Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is appropriate attire for when u go in for the medical/UA?

Comment

• JZ71LT
      JZ71LT commented
      Editing a comment
      I wore a dress shirt and slacks.

• in625shooter
      in625shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Business casual, just try not to wear anything Khaki in color and as silly as it sounds to have to tell new people they still do it.

Good luck

• Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I BQd for GS-5 Correctional Officer (Non-Vereran) in June 2019, and I selected Victorville, CA as first choice and Los Angeles Metropolitan as my second choice. I've tried to stay in contact with HR, but was told that they (Victorville) are only taking veterans at this time.

Anyone have any insights on the process for civilians and maybe another facility I should inquire with? Do I wait for the call for an interview?

I'm very interested in getting hired by BOP as I know it can kickstart other federal and/or local LE careers. I am trying to stay local, because I have a kid, but if need be, I'll relocate for the long run benefit.

Thank You for any help in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjwright95 View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I BQd for GS-5 Correctional Officer (Non-Vereran) in June 2019, and I selected Victorville, CA as first choice and Los Angeles Metropolitan as my second choice. I've tried to stay in contact with HR, but was told that they (Victorville) are only taking veterans at this time.

Anyone have any insights on the process for civilians and maybe another facility I should inquire with? Do I wait for the call for an interview?

I'm very interested in getting hired by BOP as I know it can kickstart other federal and/or local LE careers. I am trying to stay local, because I have a kid, but if need be, I'll relocate for the long run benefit.

Thank You for any help in advance!
      Not sure why Victorviille is Vet only, last I was aware they were really hurting g for staff numbers.

As far as actively hir iij ng I k ow Miman Michigan is having a large ho. Fair o. The 22nd coming up, Florence CO is always interviewing, Coleman Florida and probably a few others AFA local in Cali I'd say your other options would be Mwndota, Atwater and maybe Herlong. Not sure about how often LA, San Diego and Lompoc or Dublin hire. Hopefully someone with more insight there will know and pipe in

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Not sure why Victorviille is Vet only, last I was aware they were really hurting g for staff numbers.

As far as actively hir iij ng I k ow Miman Michigan is having a large ho. Fair o. The 22nd coming up, Florence CO is always interviewing, Coleman Florida and probably a few others AFA local in Cali I'd say your other options would be Mwndota, Atwater and maybe Herlong. Not sure about how often LA, San Diego and Lompoc or Dublin hire. Hopefully someone with more insight there will know and pipe in

Good luck
        Thank you! Coincidentally, I was called by Victorville HR today to discuss the hiring process. HR is only accepting BQ GS-6 for Non-Veterans at this time and at the time of the call, I only was HQ for GS-6. They suggested that I reevaluate my assessment to see if I can score a BQ for GS-6 and call back (to which I did review and resubmit my assessment, without lying...I guess I just under evaluated my experience initially). Hopefully I can start the process soon now that I BQd for both GS-5 and GS-6. I will provide updates along the way.

Comment

• Haven't seen a timeline posted in awhile. Here's mine for info. I forget when I applied to the 2018 job announcement, but I never heard anything from it.

9/2018 - Applied to 2019 announcement
          4/18/19 - OF-5 submitted
          4/26/19 - CVA, interview, fingerprints
          5/17/19 - COE, UA/Physical
          5/21/19 - Received EQIP and completed
          7/18/19 - Background interview
          8/2/19- Firm offer received
          8/18/19- EOD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5123 users online. 209 members and 4914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X