300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Lucas, Why would you want to? I'm guessing you're on as a 5 and want to get on as a 6? You're going to get 6 once you're off probation anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas View Post
        Does any one know the process if you are still on probation but another institution is willing to hire you at a higher Grade? I am considering but I don't see the point really..
        Generally you have to wait until yo have your year in unless there is a specific hardship request. It use to be a simple Warden to Warden phone call and you putting in a memo but that changed about 5 years ago. The way they do it now is they now post everything through USA jobs. An announcement is posted for say FCI anywhere for a GL 6 CO or GL 7 Senior Officer, the eligibility part will state "BOP Reassignment eligible" etc. That is how you apply for a lateral now. On a lateral YOU are responsible for all of your move.

I would suggest you start asking your CAPT. AW and Warden if that is your true intent. They will more than likely help you, know folks at that institution and will call them for you and vouch you out for them (which is how assignments/moves work in BOP. Often times the other joint won't post a spot for GL 6 or &7's "reassignment eligible" unless they know of folks that are interested. If you look at those announcements they are generally only a week or a little longer compared to most others which are open longer.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
          Day 1 of IF down,9 more to go...FCC Pollock.

My IF class has a ton of folks from FL....they all have been trying to get into FL joints for like 2 yrs...
          enjoy it. I am on my 3rd day of working out of IF. IF is a real challenge.... 8 hours of powerpoints...

Comment

• Originally posted by WiseDuck View Post
            Lucas, Why would you want to? I'm guessing you're on as a 5 and want to get on as a 6? You're going to get 6 once you're off probation anyways.
            That is the obvious reason why I didn't see a reason to do it, except to get to GL 7 faster. Some guys told me to do it and some told me not to. I decided to stay but I was just curious. Someone said that you would have to go through the process as if you are being hired, again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
              enjoy it. I am on my 3rd day of working out of IF. IF is a real challenge.... 8 hours of powerpoints...
              Oh don't worry they will get work out of you later. As mundane as IF is sit back and enjoy it because as an Officer you most likely will not get a lunch break where you can sit down for a very long time.

Originally posted by Lucas View Post
              That is the obvious reason why I didn't see a reason to do it, except to get to GL 7 faster. Some guys told me to do it and some told me not to. I decided to stay but I was just curious. Someone said that you would have to go through the process as if you are being hired, again.
              It won't get you a GL 7 any faster. The process to lateral is not as detailed as getting hired the first time. You apply but you are what the called "excepted service" and as such you will automatically BQ for every grade up to what you are so no need for the whole KSA questions. Then the gaining institution will call and vouch you out. Depending on the amount of positions the new place has and amount of other folks that want a lateral you should get it, If thats what you want.

Comment

• The best part of waking up, is knowing I EOD in a month!

Comment

• Well...Got my EOD, September 08, MDC Guaynabo PR. Woo Hoo!

Comment

• Congrats WiseDuck and BoricuaLEO, they now call "IF" (ICT) don't ask me what it stands for...I'm digging the fact I don't have to buy boots outa my clothing allowance, we get boot vouchers.

Comment

Congrats WiseDuck and BoricuaLEO, they now call "IF" (ICT) don't ask me what it stands for...I'm digging the fact I don't have to buy boots outa my clothing allowance, we get boot vouchers.
                      The institution is actually still IF (Institution Familiarization). ICT is the course for BOP at Glynco. ICT stands for Introduction to Correctional Techniques.

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                        The institution is actually still IF (Institution Familiarization). ICT is the course for BOP at Glynco. ICT stands for Introduction to Correctional Techniques.
                        our training manual now says ICT I and when we go to Glynco we have to complete ICT II

Comment

our training manual now says ICT I and when we go to Glynco we have to complete ICT II
                          Not to split hairs here but, They also say ICT 1 on the Glynco link through Sallyport that the IF instructors use for the IF topic (unless they are using the same in CD form). IF is still IF and Glynco is ICT (the real ICT).

Comment

• Timeline

Just in case, it helps others,

Here is my BOP Timeline:

MDC Guaynabo PR

Applied 05/06/2014
                            Referred 05/16/2014
                            OF-5 sent 0611/2014
                            Interview 07/02/2014
                            Conditional Offer 07/16/2014
                            E-Qip 07/16/2014
                            Physical/UA 07/22/2014
                            Fingerprints 07/23/2014
                            USA Jobs Status Changed to "Hired" 08/01/2014
                            Age Waiver Approved 08/08/2014
                            EOD Letter 08/15/2014
                            EOD 09/08/2014

Comment

• I couldn't remember my timeline =p

Pretty close to BoricuaLEOs though.

Comment

• Let me share my experience
                                Last edited by angel19pr; 08-19-2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7054 users online. 369 members and 6685 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X