300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edited Thanks.
    Last edited by Nick2; 09-11-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Good luck to everybody that's still in the process! For the people w/ EOD's I would like to give my humble 2 cents from one newbie to another. If you already know a BOP staff member...start asking questions now!!!! When you go thru IF TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!!! Many staffers will make light about it but dont you do it! ASK QUESTIONS!!!! Do not be affraid to ask! Once you get done w/ IF BOP will hand you a pair of keys and tell you to have fun. Because of that...it is in your best interest to ask questions! Dont go in cocky, even if you came from another dept w/ stripes. The only way is the BOP way!!! Many CO's have been helpful w/ me and my questions. Some wont really care to help but its ok because you'll have some OG's who are just set in their ways for various reasons.

I've been on for approx 2 months and I ask questions everyday. I wont speak on policy but will say that it will save you and the cameras are rolling! If the cameras are not enough...the lovely inmates will pick up what the camera missed and will tell the LT. The BOP is huge and there are sooo many differ things you can do. I'm thankful for my job!!! No agency is perfect so if you're looking for the perfect agency...dont join it if you find it because you will end their perfect streak lol! God bless you guys on here!

@ Shooter I figured you would get a kick out of this....I learned the BOP salute!!! They did not salute me just incase you were thinking that lolololol. I learned it 2 weeks ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
        Good luck to everybody that's still in the process! For the people w/ EOD's I would like to give my humble 2 cents from one newbie to another. If you already know a BOP staff member...start asking questions now!!!! When you go thru IF TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!!! Many staffers will make light about it but dont you do it! ASK QUESTIONS!!!! Do not be affraid to ask! Once you get done w/ IF BOP will hand you a pair of keys and tell you to have fun. Because of that...it is in your best interest to ask questions! Dont go in cocky, even if you came from another dept w/ stripes. The only way is the BOP way!!! Many CO's have been helpful w/ me and my questions. Some wont really care to help but its ok because you'll have some OG's who are just set in their ways for various reasons.

I've been on for approx 2 months and I ask questions everyday. I wont speak on policy but will say that it will save you and the cameras are rolling! If the cameras are not enough...the lovely inmates will pick up what the camera missed and will tell the LT. The BOP is huge and there are sooo many differ things you can do. I'm thankful for my job!!! No agency is perfect so if you're looking for the perfect agency...dont join it if you find it because you will end their perfect streak lol! God bless you guys on here!

@ Shooter I figured you would get a kick out of this....I learned the BOP salute!!! They did not salute me just incase you were thinking that lolololol. I learned it 2 weeks ago!
        Thats pretty ****ty if the bosses take the words of inmates over their officers.

Comment

• [QUOTE=NYPD14AUX;3520290]Thats pretty ****ty if the bosses take the words of inmates over their officers.[

I'm just saying that the inmates will drop dimes on you all day so dont get comfy w/ them and dont cut corners.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
            Thats pretty ****ty if the bosses take the words of inmates over their officers.
            LT's do not take the words of inmates. Inmates do file on everything, convicts don't. Usually in the case of any custody issues the LT's are often times the ones tasked with investigating their "claim" to appease the process. Upper management , well thats a different story

Comment

• 10 days till EOD. Well...our second EOD, lol, since our EOD was September 8, but got moved to September 22. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                10 days till EOD. Well...our second EOD, lol, since our EOD was September 8, but got moved to September 22. Really looking forward to it.
                Boricua,

I recently got referred for AUSP Thomas and I'm currently waiting to see if they offer me an interview. Can you provide any details about the interview process? Was it hard? I don't have any corrections experience, but I have 6 years of Army experience and an AA level of college credit. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Boricua,

I recently got referred for AUSP Thomas and I'm currently waiting to see if they offer me an interview. Can you provide any details about the interview process? Was it hard? I don't have any corrections experience, but I have 6 years of Army experience and an AA level of college credit. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!
                  Well...as you know, I can't discuss details. We all sign a confidential clause, but I can tell you this much. It's all about common sense and safety. Just relax, be yourself and answer only what's asked. You don't need experience. You will be alright. Keep us posted and good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Boricua,

I think you mean thomson, and if so then you're pretty much hired as long as you don't completely bomb the interview. You should have some pretty good seniority in no time as well.
                    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                      10 days till EOD. Well...our second EOD, lol, since our EOD was September 8, but got moved to September 22. Really looking forward to it.
                      Still waiting for waiver here. Was just told I was reallocated for a GL6! That is, if the waiver comes through! Hope it is soon! I was going to ask how the first week of IF was..guess I know now. At least you are warm, here in Colorado we got about two inches of snow! Not ready for that!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        I think you mean thomson, and if so then you're pretty much hired as long as you don't completely bomb the interview. You should have some pretty good seniority in no time as well.
                        Yea I have no idea were that came from. I meant AUSP Thomson. Thank you for the information!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
                          Still waiting for waiver here. Was just told I was reallocated for a GL6! That is, if the waiver comes through! Hope it is soon! I was going to ask how the first week of IF was..guess I know now. At least you are warm, here in Colorado we got about two inches of snow! Not ready for that!
                          Hang in there, you will get the news soon.

Comment

• 6 days to EOD!

Comment

• Good deal Boricual, hope to hear something this week, or soon! I am getting that anxious, need to know now feeling!

Comment

• @BoricuaLEO you ready pal!!??? We EOD in A FEW DAYS!!!!!!

Although my institution is sooooooo much better

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5727 users online. 311 members and 5416 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X