300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edited: edit
    Last edited by stathound; 01-04-2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
      BOP is hiring around 300 staff members right now. there are all kinds of announcements on staff selections on salllyport right now of BOP staff that has been promoted and moving there. This is for staff already in BOP for a paid move/transfer/some promotions. The bulk of the jobs (the ones for folks trying to get hired) will come later along with the other current staff that are trying to transfer there. When BOP activates an institution they hire in stages. Thomson was unique in it was already built. BOP has had some staff assigned there just starting to get the place tweaked (lockshop staff, facilities etc) Several staff were TDY there from Pekin, Leavenworth and other places as well the last couple years.

They will also have about 200 camp inmates to work as well.

The planned time frame of having Thomson open is the end of 2015 with about 1700 staff.
      How would that work if us new guys wanted to go and haven't been to Glynco yet, I hear it's good to have a activation under your belt.

Comment

• Someone asked the question in a thread,"are we able to watch dvd's etc" I've manly been working in the med this past week and what I can tell you, you're gonna be busy. Didn't matter whether I was in the Unit or Compound we stayed busy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
          How would that work if us new guys wanted to go and haven't been to Glynco yet, I hear it's good to have a activation under your belt.
          You new guys won't be going. In most cases you have to have your year in and be off probation. I have only seen on person get to do a lateral under their first year and it was at the 11 month mark and there was several extenuating circumstances and some politics involved (what the real Bureau Family means).

There will be plenty of spots open if your in a position you can't go right at first. Besides I would be carful what you wish for. Thomson is going to be a train wreck, simply because it is in the North Central Region and I will leave it at that.

I got to witness an activation without moving. They turned the USP into a medium FCI when they activated a new USP. If you want to move around and promote because you have "Visions of Grand" it could help but can tell you from experience all activation are train wrecks so you can have it. Specifically at USP's you have an influx of new people that have never worked USP's or seen a bad incident trying to tell every one with USP experience their better way from their last FCI cupcake.

Originally posted by dod299 View Post
          Someone asked the question in a thread,"are we able to watch dvd's etc" I've manly been working in the med this past week and what I can tell you, you're gonna be busy. Didn't matter whether I was in the Unit or Compound we stayed busy.
          THAT GUY with the "can we watch CD'" was more than likely trolling and did a drive by but there are some people that stupid and either think that or will try that when they are hired then get surprised when they get himmed up.
          Last edited by in625shooter; 09-03-2014, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Who trolls officer.com? who has TIME to troll officer.com ? holy **** folks

Comment

• I got to witness an activation without moving. They turned the USP into a medium FCI when they activated a new USP. If you want to move around and promote because you have "Visions of Grand" it could help but can tell you from experience all activation are train wrecks so you can have it. Specifically at USP's you have an influx of new people that have never worked USP's or seen a bad incident trying to tell every one with USP experience their better way from their last FCI cupcake.

Ah, tracking. I hear ya from what I can tell from the few times I've been at the high so far, it's night and day from the Med to the High.

Comment

• thanks for the knowledge drops shooter

Comment

You new guys won't be going. In most cases you have to have your year in and be off probation. I have only seen on person get to do a lateral under their first year and it was at the 11 month mark and there was several extenuating circumstances and some politics involved (what the real Bureau Family means).

There will be plenty of spots open if your in a position you can't go right at first. Besides I would be carful what you wish for. Thomson is going to be a train wreck, simply because it is in the North Central Region and I will leave it at that.

I got to witness an activation without moving. They turned the USP into a medium FCI when they activated a new USP. If you want to move around and promote because you have "Visions of Grand" it could help but can tell you from experience all activation are train wrecks so you can have it. Specifically at USP's you have an influx of new people that have never worked USP's or seen a bad incident trying to tell every one with USP experience their better way from their last FCI cupcake.

THAT GUY with the "can we watch CD'" was more than likely trolling and did a drive by but there are some people that stupid and either think that or will try that when they are hired then get surprised when they get himmed up.

Hey Shooter

FatHitman Said:

Re: Whats is the worst post at your place?
                  I am going to say every post in my place sucks now. They recently started taking internet out of all our offices so now we can only access the local network. The kicker is they are on doing this for custody within the units, everyone else gets to still browse google when they are bored. Another punch to the face for CO's.

I have been told its been like that in victorville. I don't know how those guys survive on MW without any news or google browsing.

Obviously someone is surfing the net On duty. This was from a verified officer. I only asked the question because each dept runs things differently. I now know not to worry about that w/ BOP because I don't need any memos on surfing the net or doing anything that keeps my focus away from my job. I have no problem w/ that! I was simply asking a question. When I asked the question you accused me of being a troll and tried to make it seem as though it was theee dumbest question ever in history LOLOLOLOL! the way FatHitman makes it seem...itssome what the norm.

here is the link to see for your self. http://www.prisonofficer.org/rookies...r-place-2.html

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
                    Hey Shooter

FatHitman Said:

Re: Whats is the worst post at your place?
                    I am going to say every post in my place sucks now. They recently started taking internet out of all our offices so now we can only access the local network. The kicker is they are on doing this for custody within the units, everyone else gets to still browse google when they are bored. Another punch to the face for CO's.

