Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
    NEGATIVE!!! I'm not name dropping. Since your so good at doing the Lords works why dont you find out yourself. Until then stop acting like you know every policy at every jail/prison. Some places allow net surfing but block youtube, social media, & obvious porn site. Every dept is different and does things differ. For instance BOP is only giving us 2 weeks training before they cut us lose. When I told my buddies that, who went thru a 16-22 week academy plus a 4-8 week feild training phase....they laughed at me and said no way, what agency would only train for 2 weeks. Get where I'm going?! Every place has its own thing. Some rules are pretty much universal and some not.
    qwertyuiop123, While some agencies do differ from each other you ask specifically about BOP and thats what us BOP folks are relaying, the BOP way that you ask about.

    At the majority of BOP institutions you have another week of just OJT shadowing others before being assigned by yourself. At Low and medium institution maybe not so much but at USP's you pretty much are. No matter where you work there are only a couple posts that we can assign you to. Even after your probationary year there are some posts you still can not work until you get some other training. Some of it formal course (like bus school) and others institution specific (Basic Prisoner Transport with a little more entailed qualification course)

    As far as other places having more training, that does not mean they are any better. When you look at the amount of issues some state agencies have compared to BOP the length of training is not really a good indicator.

    You will have limited internet access on your office computer in BOP. So go ahead and get caught "surfing" and not notice someone getting their *** kicked, stabbed or worse. Because that is the first thing they will do AFTER they pull the tapes and see the Officer sitting at their desk is pull the info off the computers. Then they will do a mass interview of all inmates and more than a couple will snitch you out in a heartbeat.

    And in the case of a homicide the after action review team (made up of exec staff from other institutions in your region) will do a more thorough investigation and that could be the difference on if the Assistant US Attorney will represent you or not when the inmate or his family in the case of a homicide sues you. And yes I have seen that happen where the GOV and BOP would not defend the staff member then they were working for the inmates family because of a award in civil court.

    Computer misuse is probably #1 on what gets rookies walked out and pretty far up there on what other staff get in trouble for.(and I have seen folks with 18 1/2 years in get fired too!)

    So with that being said even if internet surfing is allowed does it make since to do your thing on the computer when you have 120 to 150 inmates in a housing unit doing "their thing"?
    If you think it does you might want to recheck your work ethic.

    As they say in BOP (and you will learn this if you get hired) Go ahead and do whatever you think your career can handle!

    Again good luck and happy Trolling!
    Last edited by in625shooter; 06-23-2014, 03:11 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
      Show me the policy from a legit correctional agency that allows it during duty hours until then troll elsewhere........
      Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
      qwertyuiop123, While some agencies do differ from each other you ask specifically about BOP and thats what us BOP folks are relaying, the BOP way that you ask about.

      At the majority of BOP institutions you have another week of just OJT shadowing others before being assigned by yourself. At Low and medium institution maybe not so much but at USP's you pretty much are. No matter where you work there are only a couple posts that we can assign you to. Even after your probationary year there are some posts you still can not work until you get some other training. Some of it formal course (like bus school) and others institution specific (Basic Prisoner Transport with a little more entailed qualification course)

      As far as other places having more training, that does not mean they are any better. When you look at the amount of issues some state agencies have compared to BOP the length of training is not really a good indicator.

      You will have limited internet access on your office computer in BOP. So go ahead and get caught "surfing" and not notice someone getting their *** kicked, stabbed or worse. Because that is the first thing they will do AFTER they pull the tapes and see the Officer sitting at their desk is pull the info off the computers. Then they will do a mass interview of all inmates and more than a couple will snitch you out in a heartbeat.

      And in the case of a homicide the after action review team (made up of exec staff from other institutions in your region) will do a more thorough investigation and that could be the difference on if the Assistant US Attorney will represent you or not when the inmate or his family in the case of a homicide sues you. And yes I have seen that happen where the GOV and BOP would not defend the staff member then they were working for the inmates family because of a award in civil court.

