300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
    I know someone said Coleman has been talked about in depth on this forum, but does this facility hire a lot? Do I have a good chance at hearing anything from them soon? I would go back and try to find the stuff on Coleman, but going through 40 something pages is a bit nerve racking.
    KJB is right about the forum design being a pain so I will go ahead and answer your questions dude.

We haven't had any new CO's start in about a month (that I've noticed) but I figure they will start soon because a lot of guys are retiring right now. When they do run IF classes they generally do them back to back to back and hire about 5+ per class. As far as your chances, I don't know. Did you BQ? Do you have experience?
    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
    Me: you really want an answer to that
    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• I would love to get my LT at Coleman or Florence. I just got referred for LT at Florence but I am not holding my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJB View Post
        I would love to get my LT at Coleman or Florence. I just got referred for LT at Florence but I am not holding my breath.
        Good luck to you! I'm sure something will come through for you!

Comment

• They actually have a bunch of new boots starting next week so I guess the hiring has begun again.

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
            KJB is right about the forum design being a pain so I will go ahead and answer your questions dude.

We haven't had any new CO's start in about a month (that I've noticed) but I figure they will start soon because a lot of guys are retiring right now. When they do run IF classes they generally do them back to back to back and hire about 5+ per class. As far as your chances, I don't know. Did you BQ? Do you have experience?
            The only experience I have is being a volunteer auxiliary peace officer with the NYPD and having my security license. I dont know what BQ is, so I guess thats a no.

Comment

The only experience I have is being a volunteer auxiliary peace officer with the NYPD and having my security license. I dont know what BQ is, so I guess thats a no.
              BQ = Best Qualified
              My advice I wouldn't limit myself to one joint take me for example, I applied to FDC Seatac and FCC Victorville.And,Victorville always needs folks and yet where did I get picked up FCC Pollock.So i'd keep that in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                BQ = Best Qualified
                My advice I wouldn't limit myself to one joint take me for example, I applied to FDC Seatac and FCC Victorville.And,Victorville always needs folks and yet where did I get picked up FCC Pollock.So i'd keep that in mind.
                When I originally applied, I put the Manhattan detention center and Chicago and didn't hear anything for months. I just recently changed it to Coleman hoping maybe to hear something soon since its a big facility. And I never saw my rating when I looked at my profile if I was Best qualified or not.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the firm offer. About how long before your EOD did you receive the firm offer letter? I received my EOD through phone from HR but haven't received any letter yet.

Thanks,

Shane
                  Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

When I originally applied, I put the Manhattan detention center and Chicago and didn't hear anything for months. I just recently changed it to Coleman hoping maybe to hear something soon since its a big facility. And I never saw my rating when I looked at my profile if I was Best qualified or not.
                    Go to your profile on uSAjobs and click on APPLICATION STATUS, then all the jobs you put in for will come up. All the way on the right upper hand will be a box that says STATUS. That should say (something like) either "reviewing applications" or You have answered all the questions, or Applied or Referred. you can also click on the box and it will tell you if you are . You will not get referred for an interview unless you BQ. Also just because you get BQ and are referred DOES NOT guarantee you will get an interview. If they have 20 folks and are hiring 3 they will only interview 9 (3 for 1 usually) so stay on top of it or you could slip through.

Originally posted by Simply Shane View Post
                    Hey everyone,

Just a quick question regarding the firm offer. About how long before your EOD did you receive the firm offer letter? I received my EOD through phone from HR but haven't received any letter yet.

Thanks,

Shane
                    There is not a set in stone time. It will always vary on things falling into place. You will hear of a fast on in a couple weeks and others might take 3-4 months. I would say if you averaged it somewhere in the 2 month mark (IF you have everything done and like stated you have your hard copy) But that could change. I hired in with 2 other Officers at a stand alone USP back in the day and we had our hard copy and start date of NOV. Then 3 days later HR called me and said "Your guys are still hired but we have to bring these 5 Spanish speaking new hires in from El Paso as part of our Spanish immersion program". Yeah the other ones and me finally started in April. That was 15 years ago and they no longer do that program. Not trying to scare you but sometimes things can get south for a but but in fairness my case was a rarity.

Good luck

Comment

When you see e-mails like this jump on them
                      Please be advised, this is notice that FCC Pollock is actively hiring for Correctional Officers. If you are interested in working at FCC Pollock, Pollock, Louisiana, please edit your application and place Pollock as your first choice of institutions that you would like to work at.

he Federal Correctional Institution, Mendota, California is actively looking to fill Correctional Officer vacancies at grade 6.

A RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE UP TO 17% MAY BE OFFERED TO SELECTEE'S WHO MEET THE QUALIFYING CRITERIA. UPON COMPLETION OF THE RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE SERVICE AGREEMENT, A 14% RETENTION INCENTIVE WILL BE INITIATED.

If you are interested and would like to apply, please return to USAJOBS.GOV/Correctional Offer - nationwide vacancy announcement and make FCI Mendota, California your number 1 choice for location. I will be requesting names on June 27, 2014. Please make your selection before that date.
                      Last edited by dod299; 07-15-2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Got the email today. Conditional Offer, E-Qip forms and Physical/Drug Test on Tuesday, July 22. Moving along!

Comment

• USA JOB Status shows Hired......Stoked!!!!!!

Comment

• how long was the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by dod299 View Post
                              USA JOB Status shows Hired......Stoked!!!!!!
                              Congrats! What was your timeline? What location?

Comment

• FCC POLLOCK
                                TIMELINE Bop
                                20 MAR 14 Applied FCC VIctortville / FDC SeaTac
                                1 APR 14 E-Mail request to change GEO Pref to FCC Pollock
                                1 MAY 14 OF-5
                                7 MAY 14 Schduled Interview
                                10 JUN 14 Interview/UA/Phyiscal - Conditional offer
                                01 JULY 14 SF-85P Complete/ Firm offer
                                16 JULY 14 BONAFIED OFFER VIA PHONE AND FINAL PACKET.
                                10 AUG 14 EOD.
                                Last edited by dod299; 07-18-2014, 01:32 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4555 users online. 251 members and 4304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X