Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Super Group: N.Y.S.D.O.C.C.S. - HUH??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

BSO had several yrs as a CO in another state.

He isn't new.
    But to our department he's considered a Newjack.

Only joking with him anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
      Surfing your old posts I came across this one on 10/22/2009... Your profile says you have 16 years experience. Yet you weren't hired more than 2 years ago.

Maybe you should show some respect to the senior officer, newjack.
      Well, I don't know if I should feel honored or creeped out by seeing that you took SO much time out of your day to look up my old posts. Maybe you should have dug a little deeper to see just a smidgeon of my L.E. background... But alas your investigative skills aren't up to par with that of a cantaloupe so perhaps you don't have the bright future that I thought you did in I.G.

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      I don't agree with everything he says all the time either..............but.....................

BSO had several yrs as a CO in another state.

He isn't new.
      Thank you Iowa....

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
      But to our department he's considered a Newjack.

Only joking with him anyways.
      I don't buy the whole "Only joking with him anyways." line. People say that crap like its "ok" but usually mean what they originally stated. Listen up, just stay out of my way on these boards and I will do the same.
      The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by BSOdeputy View Post
        I don't buy the whole "Only joking with him anyways." line. People say that crap like its "ok" but usually mean what they originally stated. Listen up, just stay out of my way on these boards and I will do the same.
        Lighten up. It was a joke. I don't agree with the screw the new guy attitude that so many have. Alot of officers forget where they came from and how lucky we are.

Comment

So...anything gonna come our way with regards to the new name?? We are still using To/From' with the old name on it!!
          Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hack4NYS View Post
            So...anything gonna come our way with regards to the new name?? We are still using To/From' with the old name on it!!
            I know the new name gave me a heightened sense of pride and put a new spring in my step...................NOT!!!!!!.................. .

Comment

nys doccs

let me say that i have personally felt the new improvements in the dept because i now am at gh and i drive 83 miles each way. my old commute was 25 min with traffic. i lost my downstate differential but have to pay more in gas. i love the new doccs because i will never make it to a home jail unless i move "home". thank you guv may i have another?

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder62 View Post
                Figured Id let everyone know but at our lineup this morning they told us we would be getting new patches and thats it lol
                There was a memo going around Attica that said or new patches were gonna say Dept of Corrections and community resources, I saw the memo with my own eyes with the dept letter head so it seems a couple people were right only the patches are changing and our uniform is gonna get even more stupid looking!

Comment

So does this mean there will be some classes going in ?

Hello all I was just curious if anyone has herd anything about academy classes going in, all I keep getting when I call is no news is good news and be patient.

Thank you in Advance

Comment

In CA. parole and corrections falls under the same department. Our I.D.s say Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation but for classification it says either correctional officer or parole agent. Our parole agents are in street clothes and no uniforms but inside the prisons they have patches that say dept. of corrections and rehabilitation. The correctional officer badge says dept. of corrections and rehabilitation and the parole agent badge says state parole agent. Each one has their own academy. Parole Agents have their own union called PAAC which is part of the bigger corrections union CCPOA. So in essence it is the same union however the PAAC leadership really have no say under bargaining while the hierarchy of CCPOA control the whole union and really don't know what the hell parole does on a daily basis.

Probation in CA. is a county agency with each county running it their own unique way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3487 users online. 175 members and 3312 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X