      Computer misuse is probably #1 on what gets rookies walked out and pretty far up there on what other staff get in trouble for.(and I have seen folks with 18 1/2 years in get fired too!)

      So with that being said even if internet surfing is allowed does it make since to do your thing on the computer when you have 120 to 150 inmates in a housing unit doing "their thing"?
      If you think it does you might want to recheck your work ethic.

      As they say in BOP (and you will learn this if you get hired) Go ahead and do whatever you think your career can handle!

      Again good luck and happy Trolling!
      Thank you for answering my question. Thats all I needed to know. I have good common sense and I know how to use it. sometimes you guys give such dramatic responses while on the soapbox. As you said depts vary so that is why I asked about BOP.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
        Show me the policy from a legit correctional agency that allows it during duty hours until then troll elsewhere........
        Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
        qwertyuiop123, While some agencies do differ from each other you ask specifically about BOP and thats what us BOP folks are relaying, the BOP way that you ask about.

        At the majority of BOP institutions you have another week of just OJT shadowing others before being assigned by yourself. At Low and medium institution maybe not so much but at USP's you pretty much are. No matter where you work there are only a couple posts that we can assign you to. Even after your probationary year there are some posts you still can not work until you get some other training. Some of it formal course (like bus school) and others institution specific (Basic Prisoner Transport with a little more entailed qualification course)

        As far as other places having more training, that does not mean they are any better. When you look at the amount of issues some state agencies have compared to BOP the length of training is not really a good indicator.

        You will have limited internet access on your office computer in BOP. So go ahead and get caught "surfing" and not notice someone getting their *** kicked, stabbed or worse. Because that is the first thing they will do AFTER they pull the tapes and see the Officer sitting at their desk is pull the info off the computers. Then they will do a mass interview of all inmates and more than a couple will snitch you out in a heartbeat.

        And in the case of a homicide the after action review team (made up of exec staff from other institutions in your region) will do a more thorough investigation and that could be the difference on if the Assistant US Attorney will represent you or not when the inmate or his family in the case of a homicide sues you. And yes I have seen that happen where the GOV and BOP would not defend the staff member then they were working for the inmates family because of a award in civil court.

        Computer misuse is probably #1 on what gets rookies walked out and pretty far up there on what other staff get in trouble for.(and I have seen folks with 18 1/2 years in get fired too!)

        So with that being said even if internet surfing is allowed does it make since to do your thing on the computer when you have 120 to 150 inmates in a housing unit doing "their thing"?
        If you think it does you might want to recheck your work ethic.

        As they say in BOP (and you will learn this if you get hired) Go ahead and do whatever you think your career can handle!

        Again good luck and happy Trolling!
        Thanks for the well wishes bud! hopefully I can be the all knowing self appointed BOP ambassador like yourself. I seen that website you were talking about prison officer. I'm good! if I wanna sign up for a ****ing match and a zinger fest I'll keep that site in mind. It appears to be a bunch of off duty mess and battles of the one up clever shots. People on my Dept have got so much paper work up the rear end for getting out of hand on sites like that so I avoid it. Only reason why I got on here was to get a few questions answered.

        Comment


        • For the new hires out there be sure u save up to get ur uniforms. They do give u the money sooner or later but unless u wanna wear something business casual on ur first shift I suggest u order your gear the first day of IF.

          Comment


          • ^^^^ good advice. I just got a Non LEO federal job and they told me 'they will look around' for a uniform for me lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
              Thanks for the well wishes bud! hopefully I can be the all knowing self appointed BOP ambassador like yourself. I seen that website you were talking about prison officer. I'm good! if I wanna sign up for a ****ing match and a zinger fest I'll keep that site in mind. It appears to be a bunch of off duty mess and battles of the one up clever shots. People on my Dept have got so much paper work up the rear end for getting out of hand on sites like that so I avoid it. Only reason why I got on here was to get a few questions answered.
              So I go from getting thanked for answering your question to being a self appointed BOP ambassador, wow! Never said I knew everything, and I am no ambassador but I do know BOP pretty good.

