Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received a conditional from USP Atwater, what is the pre-employment waiver? is it like getting an interim clearance? Hr said I need to submit dispositions for some speeding tickets I received, and said they need it for the pre-employment waiver. they said court docs are what they need, but to get them I would need to go to a deep southern court in Texas, which cant happen right now due to my work situation? Any insight?

Comment

• DOTfed20
      DOTfed20 commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW: The cool thing about Texas is you can pull up your driving record for your whole life on the DPS website, but they(BOP) didn't want that either

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Im not sure as in 20 years I've never heard that exact terminology And havent heard the word Interim since the Military. On your BG they just look for obvuous show stoppers to get you started. Your main BG wont be cleared until after you start wirkin. Usually after the 6 to 10 month mark.

As for the tickets if its an obstacle to get the court i fo. Contact your HR persi and let them know. HR is probably wanting court records because the BG will have them to write up the BGI. Its probably more of a conveniencefor the BGI.. I'm sure with the Covid there are several issues with folks getting records so I wouldn't sweat it Theres usually a way around it. And not like you didn't tell them about it.

A lot of stuff can be explained away so i wouldn't sweat it

Good Luck

• DOTfed20
      DOTfed20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response, that's good to know. I feel like I always shoot my self in the foot, and should have kept a copy of the dismissal, but I am sure they will find it on their own.

• Hello, I am a Florida state correctional officer for a year and a half and am looking to get hired on at FCC Coleman. When do they do certificate draws and what grades are they hiring at? In your experience, does the USAJOBS posting for this position require a cover letter (it says optional) or complex/long resume?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea when they pull or at what grade. No cover letter required.

• DOTfed20
      DOTfed20 commented
      Editing a comment
      A few pages/posts back I saw someone mention that they heard a list for FCC Coleman would be pulled in July, but that is complete hearsay at this point. Try calling HR they usually try to give an estimate. Make sure its your first choice, second choice does nothing for you.

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Go ahead and apply today AND make sure you get rated ad Best Qualified (BQ) of you will not be referred If you are not rated as BQ tweak your resume and KSAs (articulate better but don't lie) untilnyou get Bq'd.

Apply for both GL 5 and GL 6 but dont be surprised if you are broughtbon as a 5 as that is usually the way it works the kast 10 years or so

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      They pulled the list in July, most of us will EOD within the next 3 weeks. They are constantly hiring

• How long did it take from conditional offer to final offer?

Comment

• HilNaya
      HilNaya commented
      Editing a comment
      It took me a month!

• DOTfed20
      DOTfed20 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long was it before you met with the investigator

• HilNaya
      HilNaya commented
      Editing a comment
      I just heard from investigator maybe 1 week after I got The bonafide offer! It was on the phone

• Hi!
    just got hired for BOP MDC! I’ve been training running and today did stairs with a 20lbs vest. I am nervous about the PAT and my first day. Any tips?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its easy 1/4 mile run. I did it before losing a bunch of weight. If I could do it then anyone can..

• JZ71LT
      JZ71LT commented
      Editing a comment
      You won't do the PAT until you go to Glynco. That may take a while...

• Okay thank you! Yes I’ve been working on getting my time down to the 2:35. Trying hard. Thank you !

Comment

• Does anyone know what areas is hiring immediately? I am looking to get my foot in the door. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!!

Comment

• in625shooter
        in625shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        Just about any Complex aka FCC.

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        My brother got an email stating that oxford was about to pull a list to change his first choice if he wanted to be considered

• Where and how do BOP hire GS-7's right from the go? I am already a state CO.. I think it's appropriate for me to get 6-7 although I did ask for 5-6-7. Do they hire 7's from the go at the critical staffing locations in the North and West? Florida/South is hiring but not as badly as N and W.. so probably hire more 5's than 6-7s? Anyone got insight?

Comment

• in625shooter
        in625shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        I have 20 years in and outside of 1 person here saying they hired or was offered a job (cant remember) in as a 7 I have nevwr seen it. I asked HR and they stated they never heard if it eiuther That said doesn't mean it hasnt hapoened.

They use to hire in staff ad a 6 but around 2010 no matyer your exoerienve everyine hired in ad a 5 Last few years it went back to some 6 and aome 5 but
        end of the day its uo to the Warden.

