300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
    Just checked my status on USAJobs and it changed from referred to not hired. I feel bummed out over this. I interviewed at FCI Danbury on 12/16.
    Sorry to hear that. Did you get any feeling when you interviewed as gow it would go? And not asking for you to put it out here but sometimes Credit or past employment BS can be an issue.

Other issue is Danbury could be harder to get in as it's a stand alone FCI but it 100% sure as some in urban areas (Danbury sort of fits that) have a higher turn over as local PDs pay more conpaired to Terre Haute Indiana where BIP makes 2 1/2 times what any local agency pays.

Comment

• Johnny4x4
      Johnny4x4 commented
      Editing a comment
      in625shooter what do you mean by , "stand alone."

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Jonny 4x4 a stand alone is referent to a single institution nd not a Complex where there are 2 or more institutions. A FCI stand alone is harder to get on at than a USP or Complex due to less positions

• A300!
      A300! commented
      Editing a comment
      I won't know for sure what happened until I call them which I intend to this week. I don't know what happened, only that I saw my status changed on USAJobs. I have already reapplied for Coleman since I heard they need officers.

• Johnny4x4
      Johnny4x4 commented
      Editing a comment
      in625shooter, thanks for the clarification. I've seen that phrase before and wasn't quite sure.

• I was wondering can someone tell me does DOP move pretty fast with their applications? I've heard some federal agency take an extremely long time to get through the process. Also, is DOP one of the agencies that does psychological and polygraph on all it applications? Looking at applying to either a medical facility or a prison camp.

Comment

• inventorchris
      inventorchris commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I did a search and found someone asking one of the question, but it doesn't allow you to see the response to it. I know the prison in IL are desperately hiring, but want to work in either a medical or low security women prison.

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Medical is hurting for folks about everywhere. As far as Low Female institutions there aren't a whole lot to choose from. Aliceville AL, Dublin CA and Wasica MN off the top of my head are about it.

• Johnny4x4
      Johnny4x4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya in general, FEDs will move as fast as they want to move...usually as slow as possible at first until deadlines approach. If they are short and need holes filled yesterday, they may move faster. Just remember, some of these hoops or people your application gets passed around to, don't get a dollar more to move your process a little faster. I've seen a few months to over a year.

• Knightwolf
      Knightwolf commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt take a polygraph before, maybe they changed it since 2017

• Had to send credit resolutions to the Human Resources department . I faxed over all documentation and completed entire process . Has anyone have to go through this before ?

Comment

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't personal have seen some but, have to "explain away" some BS Don't sweat it

• Knightwolf
      Knightwolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, as long as you don't have past due stuff your good. I had to fix some issues and ended up getting dropped because of the hiring freeze which lasted until they had to start the next hiring cycle. My advice? Make sure your payments are up to date and make payment arrangements whit whoever you owe so they see you are trying to fix any issues.

• I had a little discussion with a BOP employee the other day and wanted some of your opinions.

A CO applied for a federal job that requires this:

Possess experience as a sworn law enforcement officer or agent with full arrest authority in the prevention, detection, apprehension, detention and/or investigation of felony and/or misdemeanor violations of federal, state, local, tribal, or military criminal laws.

Do BOP CO’s meet this job requirement?

Comment

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Technically yes on everything however comma, the statutory of arrest (on crimes related to federal laws like facilitating an escape or assaulting an officer against federal BOP staff or properties. But it is never used (in 20 years I can not remember a case of a BOP staff making an arrest) If it's on grounds depending either FBI or local le (local LE is say a civilian is DUI on grounds as DUI is not covered by the SPA)

So they are covered (what let's BOP fall under LEOSA) but never used routinely
      Last edited by in625shooter; 01-10-2020, 01:23 PM.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      Think outside the box. Think about how what a CO does compared to Local LE. It's not a lot different, it's just in a controlled setting.

As for full arrest authority, that doesn't really exist. You either have statutory arrest authority or no arrest authority. For the most part local LE can't arrest for federal crimes or local crimes outside their jurisdiction. Feds can't ordinarily arrest for local crimes unless the locality extends statutory arrest authority to them.

• I would say no. BOP arrest authority is quite limited. If I were interviewing candidates, I would ask how many felony arrests and misdemeanor arrests have you made in the last year? How many times have you been subpoenaed to court on your arrest cases?
    The BOP experience might get a well written application in the door, but probably not in the pool of applicants to interview or move on with those requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwestco View Post
      I would say no. BOP arrest authority is quite limited. If I were interviewing candidates, I would ask how many felony arrests and misdemeanor arrests have you made in the last year? How many times have you been subpoenaed to court on your arrest cases?
      The BOP experience might get a well written application in the door, but probably not in the pool of applicants to interview or move on with those requirements.
      BOP doesn’t have “Limited” arrest powers, they just enforce different laws then most agency’s. You can say that about any Police Agency then... A cop from one town can’t enforce a Town Ordinance in another town. And a Cop in New York can’t arrest someone for a Misdemeanor in California. Different agency’s Enforce different laws in the scope of law enforcement. Military Cops can’t even carry there badge off the job, that doesn’t mean they are limited...everyone just has a different job to do.

