300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
    This is the first I've ever heard of something like that. I know years ago, BOP had "accelerated promotions" from GS-6 to GS-7 (6 months waiting time rather one year), but that has long ended.

Unions, even one as powerful as AFGE Council of Prison Locals, can negotiate a lot of issues, but pay rates and increases are not one of them. Is your source for this information reliable?
    Oh it is reliable, it is on my SF-50. I was a GL-5 step 1 last year, and I received my step pay increase and a promotion to GL-6, making me a GL-6 step 2. I've talked to other feds and there are other jobs that also do this. Next year I will be promoted to GL-7 and receive a step increase to step 3, unless I get a QSI of course.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

BOP just put up a new nationwide announcement on usajobs
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Yes the BOP has opened up but if you work in Cali...well get ready to rock. I work in Va. and I know a few guys who left and went to USPs to work and get the rank, another plus about the prison where you work is that when you go to another like USP to FCI you have me respect. Another thing be forward about anything in your past, I would hate to see another good officer leave because he/she tried to hide something. Good luck to everyone on the career hunt.
        So who took my doggy treats????

Comment

Hey guys, quick question. I applied last month to the nationwide announcement but I was informed that each location would put up individual postings of people they needed. Well, they put up another nationwide announcement and I re-applied but I also noticed there are some individual location postings as well. Im confused, whats going to happen after I applied to this nationwide posting?
          “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

Hey rocknroll,
            The nationwide is like an all call...with that being said, if you are willing to travel and are willing to call then you should find a place to work? Are you willing to travel, or are you just wanting to stay in NY? The BOP wants you and as many people they can get, but you have to be willing or play like your willing to travel. Keep trying because last I knew the FDC and MCC in NY needed help, good luck and remember HR remembers those who call them. Not those waiting to be called, so don't ever wait on them to call yo, keeep calling the HR dept and you will get on somewhere.

Comment

Got back from philly last night after taking the CBP exam last week. I called one BOP HR office today and they told me that there was a system error when posting the announcement last week they erased it this morning. He also told me that in need of correction officers each prison are going to do it individually.....

Comment

I found this on BOP website but there is no USA jobs posting. So why they are telling this:

Actively Hiring: The following location(s) is/are in urgent need of correctional officers and/or physician assistants to fill vacant positions:

* USP Atwater, CA*
                * FCC Beaumont, TX
                * FCI Dublin, CA*
                * FCC Forrest City, AR
                * USP Hazelton, WV
                * FCI Herlong, CA*
                * FCI McDowell, WV
                * FCI Mendota, CA***
                * FCC Pollock, LA
                * FCC Victorville, CA*

Comment

Originally posted by LinasK View Post
                  I found this on BOP website but there is no USA jobs posting. So why they are telling this:

Actively Hiring: The following location(s) is/are in urgent need of correctional officers and/or physician assistants to fill vacant positions:

* USP Atwater, CA*
                  * FCC Beaumont, TX
                  * FCI Dublin, CA*
                  * FCC Forrest City, AR
                  * USP Hazelton, WV
                  * FCI Herlong, CA*
                  * FCI McDowell, WV
                  * FCI Mendota, CA***
                  * FCC Pollock, LA
                  * FCC Victorville, CA*
                  That is old. It was based on the old national announcement. Now each individual institution will post when they are hiring and at that point you need to apply. Right now there are no openings posted to usajobs for entry level COs. We might be going through a bit of a freeze due to the current continuing resolution, though that isn't confirmed.
                  What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

That is very old and the site was updated today. There are no longer any facilities listed under "Actively Hiring" and when you click on "Actively Hiring" it will take you to the BOP's USAJobs page.
                    Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                    Me: you really want an answer to that
                    Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

USA JOBS has 10 openings for correctional officer at MDC Brooklyn. Act fast, it says this will close after 65 applicants!

There is a new type of assessment and I did not receive a score?!

If anyone else applies let me know if this is the same for you
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Posted so the "Are We Not Real Cops" thread isn't showing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Just got my Notice of results by email from BOP. My rating is "Eligible" and my app has been referred to MDC Brooklyn for employment consideration. It's weird I guess there is no score anymore just eligible or ineligible, or non-qualified, or something to that effect. I am hoping my chances are pretty good since they only accepted 65 apps and they are looking for 10 people. So thats a 1 in 6.5 assuming everyone else that submitted an app was also found eligible. I also am a 5 point pref Vet qualifing on work experience but many others may have that too.

Anyone else apply and get an email?
                          CBPO
                          TO - 05/08 JFK
                          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                            Just got my Notice of results by email from BOP. My rating is "Eligible" and my app has been referred to MDC Brooklyn for employment consideration. It's weird I guess there is no score anymore just eligible or ineligible, or non-qualified, or something to that effect. I am hoping my chances are pretty good since they only accepted 65 apps and they are looking for 10 people. So thats a 1 in 6.5 assuming everyone else that submitted an app was also found eligible. I also am a 5 point pref Vet qualifing on work experience but many others may have that too.

Anyone else apply and get an email?
                            Good luck.
                            What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Good Luck and where I work we just had an Officer go to that MDC. Just remember keep your head up and please please be honest about your history and credit. BTW you'll love FLETC it's great.

Comment

Thanks! I have a clean background and Excellent credit score with no bad marks.

I received and email from HR at MDC Brooklyn asking me to fill out some paperwork and call to schedule an interview.
                                Last edited by LIcoastie; 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM.
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4102 users online. 288 members and 3814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X