• Show
Clear All

Lol............
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      I haven't started yet, I start next Monday and I am excited. The BOP was a good opportunity to get into the federal system, but it didn't fit into my long term goals. 2 years working for the BOP was enough to suck my soul right out of me.
      Good luck to you Kansas! We lost a guy here to the BOP a couple of weeks ago.
      Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
      Me: you really want an answer to that
      Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Good luck. I hear it's a rough place.
        Since on the announcement Victorville is one of the three locations paying a bonus to sign does that mean they are processing people for that location quicker?

What do you mean by Victorville being rough?

Do CO get Law Enforcement Pay? How are the shifts/hours?

Comment

Originally posted by ee78 View Post
          Since on the announcement Victorville is one of the three locations paying a bonus to sign does that mean they are processing people for that location quicker?
          No quicker than anywhere else. The bonus is due to the fact that the area has a high cost of living and the BOP can't compete with the pay at CDCR.

What do you mean by Victorville being rough?
          I mean they have a reputation for rocking and rolling. Lots of fights, lots of use of force incidents, some large disruptions, crazy and wild inmates.

Do CO get Law Enforcement Pay? How are the shifts/hours?
          Yes indeed we get LE pay. Check out the OPM LE pay tables. The shifts/hours suck during your rookie year. You will likely be placed on sick and annual and rotate shifts and days off frequently.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I haven't started yet, I start next Monday and I am excited. The BOP was a good opportunity to get into the federal system, but it didn't fit into my long term goals. 2 years working for the BOP was enough to suck my soul right out of me.
            Glad to hear you are getting what you want...............................

Congrats----------------Good Luck..........& Keep in touch
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

No quicker than anywhere else. The bonus is due to the fact that the area has a high cost of living and the BOP can't compete with the pay at CDCR.

I mean they have a reputation for rocking and rolling. Lots of fights, lots of use of force incidents, some large disruptions, crazy and wild inmates.

Yes indeed we get LE pay. Check out the OPM LE pay tables. The shifts/hours suck during your rookie year. You will likely be placed on sick and annual and rotate shifts and days off frequently.
              What's the money like? $40 to $50K a year?

Comment

i got this directly from the BOP site:

Salaries are based on the position and location of the job you are selected to fill. The Law Enforcement Special Salary Rate and Locality pay scale may vary from the General Schedule and Locality pay scale. Salaries for positions such as Electrician, Mechanic, and Plumber, are found on the Federal Wage System (FWS) pay scale. View current Federal Government pay rates and locality pay on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's website at www.opm.gov. Those assigned to evening duty (i.e., 4:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.) are paid a percentage of their basic hourly rate above regular pay, and employees assigned to Sunday duty are paid 25 percent above regular pay for all work on Sunday. Contact the Employee Services Department at the institution where you are applying for further clarification.

This is the salary tables for GS pay and GL pay- http://www.opm.gov/oca/11tables/index.asp. As a BOP C.O. it will be under law enforcement special base rates and locality pay table.

hope this is somewhat helpful to you.

D
                BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                  Just got my Notice of results by email from BOP. My rating is "Eligible" and my app has been referred to MDC Brooklyn for employment consideration. It's weird I guess there is no score anymore just eligible or ineligible, or non-qualified, or something to that effect. I am hoping my chances are pretty good since they only accepted 65 apps and they are looking for 10 people. So thats a 1 in 6.5 assuming everyone else that submitted an app was also found eligible. I also am a 5 point pref Vet qualifing on work experience but many others may have that too.

Anyone else apply and get an email?
                  After applying, How long did it take to get your NOR?

Comment

I don't remember exactly. But it wasn't too long, maybe a couple of weeks.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Originally posted by bravezfan777 View Post
                      After applying, How long did it take to get your NOR?
                      I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it depends. There are a lot of factors involved.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

i got no NOR.i heard from MCC New York that if my name is on the certificate when they hire, i will get a call for interview. So i wait and apply everywhere else as if i got no chance.
                        BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

Yesterday was a month for me and I still haven't heard a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                            Yesterday was a month for me and I still haven't heard a thing.
                            I've applied to several agecies and have worked for 2 including the BOP. Going months without hearing anything is not uncommon. Most LE agencies take applications not to hire then and there but to keep a log of potientials when they do hire. The BOP also goes by your score fromt he top down....
                            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                            Me: you really want an answer to that
                            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

Call up HR at the facility and find out if they plan on even hiring any time soon. If not then apply to a place that is hiring.
                              CBPO
                              TO - 05/08 JFK
                              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Do you guys know which facilities are hiring most often, I know that here in Colorado wait time could take years...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4006 users online. 280 members and 3726 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X