Comment

• in625shooter
        in625shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        Ace, while your right on most of your post (as we mirrored each other) I have to say respectfully the town ordinance comparison is not accurate.

Town ordinance are an infraction where the subject is fined and the city gets 100% of the fee. No Statutory Powers of Arrest is needed as several cities have code enforcement and they only have authority to write Infractions on ordinances

Also some states differ in their laws on arrest. I was a municiple LEO at one time and in my home state Any LEO (state, municiple, county had state wide powers of arrest. Did it happen? Not usually but it was there.

• So I interviewed for mcc in Chicago and my status changed to not hired I don’t have anything on my credit and I’m currently a federal employee my sup and other friend interviewed as well sup didn’t get it but my friend is still in the process but doesn’t want the position so my question is can I apply to other locations or is it a waste of time because I interviewed there???

Comment

• 17Jeep
        17Jeep commented
        Editing a comment
        I would reapply, if your open to moving look at some of those institutions with a recruitment bonus. Also if you get any email asking you to change your preferences to that particular spot put in there as well. I did that to get in and will be transferring soon to a location I had been wanting to go to.

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume you're in the chicago area? Look slightly north to fci oxford. As stated above about inventive. they have an inventive to offer. Once you're in you can lateral later. Oxford would put you about 4 hours from chicago

• Sam1985
        Sam1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took your advice and got a call from Oxford saying to change them to my number one preference

• Just a quick question. When I reapplied to FCC Coleman, my status on USAJobs still says not hired for the BOP. Is that normal or should it have changed back to received?

Comment

• JZ71LT
        JZ71LT commented
        Editing a comment
        USAJobs isn't always the most accurate.. I would email HR and verify that you have an active application. GRA-HRM/[email protected]

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        While I was in the hiring process for BPA USAJobs said I didn't get referred.

• How often does FMC Lexington hire?
      I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• Estill is having a hiring fair Feb 22nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
          How often does FMC Lexington hire?
          Lex doesn't hire Officers very often Just gave a friend that transferred there a call. He said they will run a class of 2 or 2 Officers then nothing for months.

If your Medical they seem to hire more frequently

he did say there's a chance it could increase slightly but don't hold your breath. Lots of staff want to go there so Wardens ge really put out announcement for laterals. Then they are already trained and a win win for a warden

Your best bet for that area is USP Big Sandy or Mcreary as they will always outhire a FMC

Good luck
          Last edited by in625shooter; 02-02-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Knightwolf
            Knightwolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Would already working corrections increase the possibility of getting picked up?

• in625shooter
            in625shooter commented
            Editing a comment
            Knight, if you are BOP yes just let your boss know and they usually know someone at where6you want to go. Word of mouth is a big factor in an institution putting an announcement for Laterals for BOP Reassignment Elegibles.

As far as experience in Corrections if your not currently BOP you have nothing coming or special considerations. Most have to have it to get BQd but they dont care how one gets BQd just that younate. And not me saying this just how it is. No one cares what Jail, prison or system anyone comes from. You start over and have to sort of take your lumps. Just how it's been since 1935.

Good luck

• Can anyone give me any advice on FCI Oxford? Anyone that knows people or anyone that has or does work there. Looks like I will be headed up there soon and wanted to get some details on the Prison and maybe some places to live or just any general advice or info about it.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            Places to live
            Portage
            Wisconsin dells
            Montello
            Plover/ steven's point area(small university in town)
            Oxford
            Baraboo
            Wisconsin Rapids
            Westfield is a compromise close enough to portage and close to the institution in the winter when driving on the unplowed country roads(you will be behind amish buggies sometimes going to work)

Portage has a Walmart, as does Wisconsin dells, and Steven's point. Some of the others don't. Its quite rural. Some of the Cheapest car insurance in the country spends so I'd change over quickly.

• I recently submitted some credit updates to Human Resources and now when I logged on USA jobs my application changed from referred to hired . Does this mean I got the job ?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            They might be closing the certificate and put that there because you're in the process...I'd reach out to hr

• JZ71LT
            JZ71LT commented
            Editing a comment
            My status changed to hired about 3 months before EOD.

• My file was submitted to a investigator at mcc New York on Friday 02/07/20 how long does the background take usually ?

Comment

• in625shooter
            in625shooter commented
            Editing a comment
            They do a interim one to get you started but the main public trust one will not get cleared until somewhere between the 6 and 9 months in.(on average you will always have a few much shorter or longer) A lot depends on how quick the BGI can make contact with former employees, references etc.

As far as hired never take USA Jobs as official. Wait until the HR office formally notifies you a firm offer in writing or E mail
            Last edited by in625shooter; 02-13-2020, 12:14 PM.

• By any chance, is anyone here also waiting to hear back from FCC Coleman? I put that as my first choice few weeks back but still have not heard anything. Just curious.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13404 users online. 335 members and 13069 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X