Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else having problems with usajobs uploading EVERYTHING to the BOP website? I've been trying to apply for the past two days, and i keep getting an error message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Digital View Post
      Is anyone else having problems with usajobs uploading EVERYTHING to the BOP website? I've been trying to apply for the past two days, and i keep getting an error message.
      No you are not alone, it's a bandwidth or communication issue. Try doing it around 2am when there isn't much traffic. That'd what I had to do.
      Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
      Me: you really want an answer to that
      Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• I apllied about a month ago, but have not received a nor of anything of the sort. Is there a way to be considered for all locations, or can you only pick 2?

It seems the central facility cannot even tell me if my application is complete.

Also, I am trying to update my email on the BOP site, and it is greyed out and will not allow me to do so. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Comment

• Hey, guys. I applied yesterday for MCC in Manhattan and Fort Dix in Jersey. During the application, there was a page that listed specific forms that needed to be submitted. I can't seem to find that page again. After checking the actual job announcement, it says the only forms that need to be submitted are the resume, DD214 for military applicants, college transcripts, and an SF50 (I'm a former police officer, is this even applicable to me??). I feel like the original list I saw while filling out the application asked for much more required forms than the ones listed in the announcement. Thanks, everyone, stay safe.
          Last edited by FL5OH; 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL5OH View Post
            Hey, guys. I applied yesterday for MCC in Manhattan and Fort Dix in Jersey. During the application, there was a page that listed specific forms that needed to be submitted. I can't seem to find that page again. After checking the actual job announcement, it says the only forms that need to be submitted are the resume, DD214 for military applicants, college transcripts, and an SF50 (I'm a former police officer, is this even applicable to me??). I feel like the original list I saw while filling out the application asked for much more required forms than the ones listed in the announcement. Thanks, everyone, stay safe.
            No..... Those were optional forms the only thing required is your resume. DD214 if you have served in the military, SF50 if you have been a federal civilian employee and College transcripts if you are claiming college credit. Basically they want the forms to back up what you list on your resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
              No..... Those were optional forms the only thing required is your resume. DD214 if you have served in the military, SF50 if you have been a federal civilian employee and College transcripts if you are claiming college credit. Basically they want the forms to back up what you list on your resume.
              Roger. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

• I'm a vet (disabled) with prior civilian corrections and military police experience. I applied back in May for BOP and picked Victorville and Terra Haute as my two facilites. I got an email today saying I needed to submit the OF-5 Inquiry of Availability. The facility is Victorville and the form has the pay rate listed and says to call to setup an interview. Is this good news or do I still have a long wait?

Comment

Roger. Thanks for the quick reply.
                  No problem, good luck! Sure you don't want to come to Coleman? We hire more often and since you are in Tampa it's not that big of a move for ya'........

Comment

No problem, good luck! Sure you don't want to come to Coleman? We hire more often and since you are in Tampa it's not that big of a move for ya'........
                    If I was still in Tampa, Coleman would be my first choice, but I have since moved to NY. I'd like to be able to apply to more than 2 locations, as I'd still head to FL if given the opportunity. Thanks again.

As a side question, how long can I realistically expect to wait before hearing anything after applying? I applied early December and was hoping to hear something by january/February. Thanks, be safe

Comment

If I was still in Tampa, Coleman would be my first choice, but I have since moved to NY. I'd like to be able to apply to more than 2 locations, as I'd still head to FL if given the opportunity. Thanks again.

As a side question, how long can I realistically expect to wait before hearing anything after applying? I applied early December and was hoping to hear something by january/February. Thanks, be safe
                      Honestly it can vary. Some people apply and get hired a month later, took me about 2 years from the date I applied. If your app is in and you have a high enough score when they hire then it won't be long but if the joint isn't hiring it can be a wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndySoldier1983 View Post
                        I'm a vet (disabled) with prior civilian corrections and military police experience. I applied back in May for BOP and picked Victorville and Terra Haute as my two facilites. I got an email today saying I needed to submit the OF-5 Inquiry of Availability. The facility is Victorville and the form has the pay rate listed and says to call to setup an interview. Is this good news or do I still have a long wait?
                        85% chance that it won't be much longer.

Comment

Honestly it can vary. Some people apply and get hired a month later, took me about 2 years from the date I applied. If your app is in and you have a high enough score when they hire then it won't be long but if the joint isn't hiring it can be a wait.
                          I applied for Manhattan and Fort Dix, NJ. Can I apply a 2nd time with two different facilities, or will that eliminate my first application? Thanks

Comment

85% chance that it won't be much longer.
                            I called out to Victorville a few days ago and they emailed me some forms to fill out and return before the interview. Very helpful people, keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• My process with my institution took a total of 59 days from application date to start date. I got my email about the OF-5 and was done with my oral and medical within two weeks. Hopefully it will be as quick for you.

Originally posted by IndySoldier1983 View Post
                              I'm a vet (disabled) with prior civilian corrections and military police experience. I applied back in May for BOP and picked Victorville and Terra Haute as my two facilites. I got an email today saying I needed to submit the OF-5 Inquiry of Availability. The facility is Victorville and the form has the pay rate listed and says to call to setup an interview. Is this good news or do I still have a long wait?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisemanoncesaid View Post
                                My process with my institution took a total of 59 days from application date to start date. I got my email about the OF-5 and was done with my oral and medical within two weeks. Hopefully it will be as quick for you.
                                I'd be moving from the midwest to California. I put on the OF-5 I'd be able to report within 30 days.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3935 users online. 268 members and 3667 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X