300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
    KJB is right about the forum design being a pain so I will go ahead and answer your questions dude.

We haven't had any new CO's start in about a month (that I've noticed) but I figure they will start soon because a lot of guys are retiring right now. When they do run IF classes they generally do them back to back to back and hire about 5+ per class. As far as your chances, I don't know. Did you BQ? Do you have experience?
    I looked back at my BOP application submittal and it says I'm highly qualified, I'm guessing thats good? I'm just still unsure whether I want to keep Coleman as my top choice or just switch my number 1 choice back to Brooklyn NY and my second choice to the Manhattan facility. It doesnt seem that Brooklyn or the Manhattan facilities hire much, unless I'm wrong and misinformed.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
      I looked back at my BOP application submittal and it says I'm highly qualified, I'm guessing thats good? I'm just still unsure whether I want to keep Coleman as my top choice or just switch my number 1 choice back to Brooklyn NY and my second choice to the Manhattan facility. It doesnt seem that Brooklyn or the Manhattan facilities hire much, unless I'm wrong and misinformed.
      Highly Qualified WILL NOT get you referred for an interview. You have to be rated Best Qualified (BQ'd) to get referred for an interview. BQ does not guarantee an interview but you have to be BQ'd to get on the list that HR picks for an interview if you follow me.

You need to go back into your resume and teak it (don't lie but articulate to get the most of your experience)

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
        Highly Qualified WILL NOT get you referred for an interview. You have to be rated Best Qualified (BQ'd) to get referred for an interview. BQ does not guarantee an interview but you have to be BQ'd to get on the list that HR picks for an interview if you follow me.

You need to go back into your resume and teak it (don't lie but articulate to get the most of your experience)
        mines says best qualified so hoping for the best!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
          mines says best qualified so hoping for the best!!!
          Good luck to you
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
            As Shooter said you have to get "Best Qualified" (BQ) to be considered for an interview. Go back and make some changes to your application. As far as changing your choice from Coleman to Brooklyn or NY- that's up to you. Think of where you want to live in the long run because transfers are not guaranteed. If you want to stay in NY then apply to the facilities in NY and play the waiting game while exploring other career opportunities outside the BOP. If you just want to get on with the BOP and location doesn't matter to you then I'd consider these places in addition to Coleman.

FCI Berlin, NH
            FCI Mendota, CA
            Any USP in CA
            FCC Pollock, LA
            FCC Yazoo, MS
            FCC Beaumont, TX

Comment

• would it be better to remain on the list for an institution you interviewed for but wasnt selected or change to a different location and hope for better luck?

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                And the background is normally not finished until you start work. Some have taken up to when the person is coming off probation. Usually if they have lived or worked a lot of places it might take longer due to there are more folks OPM needs to see. Nothing big just part of it.
                How do you know if the background investigation is finished or not? Shortly after I met with my investigator it seems like all my neighbors/co-workers and references were calling me up and telling me that they talked to him. That was a few months ago. I keep in contact with everyone and no one has said that they were contacted by an investigator recently. Im assuming my background investigation is done. FYI this was around 4 months ago and my EOD date is next monday (july 28th)

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                  How do you know if the background investigation is finished or not? Shortly after I met with my investigator it seems like all my neighbors/co-workers and references were calling me up and telling me that they talked to him. That was a few months ago. I keep in contact with everyone and no one has said that they were contacted by an investigator recently. Im assuming my background investigation is done. FYI this was around 4 months ago and my EOD date is next monday (july 28th)
                  Your background is not complete until you get notification from your HR office. Your initial background will not clear until you have around 6 months in BOP. 6 Months is the average. I have seen it complete as fast as 3 months and take as long as 13 ish months. You will get a notice from HR via e mail telling you it is complete. Just because they talked to your listed reference etc does not mean they are done. They usually try to get a name from your contacts that you both know and then ask them, that way the 3rd person does not know/ have a rehearsed answer. Trust me on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rav85 View Post
                    would it be better to remain on the list for an institution you interviewed for but wasnt selected or change to a different location and hope for better luck?
                    how did the interview go?

Comment

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
                      how did the interview go?
                      i felt good leaving the interview but its highly competitive on the east coast. Been considering switching to one of those institutions that keep on emailing me to switch.

Comment

• Well, Physical and Urinalysis done. E-QIP sent. I have completed everything. Besides the "age waiver", just waiting for EOD.

Comment

• New question Gents:

Pollock or Beaumont. Can anyone please elaborate about the pros and cons of both? Within reason- I don't want anyone getting in trouble for what they write here.

Comment

• I'm heading to FCC (USP) Pollock, I've heard it's a good joint to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiseDuck View Post
                              New question Gents:

Pollock or Beaumont. Can anyone please elaborate about the pros and cons of both? Within reason- I don't want anyone getting in trouble for what they write here.
                              Beaumont is larger and closer to Houston............

Comment

• I like that about Beaumont. It seemed to me on the google maps that Pollock was in the middle of nowhere. Not to trash talk the joint. I'm sure its a great place to work, but I agree with you HapkidoKa, Beaumont's location is pretty dang nice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7695 users online. 167 members and 7528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X