Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see I'm not the only one waiting on brooklyn. I received an email last night stating eligible, referred to hiring official....yada yada yada.

Does this mean there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel? I've been applying with BOP since 07. This is the first time I ever received an email like that from them.

Is there anything I need to do or do I wait on them? Should I contact HR in BK and speak to them?

Comment

• Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post
      I see I'm not the only one waiting on brooklyn. I received an email last night stating eligible, referred to hiring official....yada yada yada.

Does this mean there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel? I've been applying with BOP since 07. This is the first time I ever received an email like that from them.

Is there anything I need to do or do I wait on them? Should I contact HR in BK and speak to them?
      Hey I was told they contact you. Man I know you are happy that you got an email. When I applied I got nothing all I was told is october is when we are pullling a hiring certificate and if you are on that list we will contact you for interview. It would be nice if nyc or otisville(unsure if oti is hiring) contact me. If they don't then ill definitely switch to brooklyn. Did you apply at the time when they gave nor to everyone for their app? Any idea on when the budget info usually gets released?

Best of luck to you man
      BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

I see I'm not the only one waiting on brooklyn. I received an email last night stating eligible, referred to hiring official....yada yada yada.

Wait on them, they will contact you.

Sorry to hear you had to wait so long, I guess it was all dependent on which institution you applied to work.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

Sorry to hear you had to wait so long, I guess it was all dependent on which institution you applied to work.
          hey kansan, how is the BPA academy going?
          BPA( California)

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
            Hey I was told they contact you. Man I know you are happy that you got an email. When I applied I got nothing all I was told is october is when we are pullling a hiring certificate and if you are on that list we will contact you for interview. It would be nice if nyc or otisville(unsure if oti is hiring) contact me. If they don't then ill definitely switch to brooklyn. Did you apply at the time when they gave nor to everyone for their app? Any idea on when the budget info usually gets released?

Best of luck to you man

Yea I applied when everyone got a NOR. Happy is an understatement....now to wait and see if I get selected for an interview. No idea on the budget. Would be nice to get called by Brooklyn, I miss my hometown.

Comment

• and the wait continues...

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

A buddy of mine who used to work at Coleman told me the same thing. Just sit back and wait on them to contact you. Not sure if it was institution dependent though, I selected Coleman as well. From what I understand, they're always in need of bodies...go figure. Guess it just wasn't my time. Either way, I'm happy to see some kind of movement.

Comment

• Well I went against the advice of my buddy and emailed Brooklyn MDC last week. I actually got a response today. HR had some questions for me....maybe reaching out to them isn't such a bad idea. Maybe I'll get a quicker reply, now that the lines of communication are opened.

Comment

• hey, what did you say to them? does it look like anything will happen?
                  BPA( California)

Comment

hey, what did you say to them? does it look like anything will happen?
                    I asked them if they have any current or future vacancies & informed them about my app getting forwarded. Of course I worded it much better than that, and made sure to thank them for their time. In their reply, HR requested the announcement # I applied under and some personal bio info. I assume the # was to verify if that's what they're using to create "the list" and the info is to look up my application. I sent that in this morning...guess I'll wait and see if anything more comes of it. They didn't say they needed my info to call me in for an interview, but they didn't say they weren't doing that either...

Comment

I asked them if they have any current or future vacancies & informed them about my app getting forwarded. Of course I worded it much better than that, and made sure to thank them for their time. In their reply, HR requested the announcement # I applied under and some personal bio info. I assume the # was to verify if that's what they're using to create "the list" and the info is to look up my application. I sent that in this morning...guess I'll wait and see if anything more comes of it. They didn't say they needed my info to call me in for an interview, but they didn't say they weren't doing that either...

i think you definitely got a chance because you were forwarded. yea communication helps big time.im still waiting for nyc..lets see if i got a chance
                      BPA( California)

Comment

A buddy of mine who used to work at Coleman told me the same thing. Just sit back and wait on them to contact you. Not sure if it was institution dependent though, I selected Coleman as well. From what I understand, they're always in need of bodies...go figure. Guess it just wasn't my time. Either way, I'm happy to see some kind of movement.
                        I first wanted to work at either an IL joint or Terra H (can't spell it) and sat out the lists for a couple of years. Then I decided to move to FL- listed Coleman as my first choice and they called me at the end of the week. A month later Chicago hired 7. It's all luck of the draw. Pick the joint you want to work at and just keep your name active with them. Transfers are not always promised.
                        Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                        Me: you really want an answer to that
                        Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                          I first wanted to work at either an IL joint or Terra H (can't spell it) and sat out the lists for a couple of years. Then I decided to move to FL- listed Coleman as my first choice and they called me at the end of the week. A month later Chicago hired 7. It's all luck of the draw. Pick the joint you want to work at and just keep your name active with them. Transfers are not always promised.
                          You say it is luck of the draw, would you say this also applies to other federal law enforcement agencies as well? i always wondered why it took so many people many years to get into some fed agencies while having top notch scores and experience,i do know it all depends on budget and how much man power and etc but i begin to think that there is also a luck of the draw element for those fed law enforcement agencies also. How are you liking the BOP as a CO? any advice you would give besides the typical do not be a hard ***, and respect everyone? i applied for nyc and i hope i get called.
                          Last edited by dghai62; 10-13-2011, 08:55 PM.
                          BPA( California)

Comment

• just checked the USAJOBS announcement for BOP and shows that there is "many vacancies" for a lot of facilities, lets see how hiring goes..hopefully something comes through.
                            BPA( California)

Comment

You say it is luck of the draw, would you say this also applies to other federal law enforcement agencies as well? i always wondered why it took so many people many years to get into some fed agencies while having top notch scores and experience,i do know it all depends on budget and how much man power and etc but i begin to think that there is also a luck of the draw element for those fed law enforcement agencies also. How are you liking the BOP as a CO? any advice you would give besides the typical do not be a hard ***, and respect everyone? i applied for nyc and i hope i get called.
                              Honestly I would never tell anyone not to be a hard *** if that is who they naturally are. I also encourage all new staff to go as hard as possible. I went real hard when I started with the BOP but you have to do that. The inmates know this and they also know that if they aren't idiots you will ease up on them. When they see you come in on the new they are going to expect you to go hard and if you don't they will take you for a duck. If you are coming in fresh off the streets with no Corrections experience I am not going to answer your other questions because you have to decide how you like the BOP for yourself, my answer might jade your thoughts.
                              Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                              Me: you really want an answer to that
                              Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• [QUOTE=HapkidoKa;2902111]Honestly I would never tell anyone not to be a hard *** if that is who they naturally are. I also encourage all new staff to go as hard as possible. I went real hard when I started with the BOP but you have to do that. The inmates know this and they also know that if they aren't idiots you will ease up on them. When they see you come in on the new they are going to expect you to go hard and if you don't they will take you for a duck. If you are coming in fresh off the streets with no Corrections experience I am not going to answer your other questions because you have to decide how you like the BOP for yourself, my answer might jade your thoughts.[/QUOTE

thanks for the insight ... i guess ill figure out how it goes if im on the certificate and am able to past through the process.
                                BPA( California)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4683 users online. 314 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X