That being said plan on being hired as a 5 and if you get a 6 be pleasantly surprised.

Also just a suggestion and I am just the messenger. I am pointing this because your your statement woukd set staffviff. About you have corrections so you shoukd start out as a 7.

If you get hired at whatever grade leave your state corrections, Military or whatever experience at the door. Best not mention it unless someone specifically asks because

1. Nobody cares or wants to hear it unkess they ask.
        2 BOP is a different animal and we know some olaces do it better (your betyer way was alreadey mentioned a decade ir 2 ago by some and we were told to shut up and go color) but we can't so let it go.

3 You sort of have to prove yourself by your reactions. Especially in a USP where you actually deal with inmates that GAF is broken unlike a low or most Mediums. Lots of self proclaimed Master Jedi's or Navy Rangers hire in. Prove it.

• How do you find out who is hiring immediately?

Comment

• Just put in for FCC Coleman

Comment

• Finally after 7 years at TSA, I start BOP Monday. I am excited and ready for the challenge.

Comment

• DOTfed20
            DOTfed20 commented
            Editing a comment
            from conditional to EOD date how long was it?

• Showtime0811
            Showtime0811 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats!!!!! I recently just applied for FCC Coleman and noticed today that it was referred. Can you tell me what is next step?

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            DOTfed20 2 months for me

• Showtime0811 After you are referred,
          you agree to inquire of availability (OF-5) form, then shortly after you are contacted for an interview, medical, entrance exam, eye exam etc. the same day. If you pass these steps on the same day a few weeks later will he offered a conditional offer and to submit your eQIP. If everything checks out you will be hired within 2-3 months. I was just hired at Coleman so this may be how your process will go. Good luck!

Comment

• Showtime0811
            Showtime0811 commented
            Editing a comment
            What are the requirements for vision test? What does the entrance test consist of

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Showtime0811 20/100 uncorrected, entrance exam is easy, don’t sweat it

• Showtime0811
            Showtime0811 commented
            Editing a comment
            Which process would you say is more difficult to get hired? BOP or CBPO!?

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            CBPO x1000

• Does anyone know if someone had a interview with Customs Border Protection Officer if that interview would be used for BOP also? I was curious....... Thanks

Comment

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Showtime0811 I have taken the interview for CBPO and no there is not a waiver for the interview.

• in625shooter
            in625shooter commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally different mission and intrview type than CBP or the like There is also a Core Values test I hired in about 18 years before they started the test but from what some the new hires have told me you can sort of figure out what they want to hear.

Good Luck

• What happens if you are going through the process and you had your interview already and decided to change locations? Sorry for the multiple messages, I’m on my phone and not sure how to post it. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• DOTfed20
            DOTfed20 commented
            Editing a comment
            well this happened to me, I applied for an mcc they pulled my name, and then never heard anything. I changed my location to a USP, but it took almost two months before my name showed u on the USP list. When I contacted HR in Grand Prairie they said when you get puled for list your name wont show up, until the hiring for that place is done.

So if you picked FCC coleman and they pull your name you may not be able to get picked by another facility until FCC coleman closes the audit for that list. There may be other scenarios, but that was my experience.

• Showtime0811
            Showtime0811 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you DOTfed20

• Does anyone know what credentials BOP issues? Just curious.

Comment

• in625shooter
            in625shooter commented
            Editing a comment
            Standard 2 piece that say Law Enforcement Officer for LEOSA. They give you no special powers as you have ZERO off duty authority and I have seen better fake IDs made in a High School basement.

Hope that helps LOL

• Anyone know if you have debt, does it have to
          be fully paid off in order to get hired with BOP or can you send them documentation showing you are in a payment arrangement?

Comment

• in625shooter
            in625shooter commented
            Editing a comment
            As long as you are not so many days behind (They have eased the amount of days from when I hired in but I dont know the number but its over I believe 90 days) If you have a written agreement (or or4int out e mail or correspondence should work) Your GTG

• HilNaya
            HilNaya commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi!
            You have to make two payments towards what every debt you have. Set up payment arrangements but pay 2 x and you have to provide proof.

• Showtime0811
            Showtime0811 commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted.................
            Last edited by Showtime0811; Yesterday, 03:11 PM. Reason: Deleted

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3288 users online. 224 members and 3064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X