              Also, it's funny how you want to know about watching CD's and or surfing the net with BOP but just now you mentioned your department writes folks up for getting out of hand on sites. So which side of the road do you want?


              Most everyone on PrisonOfficer.org as well as this site is pretty civil for the most part with few exceptions. Are there a few folks that might be a little course in how they relay stuff? Sure, but they just tell the truth. If you can't take that you are going to have a hard first year. I have seen your similar types last barely 6 weeks. Personally I wish you the best but I've seen way to many of your type and when those types have to much issues with everything like you they usually quit.

              And by the way as far as getting out of hand on other sites. BOP staff don't usually. Case in point, there was even a Warden (from Victorville actually) that was charged for leaking information on PO.Org. He was investigated by OIG and charged in Federal court but found not guilty. So BOP staff don't get to out of hand on many sites other than stepping on some sensibilities from time to time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
                NEGATIVE!!! I'm not name dropping. Since your so good at doing the Lords works why dont you find out yourself. Until then stop acting like you know every policy at every jail/prison. Some places allow net surfing but block youtube, social media, & obvious porn site. Every dept is different and does things differ. For instance BOP is only giving us 2 weeks training before they cut us lose. When I told my buddies that, who went thru a 16-22 week academy plus a 4-8 week feild training phase....they laughed at me and said no way, what agency would only train for 2 weeks. Get where I'm going?! Every place has its own thing. Some rules are pretty much universal and some not.
                You made the statement that it is allowed therefore the burden of proof is on you. If you can't back up what you say guess what that makes you?
                Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                Me: you really want an answer to that
                Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HapkidoKa View Post
                  You made the statement that it is allowed therefore the burden of proof is on you. If you can't back up what you say guess what that makes you?
                  Dude or dudet...I'm so over this. I just cant do the back and forth over something so stupid. This is not a court of law and I will NOT name dept's on a public forum where the public can see. Although their P&P allows them to do it I still chose not to drop their name due to the nature of this conversation. I'm not saying that the policy allows them to binge watch on netflix and youtube will enjoying apple juice and crackers. You guys are so dramatic! Do the research for yourself. I know you may think you know every policy for every dept in this country but...I hate to tell you but you dont. The only thing missing from your tit for tat is calling me a boo boo head. The same puzzled look you had on your face when I said some agencies allow net surfing is the same puzzled look my partners had on their face when I told them that I only have to go thru 2 weeks of training before being cut loose. For some of them I cant even pay them to believe me that we only get two weeks becuase its only 2 weeks. But again..each dept does things THEIR WAY and I repsect that. All I did was ask a simple question about how you guys do things but giving a simple answer was just too hard. You had to get on your soapbox and give your little dramatic spill. IF you guys wanna keep going with the back and forth thats cool but I'm done on this topic. I'll keep "trolling" on here and you guys keep doing the Lords work and being the best self appointed embassadors for the kingdom you can be.

                  Comment


                  • Bye.png
                    Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
                    Dude or dudet...I'm so over this. I just cant do the back and forth over something so stupid. This is not a court of law and I will NOT name dept's on a public forum where the public can see. Although their P&P allows them to do it I still chose not to drop their name due to the nature of this conversation. I'm not saying that the policy allows them to binge watch on netflix and youtube will enjoying apple juice and crackers. You guys are so dramatic! Do the research for yourself. I know you may think you know every policy for every dept in this country but...I hate to tell you but you dont. The only thing missing from your tit for tat is calling me a boo boo head. The same puzzled look you had on your face when I said some agencies allow net surfing is the same puzzled look my partners had on their face when I told them that I only have to go thru 2 weeks of training before being cut loose. For some of them I cant even pay them to believe me that we only get two weeks becuase its only 2 weeks. But again..each dept does things THEIR WAY and I repsect that. All I did was ask a simple question about how you guys do things but giving a simple answer was just too hard. You had to get on your soapbox and give your little dramatic spill. IF you guys wanna keep going with the back and forth thats cool but I'm done on this topic. I'll keep "trolling" on here and you guys keep doing the Lords work and being the best self appointed embassadors for the kingdom you can be.
                    No one here is self appointed, sort of hard to be when We did not come to you, YOUR the one that asked and those of us, in BOP gave you our answer on how things played out in BOP. And most of us have experience in other agencies which gave us the knowledge to discuss about what other places can or can't do (in the case of surfing the net and CD's Netflix whatever).

