Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I applied today on the new announcement. I put down Fort Dix as my first choice and managed to BQ for 5 and 6. When I called Fort Dix, the person I spoke to did say they were hiring, so hopefully I will hear something before the year is out.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there a study guide of sorts in regards to the Core Values Assessment. I could use any help possible.

Comment

• in625shooter
        in625shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        No, its all suppose to be common sense (Thwir words) Feim those that hired in hadyer they started have said when I taugh IF said you can sort of figure out what answer they want

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's common sense and integrity

• Would like to know if anyone has any insight into Yazoo City, MS facility? Looking at applying this this facility since it’s close to home. Currently not in the BOP but federal LEO. Any information on this facility would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• in625shooter
        in625shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        PM me and I can give you some insights from there

• 17Jeep
        17Jeep commented
        Editing a comment
        I was there recently for two years PM with what you would like to know.

• Hello everyone, I am looking forward to applying to Bop as soon as I graduate from college this May. I am most likely going to be applying at Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have a few questions for some of you guys on The job already.
      1. Do you guys think that I could apply during my last semester of school? Or do I have to wait till I actually possess the degree?
      2. What was the most difficult part of the hiring process?
      3.How does the training work for new hires? Do you get sent down south immediately or is there a delay?
      4. I know this is early in the game but how are the advancement opportunities?

Comment

• JZ71LT
        JZ71LT commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Check the work experience qualifications for GL-5, you may not need to wait.
        2. I wouldn't say any of it is hard.
        3. 2 weeks of IF training and then you work a post. I've been on over a year and haven't been sent to Glynco.
        4. If your willing to move, you can advance quickly.

• dox1842
        dox1842 commented
        Editing a comment
        1. I would try, what is it going to cost you? I did this and got rejected because I didn't qualify so I went and reapplied after I graduated. I had to work as a security guard in the interim but it wasn't that bad.
        2. Getting anxiety between the long spans of silence. There were 4 parts in the process for me - applying, getting an interview, getting the physical, and then doing the background check and getting the final offer. I swear in between each process there was 2 or 3 months of silence. I started getting anxiety and figured I was out of the running. This may very for you because I talked to some people that it only took them a month or so to get hired so ymmv.
        3. They put you on a post under the supervision of a senior officer. Sometimes you get thrown to the wolves. It honestly isn't that bad and inmates will get over on you. ****, I have 6 years in and they still get over on me sometimes. Isn't that big of a deal as long as they don't jump the fence.
        4. Depending on the institution. At "homestead" joints it can be more difficult. You have to move around to promote fast.

• DOTfed20
        DOTfed20 commented
        Editing a comment
        unfortunately you will need your degree first if you plan to qualify, unless you have the experience at the GL-5 level, I say this as I have already seen a person that got their degree two months after mine when we applied at the same time, and i got in based on the degree and he didn't because he technically did not have it when he applied. Like dox1842 said it never hurts to try, but more than likely it may be rejected if the transcripts don't reflect it.

due to COVID and everything else not only will you not go to Glynco until maybe a year in, but you may not go at all, the rumor where i am is that it will be held at your joint or an institution near you, they used to be rumors, and technically still are, but even our Warden is saying it just may be held at the institution. To be determined........

now you will start before the background even begins, so just make sure you disclose everything to avoid being walked out later.

the bop needs warm bodies, as long as you pass the online test at the beginning, its hard to mess up the rest

Like JZ71LT stated, if you are willing to move i am sure you could make warden.

Good luck.

• Does anyone work at MDC Brooklyn? I had a few questions I wanted to ask is it possible if I can on someone?

Comment

• If I got hired somewhere and decide to apply to another prison and end up getting hired, does my probation start over? Or does it work like a transfer?

Comment

• JZ71LT
          JZ71LT commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be like a transfer.

• Anyone gotten any tesponse from Brooklyn or Manhattan on hiring? I applied again and still silence.

Comment

• Any info on this position? Legal Instruments Examiner (Inmate Classification and Computation Technician

starts at gs 5 goes to gs9. After year are you a 6 or 7?

Comment

• in625shooter
            in625shooter commented
            Editing a comment
            Read the eligibility section. Usually those spots are listed as BOP or reassignment eligibles already within the FED system. They use to all be GS 8

The Legal INS Examiners job works in R&D or Inmate Systems Management and they calculate inmates good conduct time or SRT (Supervised Release going to a halfway house) Or in some cases full term release.

• dangerr101
            dangerr101 commented
            Editing a comment
            https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/582511200

Its open to all. Starts at gs5 goes to gs9.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5526 users online. 340 members and 5186 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X