300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Signal108M; 01-01-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• Hey everyone I applied to FCC Coleman, I applied more than a month ago I haven’t heard anything from them but ive heard from other jails to switch my #1 choice if interested… how long till i heard from Coleman?

Comment

• Good luck to everyone in the hiring process. BOP was fun and I learned a lot from my time with them. I honestly believed my experience from that agency helped me in my transition to the USMS. Stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironheadjack View Post
          Thanks Shooter that makes a lot of sense. Does anyone know what happen to prisonofficer forum? That place was predominantly BOP, did all those guy migrate here?
          I was one of the two founders of PrisonOfficer.Org (CrosstimbersOkie). The forum died years ago due to lack of interest. Cory, the software license holder left prison and law enforcement for other things and I retired from the BOP in 2016. I haven't a clue where everyone went other than a couple of people whom I befriended on Facebook. Basically, we old Generation-X'ers handed the reigns off to you Millennials. How are you 1990s "Babies On Board" Hillary Clinton's "Save The Children" savees handling the pressure? A little cold virus getting you down, spreading hysteria like Hillary and her ilk raised you to react? I see you're all turning thugs loose early en-mass. What's that all about?

Comment

• Anyone know any good city to live around Herlong, CA? Submitted a OF5 and doing a courtesy interview next week near where I live.

Comment

• in625shooter
              in625shooter commented
              Editing a comment
              The folks I knew that were at Herlong commuted from the Reno NV Area. About a 55-60 Min Commute.

As for any Cali towns not sure what’s the better areas

• Just applied for BOP in Greenville, IL and Marion, IL. From that area and wanting to get back home. Looking to take the pay cut to be happy again (currently CBPO in Detroit). Any idea if BOP is actually in need of anyone at these locations and how long has the process typically been taking to start up. Only applied a couple days ago. Any info appreciated.

Comment

• Does anyone in here work at or have knowledge of how it is working at MCC San Diego? Currently have an offer on the table for GL-5 position..

Comment

• Drug exposure during mail screening sends USP Thomson officer to hospital

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/lo...6-0439558556a3
                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Deleted .........
                  Last edited by stevej; 03-23-2022, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• I applied to FDC, Philadelphia and FCI, Ft. Dix. Any insights on those locations?

Does anyone know how long the whole process might take from application until EOD? I understand that this will vary. I'm just looking for a rough estimate from recent experiences. I'm former DHS, with reinstatement eligibility (not that it makes a difference).
                    Last edited by Forester87; 03-26-2022, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• stevej
                      stevej commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I applied early March. From what I've been reading on this forum, it may take 6-9 months but locations in need of COs may hire you sooner if your willing to travel. Let me know if you get any movement in the process.

• Forester87
                      Forester87 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      stevej

I'll keep you updated.

• Forester87
                      Forester87 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I chose Ft. Dix as my second option because it's so large that I figured they'd have at least some vacancies. I'd gladly go another Eastern or Central Pennsylvania facility.

• Rumors:

I was informed by a good friend the BOP has approved GL-8 pay for all officers automatic. For decades correctional officers with the BOP pay increases would stop at GL-7 and GL-8 was not automatic. He told me OPM is working out the final details on giving officers GL-8’s automatically.

My friend was also informed BOP is finally making a change to the issued credentials and issuing gold shields (badges) with a newly designed credentials. He sent me a photo of the new badge and it looks ok.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Ty808
                      Ty808 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes all is true. We just had ICP and got the same confirmation from the WRO regional director. Automatic 8 coming some time in October. Badges which can be seen on the new master agreement. Not too sure about new credentials but hopefully with issue of badges. Also new outer vest are in the works that will be able to hold radio,cuffs and new batons we are getting issued to us. It will be made through Unicor so idk how the quality will be. But big changes are coming from the BOP. BOP has been in the spotlight for the past two years and we have a lot of people on our side to get things done with pay,equipment and staffing. The next 5 years will be interesting to say the least. I wanna say body cams are gonna be the next big thing to come into the Bureau due to updated use of force policy and Biden signing of a bill requiring federal LEO to have body worn cameras. Another thing was brought up during ICP was having 2 people in units but I don’t think that’ll happen until the government can fund us at 100%.

• Honestly I’ll be shocked if we got updated credentials and issued badges.

Originally posted by Electrician1234 View Post
                    Rumors:

I was informed by a good friend the BOP has approved GL-8 pay for all officers automatic. For decades correctional officers with the BOP pay increases would stop at GL-7 and GL-8 was not automatic. He told me OPM is working out the final details on giving officers GL-8’s automatically.

My friend was also informed BOP is finally making a change to the issued credentials and issuing gold shields (badges) with a newly designed credentials. He sent me a photo of the new badge and it looks ok.

Comment

• So I recently applied again for MDC brooklyn and I put otisvile Would I have a higher chance of getting called back if I put another FDC like Philadelphia I was rated best qualified I've already contacted Brooklyn and otisvile Should I just wait for an answer or just change my choice

Comment

• Mdc brooklyn will call you. We need people. We are getting slammed

Comment

• Welp it’s actually official. Its on bop sallyport automatic 8s are happening july 31st. Thats huge but i still doubt it will help retain officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3853 users online. 230 members and 3623 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X