Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By any chance, is anyone here also waiting to hear back from FCC Coleman? I put that as my first choice few weeks back but still have not heard anything. Just curious.

Comment

• On a different note now that we are now no longer allowed to wear our smart watches in the BOP. I have been looking for a watch that has the usual smart watch functions minus the phone ,text, email function but can not find any. Does anyone know of any watches of that type? My fit bit did not have the capabilities to work as a phone just able to produce phone notifications but I am told I can not even wear it.

Comment

• in625shooter
        in625shooter commented
        Editing a comment
        Respectfully and I say this ad an old school USP trained Hack What the heck for? Your there 8 a couple days for 16 (depending on joint) You'll make it through out the shift. Just dont eat junk food and be out and about. Sort of related but I can't wait til we go back to no internet like it was when I hired in.

• Because I want to be able to monitor my heart rate,keep up with the amount of steps I take each day etc. that's why . I remember not have any internet either I thought it was dumb then not having any internet and think it is dumb now taking the internet. I use the internet a lot for work purposes one big thing I use it for is to Google inmates since we no longer have access to inmates psi's or anything on insight like we once did when all that info was on bopware.

Comment

• Originally posted by bopstaff15 View Post
        Because I want to be able to monitor my heart rate,keep up with the amount of steps I take each day etc. that's why . I remember not have any internet either I thought it was dumb then not having any internet and think it is dumb now taking the internet. I use the internet a lot for work purposes one big thing I use it for is to Google inmates since we no longer have access to inmates psi's or anything on insight like we once did when all that info was on bopware.
        You have access to PSIs just get with a counselor or case/unit manager. You can read the paper version ok n out of section 1 of the inmates central file. Then there's Sentry. As far as internet, staff (some anyway) have shown they can not moderate their screwing off time so it will go other then a couple places terminals like it use to be.

Comment

• dox1842
          dox1842 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sucks. When I was an officer I would surf the net a little here and there in between rounds but I still did my shake downs.

• Several weeks ago I BQ'd immediately after I applied to a continously-open nationwide announcement. Last week I applied to a similar posiion (with exact same experience questions) open just for two weeks, and located at one particular FCI. When I submitted my application it simply acknowledged receipt. It didn't rate my replies to the questions. The app has been "Received" for 8 business days now. Still no ranking. Weird that when applying to the nationwide announcement my app was instantly rated as BQ, while no ranking was received from the same job vacancy on a separate two week announcement at one specific place.

Anyone seen this before? Should I be concerned about a HR systems glitch?
        Last edited by Signal108M; 02-22-2020, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• in625shooter
          in625shooter commented
          Editing a comment
          When it's institutions specific it is usually that way. When your in BOP and apply for say a LT or any other job you won't find out if you BQd and got referred until after the closing date.

Usually around 30 days. Then by rules they have to make a selection by 90 days of the closing date. Some places take 89 days it feels like.
          Last edited by in625shooter; 02-22-2020, 11:23 PM.

• Signal108M
          Signal108M commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Shooter. Grand Prairie referred me 10 business days after the announcement closed.

• New BOP Director is a great selection. He was my warden at Pollock and did an outstanding job.

https://www.bop.gov/about/agency/bio_dir.jsp

Comment

• That’s good to hear. I was happy to see that he has a very strong custody background.

Comment

• I live in Manhattan and while I am currently employed and seeking other LEO jobs, the posting on USAjobs for federal CO keeps popping up. Could anyone here give me a rundown on what life is like at either MCC New York or MDC Brooklyn, and the speed of their hiring process? I know they are desperate for bodies at both these locations so would that equal a faster hiring process?

Comment

• Knightwolf
              Knightwolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Manhattan will call back real quick. You take the computer exam, interview, and medical the same day.

• jchac
              jchac commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm at Brooklyn, its a high pace environment. Msg me if you have direct questions

• Finally got a referral. Fingers crossed!
            I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightwolf View Post
              Finally got a referral. Fingers crossed!
              Just out of curiosity, please post your timeline when you receive the OF-5 form (availability to interview), date you interview, etc. Looking to see if things have speeded up any, although this can be variable and institution-specific.

Comment

• Hello everybody, I am going to be graduating with my 4 year degree within the next 10 months and have been looking into BOP on USAjobs. I just have a few questions:
                1.How difficult is getting hired at MCC New York or MDC Brooklyn?
                2.I have found the pay scale. How do the pay steps work? I know that I would potentially start at Gl-05 but how long does it take to advance pay steps?
                3. How are the promotional opportunities? What are the pay grades for promotions?
                Thank you guys for taking the time out of your day to read my post.

Comment

• JZ71LT
                  JZ71LT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You'll most likely start as a GL 5 step 1. After a year 6-2 and another year 7-3. You have to apply to get your 8.

• Knightwolf
                  Knightwolf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Apply for both. if you get MCC you will do most of the process the same day (computer test, interview, medical) unless they changed the process when I went through it. Make sure you are up to date on any debt or payments it WILL screw you out of the process.

• Camelbak
                  Camelbak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MCC/MDC can be somewhat difficult to get out of the gate. They are in popular locations (big cities) and they generally require less staff than other facilities just because how they operate. JZ71LT and Knightwolf are right on the money about everything else.

Getting into the BOP out of college is a great way to get in the fed system and get some valuable experience. I started at the BOP working at a MCC (San Diego).

• GardenStateCO
                  GardenStateCO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Try Fort Dix

• Thank you guy’s so much for responding to my questions. If anyone else has any answers feel free to Pm me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pissedoff
                  Only a few months on the job with the BOP I found myself deploying OC spray on an inmate. It’s not fun trying to fight an inmate when you can’t breath and hardly see. This was a swift kick in my butt and a wake up call. Working in a USP is definitely fast paced with daily ‘body alarms’, medical emergencies and assaults on staff. At least I now know not to deploy OC spray while standing inside a 8x8 room.
                  Inside outside matters not. every time you deploy OC you will get it nearly as bad as the intended target.
                  You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshal40 View Post

Inside outside matters not. every time you deploy OC you will get it nearly as bad as the intended target.
                    I beg to differ. I have dozens of OC deployments over the years. In sterile environments with no wind, I have mastered the art of not contaminating myself. Now not friendly-firing my coworkers, I still havent figured that one out. If I see a coworker grabbing their spray, thats my que to back off a bit.

Comment

• Marshal40
                      Marshal40 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is the trick isn't it bro?

• Iowa #1603
                      Iowa #1603 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In a custody setting I never had a problem when I DEPLOYED OC. It was when someone else oversprayed and got me.
                      Bottom line is if you OC someone in a custody setting you are going to get contaminated when you go hands on to cuff them up.
                      You learn to be quick and move on fast

I worked for 4 yrs in a Segregation unit where OC was deployed nearly every day.

I don't carry it anymore (on the streets) because I hate the stuff that much from all the exposures I had

• in625shooter
                      in625shooter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Scotty, respectfully that's not what I have seen from being involved in several incidents most at a USP.
                      If they comply sure you can usually keep it off yourself while your cuffing them. However I've had several where OC didn't have desired results so plan B is you go hands on. At that point your gonna get some on you if your the one in the dance.

• OF- 5 came today for Lexington FMC
                    I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3572 users online. 230 members and 3342 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X