300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally made it

Not sure where to post this but since im going to be working in corrections I figured I would post it here . After applying at every law enforcement agency in the state for the last two years I finally got on with a local sheriffs department as a corrections officer I start the police academy in two weeks and will be working in the jail after that . Its been a long hard road but I finally made it woo hoo
    If you have them by the balls there hearts and minds will soon follow-John Wayne

well done and good luck.............although I would say that you have far from made it ...more just starting it.

Comment

Congrats to you. I got the call yesterday with a conditional offer with the city PD for Detentions. Your story sounds very much like mine. Finally on my way.
      Air Force Retiree

HCPD Police Officer

Originally posted by 3102
      There is more than one right answer in most things that we do.

Comment

Originally posted by hbfsbull View Post
        Not sure where to post this but since im going to be working in corrections I figured I would post it here . After applying at every law enforcement agency in the state for the last two years I finally got on with a local sheriffs department as a corrections officer I start the police academy in two weeks and will be working in the jail after that . Its been a long hard road but I finally made it woo hoo
        Originally posted by roadrenegade View Post
        Congrats to you. I got the call yesterday with a conditional offer with the city PD for Detentions. Your story sounds very much like mine. Finally on my way.
        Congrats to both of you

If either of you have aspirations for working the road-------------------the skills you learn working behind bars will prove to be invaluable when you hit the streets

If you want to stay in Corrections------------------disregard everything you hear ------Corrections is an honorable branch of Law Enforcement and can be very rewarding.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Im hoping to do a year or two in the jail then go out on the road . With budget cuts and large unemployment around here its tough to get out on the road with no experience or certification
          If you have them by the balls there hearts and minds will soon follow-John Wayne

Comment

Thank you Iowa. I was up front with the Chief during my interview with him about my hopes for the future. He only asked that I give them a minimum of a year in Detention before I start trying to move to Patrol. I think that is a completely fair request given the costs of training they will expend on me and I have no problem with that.

hbfsbull, I am planning the same path. Good luck to you.

Wade
            Air Force Retiree

HCPD Police Officer

Originally posted by 3102
            There is more than one right answer in most things that we do.

Comment

Good lucky guys.., its certainly going to be an interesting experience, and hopefully you can reach your goals from it!
              Correctional Officer at the Philadelphia Prisons since January 2009

Comment

Congrats to both of you. I recently graduated from my academy and just about all of us had originally planned on applying for Patrol after a couple years, now none of us want to leave the jail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6964 users online. 360 members and 6604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X