Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    in 20 years the only time I have seen that is when an institution was activating. so you were a rate case.

The latest "story" is there is talk of putting the hiring back on the individual institutions like they did prior to Grand Prarie activating in 2007 ish However it won't be soo because the New/Old director just put out info that came hey are hiring additional staff in Geand Prarie's staffing office ro help so they can the hire more staff at institutions faster than they are

• Keyturner
    commented on 's reply
    No, I got hired when an institution opened an announcement just for that particular institution. It was for COs. You don't see them often but it does happen.

• in625shooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Keyturner View Post

Sometimes prisons that really need people will post individual announcements that you can apply to. Other than that, not that I know of.
    Not sure if you ment this but let me explain it a little further. The announcements for the Indiidual institutions are for BOP employees wanting a lateral transfer. Not for people off the street to come Into

Those will state in the Eligiblility section "Current BOP employees or reinstatement eligibles"

The jobs for specific institutions will state "Open to the public" but they are usually other than CO positions like HVAC, Teacher, Nurse or some other specialty
    Last edited by in625shooter; 10-12-2019, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Keyturner
    replied
    Originally posted by Lady_Corrections View Post
    Is there a way to express interest in more than two locations?
    Sometimes prisons that really need people will post individual announcements that you can apply to. Other than that, not that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Lady_Corrections
    replied
    Is there a way to express interest in more than two locations?

Leave a comment:

• Keyturner
    replied
    Originally posted by grass_34 View Post
    I'm going thru the hiring process at one prison. The other prison I listed on my USA jobs as applying for is also hiring. Would I be able to transfer to the other selected prison once my hiring process is complete or will I have to go ahead start at the prison I'm currently hiring on with and wait x amount of time before I can transfer to the other one? How does a transfer even work? Do you have to be off probation? Thanks in advance.
    Have you been contacted to go through the hiring process for both prisons? If so, I would wait for the one you really want to go to. Once you get hired at a specific prison, it's not that easy to transfer. You usually have to wait till after probation and you have to wait till the other prison posts an announcement for transfers. Usually at the 6/7 grade. I guess you could reapply under the national announcement for the joint you really want as well. Really just depends on your situation. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM.

Leave a comment:

• grass_34
    replied
    I'm going thru the hiring process at one prison. The other prison I listed on my USA jobs as applying for is also hiring. Would I be able to transfer to the other selected prison once my hiring process is complete or will I have to go ahead start at the prison I'm currently hiring on with and wait x amount of time before I can transfer to the other one? How does a transfer even work? Do you have to be off probation? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• in625shooter
    replied
    Originally posted by grass_34 View Post
    Does anyone know how to determine if you applied for a GL- 5 or 6 spot? I didn't know they were two separate postings. My HR is telling me I applied for the GL-5. I am qualified for the GL-6. But they're bringing me in as a 5. I do not understand this. I can't find anything that differs between the two. I thought it was just a straight 5 or 6 and then they brought you on according to what you were qualified for. Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance.
    There should have been a block for you to check on the announcement where you were asked if you wanted to be considered for both.

Now for reality. Since a out 2009 almost everyone with few exceptions have been brought on as GL 5. Experience doesn't matter as its purely Wardens discretion. And they are all about saving money.

However if your a transfer from another federal civilian agency you shouldn't lose money as they would place you at a 5 step 6 or whatever was close.

if you hire in as a 5 you would be caught up to someone by the start of your 3rd year that hired in as a 6 as you would both then be 7 step 3's.

Leave a comment:

• pissedoff
    commented on 's reply
    Will they at least match you last federal pay?

• grass_34
    replied
    Does anyone know how to determine if you applied for a GL- 5 or 6 spot? I didn't know they were two separate postings. My HR is telling me I applied for the GL-5. I am qualified for the GL-6. But they're bringing me in as a 5. I do not understand this. I can't find anything that differs between the two. I thought it was just a straight 5 or 6 and then they brought you on according to what you were qualified for. Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• myman12
    replied
    Does anybody know if fort dix is still hiring?

Leave a comment:

• dox1842
    replied
    Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

No on the range,but you shoot a Glock 17 so it's not hard (Glocks are not general nk issue but is what BOP uses at Glynco, long story)
    Id like to hear the story....

Leave a comment:

• ChrisQuirolo
    commented on 's reply
    Don't stress. The qualification is relatively easy. If you are struggling they instructors will take notice and work with you one on one.

• ChrisQuirolo
    commented on 's reply
    You have plenty of practice to shoot the course of fire during training hours. They do have simulators at FLETC, but they were closed when I was there.

• Knightwolf
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah im qualified on the Glock 23 so i guess a little less recoil will only help my score.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7507 users online. 389 members and 7118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X