Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Super Group: N.Y.S.D.O.C.C.S. - HUH??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Super Group: N.Y.S.D.O.C.C.S. - HUH??

So...with the budget passing...is this whole Corrections/Parole merger thing a GO? I cannot wait to see what the new uniform will look like! Or the new badge! OOOHHH, what will the new patch look like??? Come on NYSDOCS guys...what else could change??
    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Well, the mandatory changes would also include the I.D. so you pretty much summed it all up. Patches, Badge, & I.D.... Maybe not the uniform though. I bet they just throw us 20 "new" patches and say: "Sew this $hit on your uniforms."
    The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by BSOdeputy View Post
      Well, the mandatory changes would also include the I.D. so you pretty much summed it all up. Patches, Badge, & I.D.... Maybe not the uniform though. I bet they just throw us 20 "new" patches and say: "Sew this $hit on your uniforms."

That is what they did to us when we changed agency names

Our parole/probation officers have different everything than our institution staff does...........but they are still DOC
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If the uniforms could get possibly any worse....they will find a way to do it and act on it with this big change.
        Cant wait to see what kinda cheap, mismatched, ill-fitting, "nonthreatening" garmets they order us to wear next. NYSDOCS uniforms are the joke of all 50 states.

Comment

Due to money issues I doubt there will be any changes to badge, uniforms, hats, patches etc...

Comment

New N.Y.S.D.O.C.C.S. uniform

I heard they are working on them and it's gonna be something like this so the inmates don't feel threaten and are more comfortable
            Attached Files
            ------------------------------------------------------
            The C.O song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xP3strmDw

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeForAll View Post
              Due to money issues I doubt there will be any changes to badge, uniforms, hats, patches etc...
              They would have to. The Department would no longer exist under that name so changing the basic things that were listed would be mandatory.
              The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

They would have to. The Department would no longer exist under that name so changing the basic things that were listed would be mandatory.
                They don't have to do anything. Just look at the 1 year rule for example.

Comment

Yep you are definitely right. You know a lot for a guy with 6 months on the job, I should know better than to go argue with the voice of wisdom. They will definitely keep a name for an agency that no longer exists. Makes perfect sense to me and to everyone else that posts here.
                  Last edited by BSOdeputy; 04-02-2011, 07:11 AM. Reason: So no one cries...

Comment

The one year notice of closure law was a great idea up until they announced the farce known as the Prison Closure Task Force or whatever they called it. Every swinging dick in Albany knew that the panel wouldn"t suggest any jails for closure.....at least not publicly.........which put the decision at the sole discretion of our marvelous commissioner and the Governor.....now there is a real shocker.....

Supposedly this "side step" around the one year closure law applies only to this round of closures then the law goes back into effect. That is what I have heard so don't bet the farm on it because we all know if politicians grease enough pockets any law can be changed.

Also....there have been quite a few larger drafts out lately.....at least at my facility. Anyone want to bet that the numbers are rising at all the work release facilities in the City so they appear full just before closures are announced?

Comment

how shall i put this? so long as i get paid every second wednsday and i do the same stuff ive been doing till now i dont care whether they give me a new id and shield. i expect that any changes will result in worse quality uniforms than what we currently have and if the shield could be cast by the inmates we would get those too.

Comment

Originally posted by Willard_DTC View Post
                        The one year notice of closure law was a great idea up until they announced the farce known as the Prison Closure Task Force or whatever they called it. Every swinging dick in Albany knew that the panel wouldn"t suggest any jails for closure.....at least not publicly.........which put the decision at the sole discretion of our marvelous commissioner and the Governor.....now there is a real shocker.....

Supposedly this "side step" around the one year closure law applies only to this round of closures then the law goes back into effect. That is what I have heard so don't bet the farm on it because we all know if politicians grease enough pockets any law can be changed.

Also....there have been quite a few larger drafts out lately.....at least at my facility. Anyone want to bet that the numbers are rising at all the work release facilities in the City so they appear full just before closures are announced?
                        One year closure suspended for a year is correct. It's not unprecedented. Gabriels was closed w/ 90 days. 3700 bed number is somewhat fluid. It's a target number. In order for the state to save any money this fiscal year they have to close them in a hurry: hence the 60 days. I think the Senate wanted $5 mil. to reopen consolidated dorms. This would be where the cons are moved to. If I can find the link I'll post it. Also Arthurkill has been thrown under the bus by their own legislators.
                        http://www.silive.com/southshore/ind..._kill_cor.html
                        Theres 900 beds.
                        The $100 mil for the towns w/ closed facilities is no longer. It's $50 mil. That would indicate 5 jails. Subtract Arthurkill, if true, and that leaves 4 more. Smaller jails w/ low bed numbers wouldn't reach the target number so it would appear they are looking at larger facilities.
                        FWIW
                        Also the Parole Board remains independent.

Comment

Yep you are definitely right. You know a lot for a guy with 6 months on the job, I should know better than to go argue with the voice of wisdom. They will definitely keep a name for an agency that no longer exists. Makes perfect sense to me and to everyone else that posts here.
                          Sorry, I forgot senior guys think they know it all.

Since when can you speak for everyone else that posts here?

I didn't read any part of the budget that had money allocated to make changes to uniforms, badges, patches, etc...I must have missed that part. Can you show me the link? Thanks.
                          Last edited by JusticeForAll; 04-02-2011, 01:37 PM. Reason: Some people are ignorant.

Comment

I didn't read any part of the budget that had money allocated to make changes to uniforms, badges, patches, etc...I must have missed that part. Can you show me the link? Thanks.
                            You are what people in my agency would call a hairbag.

Comment

I didn't read any part of the budget that didn't have money allocated. Can you show me the link. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3777 users online. 216 members and 3561 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X