300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wn8 View Post
    i just recently changed my number 1 selection to coleman. anybody know anything about this institution?
    I changed mine to Coleman last night as well, wasnt getting any hits for the Chicago or NYC MCC.

Comment

i just recently changed my number 1 selection to coleman. anybody know anything about this institution?
      It is in Central Florida and is the biggest Complex in the BOP. It is close to Orlando, Walt Disney World, Tampa Bay, Kennedy Space Center, etc. Summer in the area is near daily thunderstorms about 3pm.

Originally posted by conzept View Post
      I'm currently waiting for a notification from Coleman as well, it's been a couple of months and no word!
      (352) 689-5000 Call them and talk to someone in HR.
      Last edited by KJB; 07-07-2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• how does this process goes? does the institution itself you picked contact you and starts the ball rolling..how does it work? any insights helps...

Comment

how does this process goes? does the institution itself you picked contact you and starts the ball rolling..how does it work? any insights helps...
          All of those questions have already been answered in this thread. Coleman has also been discussed in full detail. Feel free to ask anything that hasn't already been discussed.
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

• Originally posted by KJB View Post
            It is in Central Florida and is the biggest Complex in the BOP. It is close to Orlando, Walt Disney World, Tampa Bay, Kennedy Space Center, etc. Summer in the area is near daily thunderstorms about 3pm.

(352) 689-5000 Call them and talk to someone in HR.
            Thank you for the info, I will call later today! @KJB

Comment

• Hey, CONGRATS! If you have time, can you please PM me. I have a question for you since you already did FLETC.

Comment

• 'm currently waiting for my firm offer. I have a couple of questions if y'all don't mind answering.

First- when you get your firm offer, do they provide info about benefits such as insurance plans available, and pension options along with the firm offer, or is that all provided during F.I and orientation? I don't wanna ask HR because I don't want to flood their email boxes with questions when I'm sure they get tons of emails on a daily basis. .

Second- How was the PAT test at FLETC. Did you see people fail? I'm a pretty big dude, and I'm working on getting better at PT. My run time is a few seconds off, and my stairs time is a few seconds off too. By few, I mean 5-10 seconds. I'm really worried because my possible EOD date is early to mid august.

Third- My background hasn't been finished yet. Did yours finish before you got hired on, or do they continue to investigate you while you have the job. I have nothing to hide, but I'm just curious if you have to wait until its complete or not to be hired.

Any assistance you can provide would be AWESOME.
                Thanks in advance guys.
                Last edited by CrimProfiler; 07-18-2014, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimProfiler View Post
                  I'm currently waiting for my firm offer. I have a couple of questions if y'all don't mind answering.

First- when you get your firm offer, do they provide info about benefits such as insurance plans available, and pension options along with the firm offer, or is that all provided during F.I and orientation? I don't wanna ask HR because I don't want to flood their email boxes with questions when I'm sure they get tons of emails on a daily basis. .

Second- How was the PAT test at FLETC. Did you see people fail? I'm a pretty big dude, and I'm working on getting better at PT. My run time is a few seconds off, and my stairs time is a few seconds off too. By few, I mean 5-10 seconds. I'm really worried because my possible EOD date is early to mid august.

Third- My background hasn't been finished yet. Did yours finish before you got hired on, or do they continue to investigate you while you have the job. I have nothing to hide, but I'm just curious if you have to wait until its complete or not to be hired.

Any assistance you can provide would be AWESOME.
                  Thanks in advance guys.

They could explain the benefits but "usually" you have to ask up front. They will cover them more in depth when you are in IF. In fact that is most of the first day is you will be overwhelmed with paperwork and choices on the various health insurance choices

As far as the PAT you use to just do a series of elementary things the first couple days at Glynco. Nothing hard. I never saw anyone fail in mine (about 15 years ago) but there was an older Dr from my joint that supposedly didn't make it. Didn't see it myself though.

And the background is normally not finished until you start work. Some have taken up to when the person is coming off probation. Usually if they have lived or worked a lot of places it might take longer due to there are more folks OPM needs to see. Nothing big just part of it.

Good luck

Comment

• Hey, thanks a bunch man.

I heard the PAT is based off of a Z score now, which allows the individual to be a little slower in one event and make up for it by being faster in another. I'm confident I can make it, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen anyone actually fail and what the margin was that they failed by.

This job and opportunity means a lot to me.

Comment

• If you go to BOP.gov and look under the resources then policies for 3906.19 it covers all that stuff. Honestly if you can do the ladder climb in under 2 seconds you should be able to pass even if you try to fail everything else...

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimProfiler View Post
                        Hey, thanks a bunch man.

I heard the PAT is based off of a Z score now, which allows the individual to be a little slower in one event and make up for it by being faster in another. I'm confident I can make it, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen anyone actually fail and what the margin was that they failed by.

This job and opportunity means a lot to me.
                        Yes I have seen someone fail.

If you tell me your workout routine I may be able to give you some pointers and help you get into better shape.

Comment

• I know someone said Coleman has been talked about in depth on this forum, but does this facility hire a lot? Do I have a good chance at hearing anything from them soon? I would go back and try to find the stuff on Coleman, but going through 40 something pages is a bit nerve racking.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                            I know someone said Coleman has been talked about in depth on this forum, but does this facility hire a lot? I would go back and try to find the stuff on Coleman, but going through 40 something pages is a bit nerve racking.
                            Now I absolutely refuse to answer any of your questions!

Comment

• Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                              Now I absolutely refuse to answer any of your questions!
                              In all fairness this new forum design is nerve wracking enough just by looking at it... They do have a search function.

Is there any truth to the rumor I have heard about there being so much OT that even the LT's are getting mandoed all the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by KJB View Post
                                In all fairness this new forum design is nerve wracking enough just by looking at it... They do have a search function.

Is there any truth to the rumor I have heard about there being so much OT that even the LT's are getting mandoed all the time?
                                A few years back that was true but the complex is pretty well staffed now (not full staffed but better than some joints). We have a ton of LT's now with more coming in so it's not uncommon to have an extra LT on shift now a days. Mandates still happen from time to time but it's normally because of bang in's or someone not filling the roster.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6111 users online. 302 members and 5809 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X