Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Super Group: N.Y.S.D.O.C.C.S. - HUH??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
    I didn't read any part of the budget that didn't have money allocated. Can you show me the link. Thanks.
    Of course this is just the proposed budget but there is nothing in there about any new uniforms, badges, patches,etc...

http://publications.budget.state.ny....blicSafety.pdf
    Last edited by JusticeForAll; 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM. Reason: For the ill informed.

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
      Of course this is just the proposed budget but there is nothing in there about any new uniforms, badges, patches,etc...

http://publications.budget.state.ny....blicSafety.pdf
      There is no proposed budget. It already passed.
      Further:
      http://publications.budget.state.ny....sentations.pdf
      There is nothing there to verify that there is no money available for the upgrades. However once the line by line budget is printed you'll learn more about it. There is nothing there to verify your claim. Besides, I believe uniforms etc. come under the General Funds line item.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot senior guys think they know it all.

Since when can you speak for everyone else that posts here?

I didn't read any part of the budget that had money allocated to make changes to uniforms, badges, patches, etc...I must have missed that part. Can you show me the link? Thanks.
        Show some respect for the posters that have been here for many years. All you do is berate other Officers here and cause strife, I bet you don't disrespect the Officers at your facility though! No worries, you have a solid career ahead of you in I.G.; No posters should even respond to you anymore, you are just another troll on these boards. Trust me, others have come before you and you don't see them posting here anymore.
        Last edited by BSOdeputy; 04-04-2011, 08:21 AM.
        The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Someone with close to 15 years is a "Newjack"?
          Also I been on this forum almost as long as you.
          You my fellow CO are exactly why this department is look down on by the public. You can't have an intelligent discussion without acting like a 3 year old. Only thing your insults do is make you look unintelligent.
          Last edited by JusticeForAll; 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM. Reason: Don't know why I bother

Comment

Originally posted by MSICF View Post
            Also Arthurkill has been thrown under the bus by their own legislators.
            I read this article back on the 30th...read some of the comment people posted at the bottom.

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The Arthur Kill Correctional Facility could well be on the Cuomo administration’s chopping block for closure — part of the sweeping budget authority the state Legislature is poised to give the governor, who is looking to make $100 million in cuts to the New York prison system by closing facilities around the state.

But two Republican lawmakers here say that might not be such a bad thing.

They said that while the loss of an estimated 300 jobs held by Staten Islanders who work at the medium-security prison in Charleston wouldn’t be good news for the workers, the surrounding community and borough could actually benefit from getting a chunk of the $10 million in economic development money Gov. Andrew Cuomo has promised to dole out to areas affected by the closures.

"There could be a silver lining for that part of my Assembly district," said Assemblyman Lou Tobacco (R-South Shore). "Reinvesting and retrofitting could make it into something positive for Staten Island."

"It is 160 acres of choice Staten Island land," said state Sen. Andrew Lanza (R-Staten Island). "There are plenty of economic uses, retail development like a Wegmans, a corporate park. The (current) jobs could be replaced with 2 to 3,000 jobs."

More...http://www.silive.com/southshore/ind..._kill_cor.html
            Last edited by JusticeForAll; 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Whoa, whoa! Gentlemen... Come on now... We all know, deep down that there will be no uniform change. No new badges. No new patches. No new nothing...besides a name change on the To/From Headers. There's no need to attack a fellow CO. Cause after all this much ballyhooed crap blows over...we will all still wear blue, with the same exact patches and skin-puncturing collar brass.
              Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hack4NYS View Post
                Whoa, whoa! Gentlemen... Come on now... We all know, deep down that there will be no uniform change. No new badges. No new patches. No new nothing...besides a name change on the To/From Headers. There's no need to attack a fellow CO. Cause after all this much ballyhooed crap blows over...we will all still wear blue, with the same exact patches and skin-puncturing collar brass.
                I've let myself get drawn in a couple times so I can't claim sainthood here but my theory is this.......winning an argument on the internet is like winning a race in the Special Olympics......either way you are still retarded.... No offense to people with disabilities here....it's just the sentiment that counts.

Comment

Figured Id let everyone know but at our lineup this morning they told us we would be getting new patches and thats it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder62 View Post
                    Figured Id let everyone know but at our lineup this morning they told us we would be getting new patches and thats it lol
                    Guess I was right. Not to rub it in or anything.
                    The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by BSOdeputy View Post
                      Guess I was right. Not to rub it in or anything.
                      You said...
                      Well, the mandatory changes would also include the I.D. so you pretty much summed it all up. Patches, Badge, & I.D....
                      I said...
                      Due to money issues I doubt there will be any changes to badge, uniforms, hats, patches etc...
                      Since you might be right, if it ever happens, about 1 out of 3 things.

Going by that logic, I guess I was right also. Not to rub it in or anything.

Don't believe everything you hear. Until it happens it hasn't happened.

Got to love how the Politicians are throwing Sing Sing and Arthurkill under the bus.
                      Last edited by JusticeForAll; 04-05-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I refuse to argue with you chief, seek the thrills elsewhere. Have a safe tour! From now on, all your posts are correct in my book. You the man!

Comment

I refuse to argue with you chief, seek the thrills elsewhere. Have a safe tour! From now on, all your posts are correct in my book. You the man!
                          Nothing to argue about. We could both be right and wrong at the same time.

Comment

Show some respect for the posters that have been here for many years. All you do is berate other Officers here and cause strife, I bet you don't disrespect the Officers at your facility though!
                            Surfing your old posts I came across this one on 10/22/2009...
                            Well folks its been a long time coming but I got the call just now. Next academy starts November 15th! See you there!
                            Your profile says you have 16 years experience. Yet you weren't hired more than 2 years ago.

Maybe you should show some respect to the senior officer, newjack.

Comment

Surfing your old posts I came across this one on 10/22/2009... Your profile says you have 16 years experience. Yet you weren't hired more than 2 years ago.

Maybe you should show some respect to the senior officer, newjack.
                              I don't agree with everything he says all the time either..............but.....................

BSO had several yrs as a CO in another state.

He isn't new.
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                                I've let myself get drawn in a couple times so I can't claim sainthood here but my theory is this.......winning an argument on the internet is like winning a race in the Special Olympics......either way you are still retarded.... No offense to people with disabilities here....it's just the sentiment that counts.
                                I take exception to your post! If it's the sentiment that counts, why not use a different analogy? You have offended those with disabilities...and you have offended me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4034 users online. 218 members and 3816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X