Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOP Correctional Officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I figured out the application, filled one out. What’s the next step after submitting and app? I’m not familiar with this process at all. CBP didn’t work out so I’m giving this a shot

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MrAce View Post
      I figured out the application, filled one out. What’s the next step after submitting and app? I’m not familiar with this process at all. CBP didn’t work out so I’m giving this a shot
      You should get a rating back. It has to be BQ aka Best Qualified t ok get referred for an interview. If it's anything but BQ resubmit it and tweak your job experience narrative to reflect the KSA's. ARTICULATE articulate articulate

      Comment


      • MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the info! Do they usually get back to you fast or is it just luck of the draw on interviews?

    • I am so happy I stumbled on the BOP corrections officer VRA announcement and I applied for it. A month later I was sent a form to sign that I was still interested in the job. I sent it in the next day and figured it would be months before I heard back. Well I was wrong and I got a call from the HR lady a few days later telling me the day and time to show up for the interview. So I drove an hour to the facility at about 8 AM and I was expecting to do the panel interview and be out the door. Well that didn't go as I thought and was there for 6 hours doing the written test, fingerprints, filling put paperwork, panel interview, full medical to include a hearing test and urinalysis (drug) test.

      One week passed and I get the e-mail to log in to the OPM web site (e-Qip) to complete my background.

      At this point I am done with all the steps and just waiting for my background to clear (that should be easy since I have held a confidential, secret and a Top Secret clearance in the past. When I logged in the e-Qip site I was shocked to see all my information was still there from my last TS clearance update) and a start date. I am shocked to see how fast this is moving for me. The entire process from the day I applied to today was less than 45 days.
      Last edited by pissedoff; 09-12-2019, 10:35 PM.

      Comment


      • dox1842
        dox1842 commented
        Editing a comment
        im shocked too. It took me damn near 8 months to get hired. They really are hurting for people and my facility is having an IF class every new pay period

    • Originally posted by pissedoff View Post
      I am so happy I stumbled on the BOP corrections officer VRA announcement and I applied for it. A month later I was sent a form to sign that I was still interested in the job. I sent it in the next day and figured it would be months before I heard back. Well I was wrong and I got a call from the HR lady a few days later telling me the day and time to show up for the interview. So I drove an hour to the facility at about 8 AM and I was expecting to do the panel interview and be out the door. Well that didn't go as I thought and was there for 6 hours doing the written test, fingerprints, filling put paperwork, panel interview, full medical to include a hearing test and urinalysis (drug) test.

      One week passed and I get the e-mail to log in to the OPM web site (e-Qip) to complete my background.

      At this point I am done with all the steps and just waiting for my background to clear (that should be easy since I have held a confidential, secret and a Top Secret clearance in the past. When I logged in the e-Qip site I was shocked to see all my information was still there from my last TS clearance update) and a start date. I am shocked to see how fast this is moving for me. The entire process from the day I applied to today was less than 45 days.
      You are one of the few that caught it just at the right time.

      Good luck

      Comment


      • Hey hope everyone is doing well and they had a good weekend. Could anyone tell me which facilities would have the best chance of being hired at? I know the announcements say that there are many vacancies everywhere but I want to know which ones would give me the best chance of getting called. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

        Comment


        • ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.bop.gov/locations/list.jsp

          Any of the complexes. (FCC)
          Those are locations that have multiple facilities. (FCI Low, FCI Medium, & USP High and some have Camps as well.)

        • A300!
          A300! commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate your response, but I was wondering if anyone has heard through the grape vine of any facilities who are seriously hiring. I just don't want to find myself choosing a facility when I apply and then wait out the whole length of the announcement and not hear back from anybody.

      • I went through the process with BOP recently and my status changed from “referred” to “hired” on USAJOBS almost a month ago. Have not yet received firm offer or EOD. Anyone ever have a similar experience? What was the outcome?

        Comment


        • ChrisQuirolo
          ChrisQuirolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you apply to multiple facilities or only one??
          I'd email HR and check your SPAM folder...

      • Originally posted by User00000 View Post
        I went through the process with BOP recently and my status changed from “referred” to “hired” on USAJOBS almost a month ago. Have not yet received firm offer or EOD. Anyone ever have a similar experience? What was the outcome?
        That’s great news. Congratulations

        Comment


        • I applied to one facility. I spoke with HR about a week after the status change who indicated I was in the pipeline for a firm offer and that they were finalizing paperwork. My more general question is whether or not the “hired” status is meaningful in that has anyone besides dh2321(?) had their status changed to “hired” before getting a firm offer/EOD and if so, how long was it between “hired” and actually getting an EOD?