                    You asked, and we gave you the no BS assessment and you didn't like the answer. Nobody here got out of hand or said anything that slick until you started going all over the place in disagreement. If you don't want an answer do not ask the question.

                    That being said there is nothing for you to get over except YOURSELF.

                    Have a nice career with BOP if you make it. Wish you the best!

                    Hack out!
                    Last edited by in625shooter; 06-24-2014, 04:29 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by qwertyuiop123 View Post
                      Dude or dudet...I'm so over this. I just cant do the back and forth over something so stupid. This is not a court of law and I will NOT name dept's on a public forum where the public can see. Although their P&P allows them to do it I still chose not to drop their name due to the nature of this conversation. I'm not saying that the policy allows them to binge watch on netflix and youtube will enjoying apple juice and crackers. You guys are so dramatic! Do the research for yourself. I know you may think you know every policy for every dept in this country but...I hate to tell you but you dont. The only thing missing from your tit for tat is calling me a boo boo head. The same puzzled look you had on your face when I said some agencies allow net surfing is the same puzzled look my partners had on their face when I told them that I only have to go thru 2 weeks of training before being cut loose. For some of them I cant even pay them to believe me that we only get two weeks becuase its only 2 weeks. But again..each dept does things THEIR WAY and I repsect that. All I did was ask a simple question about how you guys do things but giving a simple answer was just too hard. You had to get on your soapbox and give your little dramatic spill. IF you guys wanna keep going with the back and forth thats cool but I'm done on this topic. I'll keep "trolling" on here and you guys keep doing the Lords work and being the best self appointed embassadors for the kingdom you can be.
                      x73665d20140511001831.jpg
                      Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                      Me: you really want an answer to that
                      Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                        In most of the rest of the US, BOP pays twice as much as what most state DOC and municipal LE jobs pay. That being said where most in say Indiana or Missouri have to get a year of experience to be competitive for a BOP job in California it's the opposite. Staff frequently leave BOP for California state DOC or municipal, county LE agencies etc. There are also generally more positions/openings with LE agencies in California than a lot of the rest of the not so populated states/areas which there are a lot of BOP institutions in very rural areas (USP Big Sandy is and hour from the nearest Walmart and I mean hour up and down mountains with very few houses).
                        I cant imagine someone leaving BOP for a state correction agency. Im not too familiar with the State of California but here in Georgia the BOP pays twice what the state agency pays.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                          I cant imagine someone leaving BOP for a state correction agency. Im not too familiar with the State of California but here in Georgia the BOP pays twice what the state agency pays.
                          It's all about the money. BOP everywhere would have staffing issues if most folks could get the same or better pay else where. In most states the FED's out pay the local Gov by double. In CA it's the opposite

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
                            I cant imagine someone leaving BOP for a state correction agency. Im not too familiar with the State of California but here in Georgia the BOP pays twice what the state agency pays.
                            Most BOP staff believe the same and some actually get mad when you tell them otherwise. I actually got into an online argument with a guy on this issue after telling him I made more working for the state of IL.
                            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                            Me: you really want an answer to that
                            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

                            Comment


                            • Just a timeline update. My EOD is July 28th.
                              Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

                              Comment


                              • Hey guys. I'm new to the board and had a few questions. I have applied and interviewed for a teaching position with the BOP. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me a little about the position. Hours? How the position is viewed among other staff? Opportunity for promotion? General job information?

                                Thanks for your help!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6762 users online. 341 members and 6421 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X