I have been told its been like that in victorville. I don't know how those guys survive on MW without any news or google browsing.

Obviously someone is surfing the net On duty. This was from a verified officer. I only asked the question because each dept runs things differently. I now know not to worry about that w/ BOP because I don't need any memos on surfing the net or doing anything that keeps my focus away from my job. I have no problem w/ that! I was simply asking a question. When I asked the question you accused me of being a troll and tried to make it seem as though it was theee dumbest question ever in history LOLOLOLOL! the way FatHitman makes it seem...itssome what the norm.

here is the link to see for your self. http://www.prisonofficer.org/rookies...r-place-2.html
                    It was how it came across. Having intermittent internet activity is one thing but watching movie length CD's, I mean really, although with some of the work ethic I see on some rookies coming in that does not surprise me. That wouldn't have made it a few short years ago. I am old enough when there were no computers in the units. So I come from an age where if you got caught in a tower with a commercial radio you got reamed out if you were lucky let alone if you even got caught reading a paperback in a housing unit let alone anything "electronic".

If your institution is seriously suggesting pulling the internet your Union Officials will have a say. That was a Union issue when it was resisted on installing the internet on workstations but that will be up to your local Union representation.

Comment

It was how it came across. Having intermittent internet activity is one thing but watching movie length CD's, I mean really, although with some of the work ethic I see on some rookies coming in that does not surprise me. That wouldn't have made it a few short years ago. I am old enough when there were no computers in the units. So I come from an age where if you got caught in a tower with a commercial radio you got reamed out if you were lucky let alone if you even got caught reading a paperback in a housing unit let alone anything "electronic".

If your institution is seriously suggesting pulling the internet your Union Officials will have a say. That was a Union issue when it was resisted on installing the internet on workstations but that will be up to your local Union representation.

I respect that. I'm a rookie so I'm just trying to make it thru w/o major issues. I don't want to rock the boat w/ things like the internet. At my other dept it was ok to watch things in certain time frames but we could not binge watch like others may do. Like you said Shooter when you come in you will learn that things go by the BOP way and that is verrrrrry true!! If the Sr officers want to go thru the union about the internet I'll let them do that. My focus right now is on learning policy and all that good stuff.

OAN: That Background that they did on me was very thorough compared to other agencies. The investigator actually walked thru my neighborhood and spoke to people. All of the ref's that I listed had to met the investigator in person and the investigator would ask my reference for a mutual friend and interview them just to see where that would go. I assume that is done to circumvent possible pre-packaged and rehearsed character references. With CDCR they just send postcards in the mail and ask the people to fill it out. No verification or anything that I know of. But hey I'm glad I made it and I hope to be a BOP vet like you down the road. I would say that I did not mean to split hairs w/ you on the internet thing but I would be lying. I can hammer away at a point at times but cant we all LOL! I'll post again on here in a few weeks or so! good luck to everybody that is still in the process!
                      Last edited by qwertyuiop123; 09-04-2014, 02:18 AM.

Comment

I respect that. I'm a rookie so I'm just trying to make it thru w/o major issues. I don't want to rock the boat w/ things like the internet. At my other dept it was ok to watch things in certain time frames but we could not binge watch like others may do. Like you said Shooter when you come in you will learn that things go by the BOP way and that is verrrrrry true!! If the Sr officers want to go thru the union about the internet I'll let them do that. My focus right now is on learning policy and all that good stuff.

OAN: That Background that they did on me was very thorough compared to other agencies. The investigator actually walked thru my neighborhood and spoke to people. All of the ref's that I listed had to met the investigator in person and the investigator would ask my reference for a mutual friend and interview them just to see where that would go. I assume that is done to circumvent possible pre-packaged and rehearsed character references. With CDCR they just send postcards in the mail and ask the people to fill it out. No verification or anything that I know of. But hey I'm glad I made it and I hope to be a BOP vet like you down the road. I would say that I did not mean to split hairs w/ you on the internet thing but I would be lying. I can hammer away at a point at times but cant we all LOL! I'll post again on here in a few weeks or so! good luck to everybody that is still in the process!
                        The background for BOP is the same one for most DOJ LE agencies, Marshals, DEA etc. As far as splitting hairs I aint hating, but splitting hairs on things is what gets staff in the funny papers in BOP, also your point you want to hammer could be right but all the hammering away won't make it chosen over another more difficult or stupid way!

Good Luck

Comment

All of the ref's that I listed had to met the investigator in person and the investigator would ask my reference for a mutual friend and interview them just to see where that would go.
                          That is "normal" or at least NOT unusual in Law Enforcement backgrounds.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• I've been working P/M an E/W quite a bit,I've found very little free time hell, I have to write my times down because I barley have enough time to keep my log up.

Comment

• Friend just received his of5 for fcc Coleman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
                                Friend just received his of5 for fcc Coleman.
                                hoe long did it take your friend to hear from them the first time? I am still waiting to hear from Coleman myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3015 users online. 217 members and 2798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X