Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So the big rumor that's been doing around our place as of late is that all FCI Mediums will be getting #2's in all the housing units. Has anybody else heard of this? in625shooter

    Comment


    • in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Being retired I'm a couple days behind some stuff The thought sounds good but when they can't man #2's at USP's not sure how they plan on pull off mediums

    • bolo1187
      bolo1187 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well congrats on the retirement!!!

    • Yungstar713
      Yungstar713 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea but not sure how when staffing is still pretty low

  • Haven’t seen a timeline in a while

    July 8 written, ua, hearing, medical

    Eqip July 21,

    Resubmitted late August

    Waiting on firm hire

    Comment


    • For anyone that recently applied (after October 1st) how long should we anticipate waiting to hear something. I was rated BQ.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pa/ny321 View Post
        For anyone that recently applied (after October 1st) how long should we anticipate waiting to hear something. I was rated BQ.
        Just because you were rated BQ means nothing. You could set on that list for 6 months. It depends on when the institution request a list from Grand Prarie for interviews.

        It could be within a month or longer.

        Comment


        • Hey all

          i was wondering if anyone had any info about MDC Brooklyn, I see they still have a 25% hiring bonus. Anyone know why they struggle to hire and keep COs? Poor management, violent inmates, etc. I’m in a trade union now but I’m looking for a change, don’t want to walk away if I’d be walking into an ever bigger headache.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ironheadjack View Post
            Hey all

            i was wondering if anyone had any info about MDC Brooklyn, I see they still have a 25% hiring bonus. Anyone know why they struggle to hire and keep COs? Poor management, violent inmates, etc. I’m in a trade union now but I’m looking for a change, don’t want to walk away if I’d be walking into an ever bigger headache.
            The issue with olaces like Brooklyn and most MCCs as well ad California and one or 2 other states is simple. The local LE and corrections jobs pay more than BOP does.

            Where most of the country BOP pays sometimes double or more what a state DOC or LE agency pays.

            Most places BOP wants experienced state DOC folks where California specifically people gire in BOP to get that Golden State money. NYC is the same way

            Comment


            • Thanks Shooter that makes a lot of sense. Does anyone know what happen to prisonofficer forum? That place was predominantly BOP, did all those guy migrate here?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ironheadjack View Post
                Thanks Shooter that makes a lot of sense. Does anyone know what happen to prisonofficer forum? That place was predominantly BOP, did all those guy migrate here?
                A couple issues Cory who ran it got tired of begging for folks to help out on the fees to run it. AND it became over run with inmate families asking questions.

                Comment


                • I took and passed the Core Value Assessment Test (CVA) right before the hiring freeze and reapplied 10/1. Can someone confirm if it is good for one year or if you have to take it again each time you apply?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by pa/ny321 View Post
                    I took and passed the Core Value Assessment Test (CVA) right before the hiring freeze and reapplied 10/1. Can someone confirm if it is good for one year or if you have to take it again each time you apply?
                    You are good for 1 Calendar year.

                    Comment


                    • https://www.facebook.com/events/1751.../?ref=newsfeed


                      TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2021 AT 12 PM – 3:30 PM


                      USP Thomson job fair


                      1100 One Mile Rd, Thomson, IL 61285-7750, United States



                      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 4739 users online. 287 members and 4452 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X