          Comment


          • JZ71LT
            JZ71LT commented
            Editing a comment
            From the day my status changed to hired on USA jobs, it took 3 months until my EOD.

          • Desh-41
            Desh-41 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m in the same exact boat. Status changed to “Hired”, called HR to confirm this. Said I would get my firm offer “soon” after paperwork was finalized. That was over 2 weeks ago, after the initial EOD date I was given. Since then it has been delayed... we’ll see.

        • Thanks JZ71LT and Desh-41 for your replies. Good to know there's some precedent for this out there. As many wise posts have stated on this and other forums, "Hurry up, sit down, wait, repeat."

          Comment


            • So I have a question for the experienced guys here. I just interviewed and fingerprinted for BOP. I have a good friend who talked to the warden and Lt who did my interview and they both tell him I did well and that they'll make sure I get on. So just awaiting the call for the drug screen and med eval. The SF85 has worried me to death. My last job (federal) I left under mutual agreement under allegations of unsatisfactory performance. I was accused of sleeping on duty. This was absolutely untrue. I had worked there for 10 years and they way they handled it put a bad taste in my mouth. I knew or felt extremely confident in me getting on with the BOP since I have former state corrections experience, so I just decided to give my notice, resign and leave. No recourse was taken against me due to the allegation. I was not counseled or reprimanded. I left on my own terms. Nevertheless, to be in full disclosure I'm stating on my 85, that I left under mutual agreement under allegations. I wasn't told I was gonna be fired nor was I fired. My last day was 14 Sept. Since, I have talked to my old boss and members of the Union who insist that I don't even need to put that, and that I simply gave notice and resigned . but I'm afraid of how I should approach and disclose it. The fed system is sometimes cutthroat and you can't always trust former supervisors. I don't want to make any mistakes and screw this up
            • This job and opportunity means to much to me and my family. I know that I'm gonna be questioned as to why I left regardless. So I'm not sure how to approach it. Or how I will be viewed. I'm afraid me just leaving, is gonna look like to an investigator that I left before I got fired. Which isn't the case. And I feel like my former employer will say the same when they're questioned. Any input at all will be greatly appreciated.

            Comment


            • ChrisQuirolo
              ChrisQuirolo commented
              Editing a comment
              If there are no counseling's or reprimands you should be fine. I guess it will come down to who your investigator talks to and if those individuals liked you or have it out for you.

          • I bet you’ll be ok. We had two former feds get hired by us, and they were both fired. One for releasing protected information, another for mental health issues.

            Comment


            • dox1842
              dox1842 commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you elaborate more? The protected information one - im guessing he talked to the press? As for the mental health issues... I know at my facility you really have to act out to get fired.

          • He released data from Fed sources to a political campaign rep. He meant well, but it bit him hard.
            As for the other guy, yes, probably was extreme. He might have got meds or help, but was unable to get his previous LE gig back. We now have him, he seems odd, but yet a good worker. Lord knows we need all the help we can get, we are so short staffed.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wentwestco View Post
              I bet you’ll be ok. We had two former feds get hired by us, and they were both fired. One for releasing protected information, another for mental health issues.
              Holy crap. I know a guy who was basically fired for the same thing.
              Last edited by pissedoff; 09-21-2019, 09:06 PM.

              Comment


              • Another thing. In June of this year (3 months ago) my now ex wife (final in July) made a statement and comments about me, and I was arrested for wanton endangerment. 7 days later I went to court and she recanted and retracted her statements and dropped the charge. So it was dismissed and I'm cleared. I'm now waiting on a drug screen call from BOP. I disclosed this issue during the interview process and explained it. What are the chances that I will be called and this Incident will not be viewed negatively enough to warrant a drug screen and impending job offer.

                Comment


                • pissedoff
                  pissedoff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would think since the charges were dropped you were not convicted of a crime you should be fine. Now that’s just a guess.

              • Originally posted by grass_34 View Post
                Another thing. In June of this year (3 months ago) my now ex wife (final in July) made a statement and comments about me, and I was arrested for wanton endangerment. 7 days later I went to court and she recanted and retracted her statements and dropped the charge. So it was dismissed and I'm cleared. I'm now waiting on a drug screen call from BOP. I disclosed this issue during the interview process and explained it. What are the chances that I will be called and this Incident will not be viewed negatively enough to warrant a drug screen and impending job offer.
                Since you disclosed it and it was favorable as you say then your good. You might get asked at the face to face interview it don't sweat it.

                Bit of advice and respectfully find someone dependable and pm. Putting drama out in a public forum never is a good idea.

                Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 10242 users online. 339 members and 9903 guests.

                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X