways back and about the time it got to her she turned right into it. She was as burnt up as the rest of us when it was all said and done. Glad to have that out of the way.

Comment

They crank the gas up in an attempt to "cleanse" the class... So I've heard....
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea, could have swore we'd have gotten thinned out a little...but everybody came back today. There were a couple that caught all kinds of hell by not doing what they were told but didn't call it quits...yet.

Comment

in this economy people will do almost anything for a job with benefits.lol

Comment

Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
                        Yea, could have swore we'd have gotten thinned out a little...but everybody came back today. There were a couple that caught all kinds of hell by not doing what they were told but didn't call it quits...yet.
                        They will come OJT, or after their first couple of sets. I started PreService with 27 and we only lost 2 (one for a dirty UA, the other was late to class by over an hour). But those numbers started falling towards the end of OJT and once we got out on our own.
                        sigpic

Comment

Im flying down from chicago to test in san antonio for TDCJ. I was wondering hows the area because san antonio is where I want to be?

Comment

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have on working or living in San Anto. I work for TDCJ now and am a SA native.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3983 users online. 250 members and 3733 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X