300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Keyturner View Post

Sometimes prisons that really need people will post individual announcements that you can apply to. Other than that, not that I know of.
    Not sure if you ment this but let me explain it a little further. The announcements for the Indiidual institutions are for BOP employees wanting a lateral transfer. Not for people off the street to come Into

Those will state in the Eligiblility section "Current BOP employees or reinstatement eligibles"

The jobs for specific institutions will state "Open to the public" but they are usually other than CO positions like HVAC, Teacher, Nurse or some other specialty
    Last edited by in625shooter; 10-12-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Keyturner
      Keyturner commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I got hired when an institution opened an announcement just for that particular institution. It was for COs. You don't see them often but it does happen.

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      in 20 years the only time I have seen that is when an institution was activating. so you were a rate case.

The latest "story" is there is talk of putting the hiring back on the individual institutions like they did prior to Grand Prarie activating in 2007 ish However it won't be soo because the New/Old director just put out info that came hey are hiring additional staff in Geand Prarie's staffing office ro help so they can the hire more staff at institutions faster than they are

• pissedoff
      pissedoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for the CO job for one specific location a few months ago and I just got my start date. I am not sure if this is rare but I was able to apply for the one location that the announcement stated.

• Anyone know if recency of an arrest (charge was dismissed) will factor into determining a firm offer? Arrested in June, charge dismissed, then interviewed in Sept. I fully disclosed the charge to HR in my initial paperwork, and showed it had been dropped/dismissed. I know its up to the warden on who inevitably gets the green light for firm offers. I know the arrest is a red flag. So that concerns me. I will say I've continued in the hiring process. Is it uncommon for an applicant to be pushed thru to the warden then the warden see a red flag and decide not to push ahead with an offer?

Comment

• Knightwolf
      Knightwolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Dont worry, i had 2 arrest that got dismissed and still got past the process, you disclosed so u should be ok. They know mistaken identity and other things happen so an arrest doesnt disqualify you, the outcome does.
      Last edited by Knightwolf; 10-15-2019, 04:18 AM.

• Anyone hear back from this newest Oct 1st job posting?

Comment

• Knightwolf
      Knightwolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Its still a little early, i figure by Jan-Feb we will start getting updates

• Johnny4x4
      Johnny4x4 commented
      Editing a comment
      jan or feb? lol

• Knightwolf
      Knightwolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, i was TRYING to be optimistic!

• themoj0
      themoj0 commented
      Editing a comment
      a few months isint bad. 5 years ago, i applied, and it was 12 months before i got the call...and thats being a 10pt disabled veteran with real world LEO exp.

• Looks like Trump is gonna shut the government down. Again. Which will of course delay all the new hires. Like we haven't waited enough. BS. I really hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• pissedoff
      pissedoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I start Monday so I think I will just make it.

• Originally posted by grass_34 View Post
    Looks like Trump is gonna shut the government down. Again. Which will of course delay all the new hires. Like we haven't waited enough. BS. I really hope I'm pleasantly surprised.
    I wouldn't believe all the crap just yet. Union fear mongering. The CR goes through November 21 and there are several bills this week hitting the House so we shall see.

http://www.crfb.org/blogs/appropriations-watch-fy-2020

Comment

• Hey Shooter, have you heard about internet being taken away from custody this coming January? I hope not. We are short nearly 30 staff, I bet more might quit with this!

Comment

• Yungstar713
        Yungstar713 commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt it. Our emails and truscope require internet so that would be a hard thing to get away with.

• I hope you’re right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wentwestco View Post
        Hey Shooter, have you heard about internet being taken away from custody this coming January? I hope not. We are short nearly 30 staff, I bet more might quit with this!
        Just rumor mill stuff. I wish they would take it away. People are way to attached to their computer. As far as e mail and Truscope that's all intranet. Of course there's ru.ors of getting away from Truscope too as it's a joke.

Of course I remember 20 years ago then only computers were the LTs office and Control and we managed just fine.

And people won't quit over no internet. They will blow hot air for a minute then they will get in line and shut up.

Comment

• When I started 17 years ago every post had a computer but did not have internet access even most .gov sites were blocked. If they did away with the internet it would benefit the BOP unfortunately a select few just sits in their offices all day and play online.

Comment

• It seems the BOP is trying to mass hire every were .I know at my prison we have hired 15 Officers just recently and they are trying to hire 20 in total. Mission critical killed the BOP worst thing ever seems like since mission critical each year our number of allotted staff keeps getting smaller.

Comment

• From a supervisors stand point I would recommend people use the BOP as a stepping point get hired then move on to another LEO agency. The BOP has changed since I hired in and the change is not for the good.

Comment

• dox1842
                dox1842 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can you elaborate on that more? What kind of changes?

• I cant see them taking away internet access. Too many people on MW doing school work. I can see blocking more websites though.
              Not gonna lie though...thanks to the internet, ive been able to make some last second, emergency purchases on Amazon

Comment

• Doing school work on government time would be one the very reason for them to do away with the internet. As far as changes more hug a thug, very political now far as promotions just some the things that have changed for the worse.

Comment

• Anyone know of or hear of any upcoming "Direct Hire" postings for Correctional Officer in CA?

Comment

• This question is for current BOP staff:

Can a GS-6 probationary BOP correctional officer employee apply for a 'non-custody' GS-5 - GS-6 job announcement that was released to the general public within the BOP?

Comment

• themoj0
                      themoj0 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, i know its possible to go from Gs-6 prob. to a WG non custody post. We had a prob. period CO go into food service.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6875 users online. 389 members and 6486 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X