Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Chances of Being Hired/Sponsored?

Hello to Everyone!

I know you guys/gals have heard this a lot, however, I would like to know somewhat of my chances...at least from your point's of view

I recently took the FBAT/CJBAT (Basic Abilities Test for Florida) and I scored between a 92%-95%. I've applied to several Correctional Institutes in hopes of being hired and sponsored through an academy. And I've received a few that have sent back the supplemental application.

I have NO criminal history, somewhat of a bad driving record, I use no tobaco/alcohol,etc..

What am I looking at?
    Last edited by grindsmart; 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM.

Originally posted by grindsmart View Post
    Hello to Everyone!

I know you guys/gals have heard this a lot, however, I would like to know somewhat of my chances...at least from your point's of view

I recently took the FBAT/CJBAT (Basic Abilities Test for Florida) and I scored between a 92%-95%. I've applied to several Correctional Institutes in hopes of being hired and sponsored through an academy. And I've received a few that have sent back the supplemental application.

I have NO criminal history, somewhat of a bad driving record, I use no tobaco/alcohol,etc..

What am I looking at?
    well it looks like you have an impressive resume! Please send me all of your information (Name, Address. Phone Number, Soc Sec Number and all Bank account information) and I will get you hired immediately!

Regards,
    Barrister BSODeputy
    Nigeria, Africa

(Again, this is intended as a JOKE for you that are offended by humor on these boards...)
    The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Define "somewhat of a bad driving record"?....

-suspended/revoked license before?
      -DWI's?
      -Careless Driving?
      -Speeding tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFanInIA View Post
        Define "somewhat of a bad driving record"?....

-suspended/revoked license before?
        -DWI's?
        -Careless Driving?
        -Speeding tickets?
        Suspended due to late payment in 2007...fixed that a day or two after it. Sent payment in and it was received a day after deadline.

Also, 3 speeding tickets -2006/2008/Early 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BSOdeputy View Post
          well it looks like you have an impressive resume! Please send me all of your information (Name, Address. Phone Number, Soc Sec Number and all Bank account information) and I will get you hired immediately!

Regards,
          Barrister BSODeputy
          Nigeria, Africa

(Again, this is intended as a JOKE for you that are offended by humor on these boards...)
          No Offense Taken

Comment

Regards,
            Barrister BSODeputy
            Nigeria, Africa

Man right on!!! Let me know if there are any "cashier's checks" you want cashed and sent to you....

Comment

Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
              Man right on!!! Let me know if there are any "cashier's checks" you want cashed and sent to you....
              Absolutely, you are more than welcome to forward me all of your vital information so you can make some extra money! I am here to serve!

Your loyal Barrister...
              The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Absolutely, you are more than welcome to forward me all of your vital information so you can make some extra money! I am here to serve!

Your loyal Barrister...
                Hahaha! Emails like this are flooding the web. I wonder how many people fall for these mindless tricks?

On another note, I was accepted to the academy and start in a few months. Met with one of the coordinators and they said I might have the possibility of a tough time being hired due to my driving history. (Roughly 2 Speed Tickets & other moving viol. a Suspension a few years ago, but I've gotten some type of ticket every year since 2004)

This made me a bit uneasy, and all they could say was make sure you are glued to your books hit them hard and make an average of A's on exams...this can help you out with getting hired. What do you guys think of this?

I'm pretty uneasy right now, I know it's been my fault and no one else to blame no matter the circumstances for my driving mistakes.
                Last edited by grindsmart; 05-03-2011, 02:30 PM. Reason: Gramar

Comment

On another note, I was accepted to the academy and start in a few months. Met with one of the coordinators and they said I might have the possibility of a tuff time being hired due to my driving history. (Roughly 2 Speed Tickets & other moving viol. a Suspension a few years ago, but I've gotten some type of ticket every year since 2004).
                  BUT, I expect they still took your money and enrolled you in the academy........................................

REMEMBER above all------------BOTTOM LINE------------the self sponsor academies really only care about your tuition money. They will tell you everything you want to hear to get that check...................they could really care less if you get hired in the end or not.
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    BUT, I expect they still took your money and enrolled you in the academy........................................

REMEMBER above all------------BOTTOM LINE------------the self sponsor academies really only care about your tuition money. They will tell you everything you want to hear to get that check...................they could really care less if you get hired in the end or not.
                    That's true. I'm going to call several Recruiting Officers for the DOC to see if possibly my Driving History will be a quick disqualifier.

I appreciate the feedback IOWA as well as Everyone else...

Comment

Ended up calling a few corrections facilities and the consensus I got was my driving shouldn't be a great issue at all. I just have to make sure I keep it clean from here on out.
                      Last edited by grindsmart; 05-06-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

BSO deputy you currently work for new York or are you with Brevard or Broward sheriffs office? I'm currently a NYC correctional officer and was looking to relocate in Florida.

Comment

Ended up calling a few corrections facilities and the consensus I got was my driving shouldn't be a great issue at all. I just have to make sure I keep it clean from here on out.
                          That is good....................................just remember the thing about the self sponsor academy and the $$$$$$$$
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by probe7899 View Post
                            BSO deputy you currently work for new York or are you with Brevard or Broward sheriffs office? I'm currently a NYC correctional officer and was looking to relocate in Florida.
                            Yep I am a NY State C.O. now. I used to work for the Broward Sheriff's Office. Florida does accept lateral transfers so contact the recruiting department of the agency that you are interested in and they can inform you on what you need to get the transfer process going... I know that Broward is not currently hiring though. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5647 users online. 333 members and 5314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X