Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dox1842
    commented on 's reply
    That sucks. When I was an officer I would surf the net a little here and there in between rounds but I still did my shake downs.

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    When it's institutions specific it is usually that way. When your in BOP and apply for say a LT or any other job you won't find out if you BQd and got referred until after the closing date.

Usually around 30 days. Then by rules they have to make a selection by 90 days of the closing date. Some places take 89 days it feels like.
    Last edited by in625shooter; 02-23-2020, 12:23 AM.

• Signal108M
    replied
    Several weeks ago I BQ'd immediately after I applied to a continously-open nationwide announcement. Last week I applied to a similar posiion (with exact same experience questions) open just for two weeks, and located at one particular FCI. When I submitted my application it simply acknowledged receipt. It didn't rate my replies to the questions. The app has been "Received" for 8 business days now. Still no ranking. Weird that when applying to the nationwide announcement my app was instantly rated as BQ, while no ranking was received from the same job vacancy on a separate two week announcement at one specific place.

Anyone seen this before? Should I be concerned about a HR systems glitch?
    Last edited by Signal108M; 02-22-2020, 08:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rmodel1965
    commented on 's reply
    Great news!

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    Knight, if you are BOP yes just let your boss know and they usually know someone at where6you want to go. Word of mouth is a big factor in an institution putting an announcement for Laterals for BOP Reassignment Elegibles.

As far as experience in Corrections if your not currently BOP you have nothing coming or special considerations. Most have to have it to get BQd but they dont care how one gets BQd just that younate. And not me saying this just how it is. No one cares what Jail, prison or system anyone comes from. You start over and have to sort of take your lumps. Just how it's been since 1935.

Good luck

• Knightwolf
    commented on 's reply
    Would already working corrections increase the possibility of getting picked up?

• in625shooter
    replied
    Originally posted by bopstaff15 View Post
    Because I want to be able to monitor my heart rate,keep up with the amount of steps I take each day etc. that's why . I remember not have any internet either I thought it was dumb then not having any internet and think it is dumb now taking the internet. I use the internet a lot for work purposes one big thing I use it for is to Google inmates since we no longer have access to inmates psi's or anything on insight like we once did when all that info was on bopware.
    You have access to PSIs just get with a counselor or case/unit manager. You can read the paper version ok n out of section 1 of the inmates central file. Then there's Sentry. As far as internet, staff (some anyway) have shown they can not moderate their screwing off time so it will go other then a couple places terminals like it use to be.

Leave a comment:

• bopstaff15
    replied
    Because I want to be able to monitor my heart rate,keep up with the amount of steps I take each day etc. that's why . I remember not have any internet either I thought it was dumb then not having any internet and think it is dumb now taking the internet. I use the internet a lot for work purposes one big thing I use it for is to Google inmates since we no longer have access to inmates psi's or anything on insight like we once did when all that info was on bopware.

Leave a comment:

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    Respectfully and I say this ad an old school USP trained Hack What the heck for? Your there 8 a couple days for 16 (depending on joint) You'll make it through out the shift. Just dont eat junk food and be out and about. Sort of related but I can't wait til we go back to no internet like it was when I hired in.

• bopstaff15
    replied
    On a different note now that we are now no longer allowed to wear our smart watches in the BOP. I have been looking for a watch that has the usual smart watch functions minus the phone ,text, email function but can not find any. Does anyone know of any watches of that type? My fit bit did not have the capabilities to work as a phone just able to produce phone notifications but I am told I can not even wear it.

Leave a comment:

• A300!
    replied
    By any chance, is anyone here also waiting to hear back from FCC Coleman? I put that as my first choice few weeks back but still have not heard anything. Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• in625shooter
    commented on 's reply
    They do a interim one to get you started but the main public trust one will not get cleared until somewhere between the 6 and 9 months in.(on average you will always have a few much shorter or longer) A lot depends on how quick the BGI can make contact with former employees, references etc.

As far as hired never take USA Jobs as official. Wait until the HR office formally notifies you a firm offer in writing or E mail
    Last edited by in625shooter; 02-13-2020, 12:14 PM.

• Nypd8339
    replied
    My file was submitted to a investigator at mcc New York on Friday 02/07/20 how long does the background take usually ?

Leave a comment:

• Sam1985
    commented on 's reply
    I took your advice and got a call from Oxford saying to change them to my number one preference

• JZ71LT
    commented on 's reply
    My status changed to hired about 3 months before EOD.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9037 users online. 227 members and 8810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X