300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
    Well, I guess these are juicy news, today I received an email stating my EOD was moved from September 8 to September 22. Is that juicy or what? I had already resigned and bought plane tickets. So, myself and 7 others will have to wait an extra 2 weeks to EOD. What a way to start Labor Day Weekend.
    hey your still moving along, I am still waiting to receive some news bout anything since I applied...good luck..

Comment

Well, I guess these are juicy news, today I received an email stating my EOD was moved from September 8 to September 22. Is that juicy or what? I had already resigned and bought plane tickets. So, myself and 7 others will have to wait an extra 2 weeks to EOD. What a way to start Labor Day Weekend.
      So scandalous! In all seriousness I was looking at your EOD kinda weird cuz it didn't makse sense. A class entered early August, so the next class /had/ to be late September in order to follow Glynco schedule. We both EOD on the same date in that case (at different institutions). Hi5 mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
        That sucks. Im renting a one bedroom for 960 a month. One of my paychecks per month goes to rent and utilities but my brother lives in hte area so we might move in together. Where I am from originally I could be paying a mortgage on a house in a decent neighborhood for 960 a month.
        HAHA! Just got my rent brought down to 925 a month. You pay $35 more than me!
        But damn...if one entire check is going towards rent and bills, then I need to start watching my expenditures cuz I'm in the same shoes as you.

Comment

Hope the new income gap doesn't squeeze ya too hard. At least you are in. I am still waiting for word on my age waiver. They didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry, as they want 17 to hire at one time. Enjoy the holiday weekend off! You won't likley see that again for awhile!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiseDuck View Post
            dod299, if you hear from any of the 5 or 6 guys who get theirs, please let me know.

I was thinking about a roommate but I don't know anyone whos starting at my institution so i got a thousand dollar rent to pay myself. Are you enjoying your days of freedom away from the wife? lol
            We'll do, my roommate and I met during interview, we started swapping sea stories from our military days an we kinda hit it off from there, yea I'm definitely enjoying my alone time. I've heard two different rumors about Glynco BOP is activating two joints one in Yazoo city MS and I forgot the other so they have pref to get their ppl trained up, then I heard they are catching up so who knows.

Comment

That is nothing, I (along with a couple others) was hired in October of one year with a start date of November, 3 days later BOP callled and said "Your still hired but we have to bring these folks from El Paso for the Spanish immersion program" I had no new start date and was finally brought on 6 months later in April. That was over 15 years ago and they wisely did away with that program since they all transferred back home at the year mark anyway.

Originally posted by WiseDuck View Post
              So scandalous! In all seriousness I was looking at your EOD kinda weird cuz it didn't makse sense. A class entered early August, so the next class /had/ to be late September in order to follow Glynco schedule. We both EOD on the same date in that case (at different institutions). Hi5 mate!
              There is IF starting somewhere at any given institution every 2 weeks. IF has to start at 2 week intervals because they have to start at the beginning of a pay period which is 2 weeks. With few exceptions (GOV shut down was one) Glynco starts a BOP class every week, and graduates a BOP class every week. Institutions have nothing to do with Glynco other than sending a list of names to them for classes. Glynco follows the institutions needs by fitting all the hired staff through the Intro to Corrections class and any other specialty training (Firearms Instructor, Bus Operations Training etc etc etc). Glynco usually starts 2 BOP basic classes at a time so you could hire in at the same EOD and either have different Glynco dates or you could go to Glynco at the same time/dates and be in 2 separate classes however usually unless your at an FCC with 15 folks they keep same institutions in the same class but there are times when that just don't happen.
              Last edited by in625shooter; 08-29-2014, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• They just pulled a cert list for Beaumont yesterday...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
                  They just pulled a cert list for Beaumont yesterday...
                  Seems like Beaumont is really hiring!

Comment

Seems like Beaumont is really hiring!
                    Well for one it is a FCC with 3 institutions so it will always be hiring and two, Beaumont came on line in 1994 which a large number of staff that hired in at age 30 or older are eligible and probably retiring there in a little larger numbers than the average.

Any FCC is going to hire a lot more, and more frequently than most any other stand alone institution. Just give it time if you applied for an FCC

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                      Well for one it is a FCC with 3 institutions so it will always be hiring and two, Beaumont came on line in 1994 which a large number of staff that hired in at age 30 or older are eligible and probably retiring there in a little larger numbers than the average.

Any FCC is going to hire a lot more, and more frequently than most any other stand alone institution. Just give it time if you applied for an FCC
                      already got my EOD broman. I was just saying, cuz I haven't heard of other FCCs hiring so much. The 1994 point makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

never thought about the 1994 reference...nice..now i have a better chance of being called for an interview

Comment

already got my EOD broman. I was just saying, cuz I haven't heard of other FCCs hiring so much. The 1994 point makes sense.
                          All FCC's are hiring, some might be on a slow down for a few months but will be hiring more. Others consistently hire large numbers starting an IF class every 2-3 pay periods (4-6 weeks)

Just some folks think they are not hiring or it's taking to long because it isn't happening fast enough for them.

Out of all the agencies the hiring process for BOP goes relatively quick once they start. The difference is BOP is one of the few that allow or have an open continuous announcement. Others take applications for a certain period then everyone goes through the process and thats the list they hire off of for some time.

A friend left BOP for the US Marshals and he tested in 2001 and didn't get his job offer with the Marshals until 2007 so I sort of laugh when folks trying for BOP complain after they come back referred and haven't gotten an interview in a month.

Comment

• Anybody in the hiring process for Ft Dix?

Comment

• received this morning in email USP Thompson in Illinois

Good Morning,

You are receiving this message as notification that the Federal Bureau of Prisons is actively recruiting and staffing our newest institution in Thomson, Illinois. We anticipate hiring over 100 correctional officer positions right away.

Should you be interested in this job opportunity, please ensure you update your Correctional Officer application to reflect Thomson, Illinois as your location preference. Please make sure you do this within the next few days!

Also, if you are near the facility, we will be hosting a job fair at the AUSP Thomson facility on September 16th, 17th, and 18th. Please feel free to join us and receive additional information regarding job opportunities with the Bureau of Prisons at AUSP Thomson, Illinois.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
                                received this morning in email USP Thompson in Illinois

Good Morning,

You are receiving this message as notification that the Federal Bureau of Prisons is actively recruiting and staffing our newest institution in Thomson, Illinois. We anticipate hiring over 100 correctional officer positions right away.

Should you be interested in this job opportunity, please ensure you update your Correctional Officer application to reflect Thomson, Illinois as your location preference. Please make sure you do this within the next few days!

Also, if you are near the facility, we will be hosting a job fair at the AUSP Thomson facility on September 16th, 17th, and 18th. Please feel free to join us and receive additional information regarding job opportunities with the Bureau of Prisons at AUSP Thomson, Illinois.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
                                BOP is hiring around 300 staff members right now. there are all kinds of announcements on staff selections on salllyport right now of BOP staff that has been promoted and moving there. This is for staff already in BOP for a paid move/transfer/some promotions. The bulk of the jobs (the ones for folks trying to get hired) will come later along with the other current staff that are trying to transfer there. When BOP activates an institution they hire in stages. Thomson was unique in it was already built. BOP has had some staff assigned there just starting to get the place tweaked (lockshop staff, facilities etc) Several staff were TDY there from Pekin, Leavenworth and other places as well the last couple years.

They will also have about 200 camp inmates to work as well.

The planned time frame of having Thomson open is the end of 2015 with about 1700 staff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14654 users online. 417 members and 14237 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X