Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ****edoff View Post
    This question is for current BOP staff:

Can a GS-6 probationary BOP correctional officer employee apply for a 'non-custody' GS-5 - GS-6 job announcement that was released to the general public within the BOP?
    Yes, We have had folks getbother jobs within the institution before their year Doing a lateral while there might have been one or 2 he last 20 years just do not happen as that is usually listed as a no go in any job announcement. But inhouse stuff yeah

Now wether the Warden selects them and plays a shell game is another story

Comment

• My application status on USA jobs just turned to referred. I put in for Mcc New York, what are my chances? How’s this facility and how’s the morale ? How’s OT . If anyone is able to answer these questions thank you in advance

Comment

• Knightwolf
        Knightwolf commented
        Editing a comment
        You go in to take a computer test. If you pass you do an interview with a Lt an hr person and possibly the deputy warden. If you get through that, you do your physical in the same building on a different floor. Make sure to get your equip done asap.

• themoj0
        themoj0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Say hi to Cadillac Frank for me if you get to the MCC

• AMC1986
        AMC1986 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t work at MCC, but I do work in the NER. We get emails pretty regularly looking for volunteers for temporary reassignment to MCC New York to help alleviate staffing issues and overtime mandates for their officers, so that should give you an indicator. If you start working there, you’re probably going to be working a considerable amount of OT - whether you want to or not. I can’t speak to morale since I don’t work there, but I’ve been told the constant overtime mandates and additional scrutiny in the wake of the high profile inmate that was recently found hanging there have really been taking a toll. But get your foot in the door and after your probationary year you have 120-something other options of facilities around the country to transfer to. Good luck.

• Anyone know what it's like at FCI Herlong? I put them as my second preference to increase chances of getting hired quicker. They just sent me a recruitment letter saying that they need 30 COs and for me to change them to my #1 preference if I'm still interested.

Is it worth it? What is the hiring process like?

Comment

• Hoping to hear something soon, in September HR sent an generic Email to all the applicants saying to apply to the new posting and that they would be getting a list of qualified candidates around Mid October and that they are looking to hire new Officers. Fingers crossed... and yes my app says “Best Qualified”.

Also does anyone have any leads State wise for the North East (Connecticut, Jersey, Mass, Rhode Island) on when they are opening up State Correction job postings?

thanks

Comment

• My USA jobs status changed to "Hired" last Thursday. Does anyone know what a "Hired" status means? According to USA jobs the status means I've accepted the position. But I haven't even gotten an offer to accept. Is it strange that my status jumped from referred to hired, skipping selected? Does the status change when your paperwork has all cleared? And the institution then makes an offer in the near future? What has been everyone else's experience? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Co0311
            Co0311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Co0311; 11-14-2019, 02:13 AM. Reason: answered below

• pissedoff
            pissedoff commented
            Editing a comment
            I started 3 weeks ago and my status still shows referred.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably changed the status because the list was gonna expire that way youd be locked in moving forward

• Originally posted by grass_34 View Post
          My USA jobs status changed to "Hired" last Thursday. Does anyone know what a "Hired" status means? According to USA jobs the status means I've accepted the position. But I haven't even gotten an offer to accept. Is it strange that my status jumped from referred to hired, skipping selected? Does the status change when your paperwork has all cleared? And the institution then makes an offer in the near future? What has been everyone else's experience? Thanks in advance.
          My status changed to hired on USA jobs about 3 months before my EOD, and a couple weeks before my conditional offer.

Comment

• As of yesterday, my status changed to referred on USAJobs. Hopefully this means I will hear something soon. I put Danbury as my first choice.

Comment

• MrAce
              MrAce commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here, I put Danbury as well. Hope we get interviews man!

• Do people who get “Referred” usually get an interview? If so how long after do they contact you? And how do they contact you?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAce View Post
              Do people who get “Referred” usually get an interview? If so how long after do they contact you? And how do they contact you?
              Not a guarantee but you have to get a BQ to get referred once referred as mentioned 100 times in this thread they usually interview 3 people for every opening Isually. The exception is at a hard to fill complex they have more spots than applicants one would probably be Interviewed. The rule, At a stand alone if they have 3 spots open 9 people get picked to I interviewe but say 20 are on the list that's 11 that won't get called.

My suggestion reach out and call the HR and politely ask whem/if and it could gelp.

What won't help is don't be that guy/gal and call every day or week. Touch base then wait about 3 weeks and follow up.

Good Luck

Comment

• MrAce
                MrAce commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the info, hope they look at resumes when calling people in for the interviews.. fingers crossed

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12684 users online. 495 members and 12189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X