300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did two cell extractions today.

I suited up and did back to back cell extractions today. The first was a poocaso with feces covering his window and all over the cell. The second more civilized only cutting his feet? Anyway, I am up a bit late winding down from the day. Honestly though in four years of Corrections here in Idaho this only makes four cell extractions for me personally (not that this is all there have been, but the ones I have participated in). My question is how many do you guys participate in on regularly. I am happy to report that nobody was injured today, but that reality is always there even with a planned use of force.
    All comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the policy or opinion of my employing agency.

Back in the day-----------------------daily.

Since the mid 1990's.............very few.

Since 2000--------------only if absolutely necessary and the "negotiator" gives up.

Hug Your Local Thug is the official policy at my former agency.

Originally posted by IdahoCO View Post
    I am happy to report that nobody was injured today, but that reality is always there even with a planned use of force.
    I rarely participated in or reviewed a UOF where some staff didn't get injured in some way. Usually by other staff.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Honestly, I have only done one cell extraction in my 2 years in corrections. The inmate was 100% compliant, and it was more procedural than anything else. My facility is an FCI (medium security) so cell extractions are not very common here.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Last edited by IMDOC!; 06-09-2011, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I'm entering my third year in a county jail in NC, i'm on the SERT team and i've participated in about 8 or 9 with only one of them being much to do. we suit up on every cell extraction but we've been lucky to have no injuries in my group.
          Let no man's ghost say that my training failed him.

Comment

that was the first time I've ever seen an extraction team in white. looked very strange. I'm glad he was compliant. it can get ugly when you have to play with a fecal impressionist.

Comment

Originally posted by yadayada View Post
              that was the first time I've ever seen an extraction team in white. looked very strange. I'm glad he was compliant. it can get ugly when you have to play with a fecal impressionist.
              "Fecal Impressionist"?...Good one! The only problem with doing a Cell Extraction on a "fecal Impressionist" is telling the difference between the "artist" and his media! LOL

Comment

I've been with the Missouri DOC for over 15 months now. In that time I only know of one cell extraction where I work and it wasn't on my shift. Typically when they barricade themselves in,flood, or pop their sprinklers and all that garbage AND refuse to cuff up and come out. We'll use the MK-9 O/C Fogger on them first and I have yet to see that not work in getting them to comply with wrist restraints.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFanInIA View Post
                  I've been with the Missouri DOC for over 15 months now. In that time I only know of one cell extraction where I work and it wasn't on my shift. Typically when they barricade themselves in,flood, or pop their sprinklers and all that garbage AND refuse to cuff up and come out. We'll use the MK-9 O/C Fogger on them first and I have yet to see that not work in getting them to comply with wrist restraints.
                  Trust me Hawk...you will come across one that the MK-9 won't work on. I remember three full shots from the Isprajet and we STILL had to go in and get him! It's a tool...always have a back-up plan in case plan #1 fails. Just sayin'

Comment

I work at a county jail in AZ and it used to be rare that we went into a cedll and got someone but lately it has become more and more frequent. Why just the other day we had to go in and force a guy to cuff upand be removed. We don't have a SERT team so its usually the officers who respond that make the extractions and sometimes we deploy the TASER but that is really rare.

Comment

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
                      Trust me Hawk...you will come across one that the MK-9 won't work on. I remember three full shots from the Isprajet and we STILL had to go in and get him! It's a tool...always have a back-up plan in case plan #1 fails. Just sayin'
                      There are times when you need Plan C as well as Plan B

There are many people that Mace or Pepper Spray just don't effect.
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Ours have been tapering off as we introduce more tools. We now have pepperball, 40mm impact rounds, cell buster, stingball grenades, and stun shield at our disposal, but we still get guys who take all that and the entry team. We probably average a couple a month now (I've personally participated in 4 or 5 in the past year as a member of the cirt team). 8 or 9 years ago when I worked in max housing the team was coming in and doing multiple extractions a day a couple days a week. The more serious we got about charging them with additional felonies for popping fire sprinklers and dropping stingball grenades prior to entry, the less extractions we have to do. But there is a cyclical factor to it too. A new crop of youngsters come up and we have to educate them all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyP View Post
                          But there is a cyclical factor to it too. A new crop of youngsters come up and we have to educate them all over again.
                          Yes there are rookie inmates too that need trained

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            Back in the day-----------------------daily.

Since the mid 1990's.............very few.

Since 2000--------------only if absolutely necessary and the "negotiator" gives up.

Hug Your Local Thug is the official policy at my former agency.

I rarely participated in or reviewed a UOF where some staff didn't get injured in some way. Usually by other staff.
                            I agree 100% with you, while I'm not for abuse of inmates, to quote a famous line "there are some men you just can't reach"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5629 users online. 309 members and 5320 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X