Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured out the application, filled one out. What’s the next step after submitting and app? I’m not familiar with this process at all. CBP didn’t work out so I’m giving this a shot

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAce View Post
      I figured out the application, filled one out. What’s the next step after submitting and app? I’m not familiar with this process at all. CBP didn’t work out so I’m giving this a shot
      You should get a rating back. It has to be BQ aka Best Qualified t ok get referred for an interview. If it's anything but BQ resubmit it and tweak your job experience narrative to reflect the KSA's. ARTICULATE articulate articulate

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the info! Do they usually get back to you fast or is it just luck of the draw on interviews?

• I am so happy I stumbled on the BOP corrections officer VRA announcement and I applied for it. A month later I was sent a form to sign that I was still interested in the job. I sent it in the next day and figured it would be months before I heard back. Well I was wrong and I got a call from the HR lady a few days later telling me the day and time to show up for the interview. So I drove an hour to the facility at about 8 AM and I was expecting to do the panel interview and be out the door. Well that didn't go as I thought and was there for 6 hours doing the written test, fingerprints, filling put paperwork, panel interview, full medical to include a hearing test and urinalysis (drug) test.

One week passed and I get the e-mail to log in to the OPM web site (e-Qip) to complete my background.

At this point I am done with all the steps and just waiting for my background to clear (that should be easy since I have held a confidential, secret and a Top Secret clearance in the past. When I logged in the e-Qip site I was shocked to see all my information was still there from my last TS clearance update) and a start date. I am shocked to see how fast this is moving for me. The entire process from the day I applied to today was less than 45 days.
      Last edited by pissedoff; 09-12-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pissedoff View Post
        I am so happy I stumbled on the BOP corrections officer VRA announcement and I applied for it. A month later I was sent a form to sign that I was still interested in the job. I sent it in the next day and figured it would be months before I heard back. Well I was wrong and I got a call from the HR lady a few days later telling me the day and time to show up for the interview. So I drove an hour to the facility at about 8 AM and I was expecting to do the panel interview and be out the door. Well that didn't go as I thought and was there for 6 hours doing the written test, fingerprints, filling put paperwork, panel interview, full medical to include a hearing test and urinalysis (drug) test.

One week passed and I get the e-mail to log in to the OPM web site (e-Qip) to complete my background.

At this point I am done with all the steps and just waiting for my background to clear (that should be easy since I have held a confidential, secret and a Top Secret clearance in the past. When I logged in the e-Qip site I was shocked to see all my information was still there from my last TS clearance update) and a start date. I am shocked to see how fast this is moving for me. The entire process from the day I applied to today was less than 45 days.
        You are one of the few that caught it just at the right time.

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4911 users online. 200 members and 4711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X