Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has nothing to do with the current discussion but I figured I'd share anyway, because that's what O.com is all about.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a big rock concert with a high school buddy. Beforehand, we met up with some other friends of his for food and drinks, including another high school buddy I haven't seen since graduation, which was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

The other buddy tells me he's been a CO for two decades at the only psychiatric prison in the state. The list of crimes that put people there reads like a horror movie convention... cannibalism, sexual homicide, serial killers, maternal infanticide, on and on.

I extend my hand and tell him that anyone who can face that population, day after day for twenty years, has my utmost respect.

His response: thanks for the sentiment, but it's the easiest CO gig in the prison system, because thorazine has everyone zombied out....
    I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

• Thanks Rat. The BOP no longer uses Thorazine as it causes brain deterioration

Comment

• I never quite understood that.

Comment

• What did it get replaced with?
          I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
            What did it get replaced with?
            Tattoos...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Not being a pharmacist or Psychologist, I don’t know the specifics. The Docs say that they now have a few different meds, but they aren’t as powerful, or as long acting. Of course, we only have true psych cases in our detention facility. They are they for psych eval by our forensic psych team. Those inmates can be a real PITA.

Comment

• what are the pros and cons of FMC forth worth and USP Beaumont?

have them as my choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
                  what are the pros and cons of FMC forth worth and USP Beaumont?

have them as my choices.
                  FMC fort worth not a lot of inmate drama but some OT. Beaumont a ton of inmate drama and staff drama as well as OT wether you want OT or not.

Comment

• Just got my EOD date of August, 19th for FMC Carswell! Anybody familiar with the institution? What can I expect for my first couple of weeks on the job?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOPnewbie View Post
                      Just got my EOD date of August, 19th for FMC Carswell! Anybody familiar with the institution? What can I expect for my first couple of weeks on the job?
                      Your first 2 weeks will be a class called Institution Familiarization aka IF. Your first half day will be overwhelming with shining mountains of paperwork. IF will give you a lesson in BOP mission, and a lot of SOP stuff on how stuff is generally as well as your specific institution. Ours follows up with a week of (week 3) all OJT shadowing different posts. Then they turn you on your bbn own but each institution can tweak it a little so milage may vary.

side not you are not covered legally under LEOSA until you qualify on firearms at Glynco

Good Luck

Comment

• BOPnewbie
                        BOPnewbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you! Any word on Glynco dates being slower than usual? Or is BOP staying within their 60-day suggested window at the moment?

• in625shooter
                        in625shooter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        BOP hasn't been able to hold that 60 day rule for a few years. I believe its somewhere around 4-6 months for most folks now give or take a few exceptions

• Did my Eqip as well as UA/physical back in May. Just had my interview with the investigator last week . I know a couple references have been interviewed as well . Hoping to hear something soon. Learning to hurry up and wait lol.

Comment

• BOPnewbie
                        BOPnewbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I met with my background investigator on June, 26th and received my firm written offer with EOD on July, 16th. Which institution will you be headed to?

• JZ71LT
                        JZ71LT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did you receive the firm offer in the mail or email?
                        Last edited by JZ71LT; 08-27-2019, 09:41 PM.

• BOPnewbie
                        BOPnewbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I received it by email. They gave me a phone call a few days before to make sure I was able to start on the day they were shooting for. Best of luck!

• JZ71LT
                        JZ71LT commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds good thank you!

• I was told of a unofficial target EOD date for next week, but I have still not received the official firm offer. Is there still a chance I may receive that offer for that date or is there a possibility they changed the IF date and that's why I haven't received the firm offer yet?
                      Last edited by Lmtmat8294; 07-25-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lmtmat8294 View Post
                        I was told of a unofficial target EOD date for next week, but I have still not received the official firm offer. Is there still a chance I may receive that offer for that date or is there a possibility they changed the IF date and that's why I haven't received the firm offer yet?
                        Don't know if I am misreading but, You might get word of when you start next week but you won't start next week as it's the middle of a pay period. Always at the beginning of a pay which next pay period starts Aug 4th then Aug 18th etc

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Don't know if I am misreading but, You might get word of when you start next week but you won't start next week as it's the middle of a pay period. Always at the beginning of a pay which next pay period starts Aug 4th then Aug 18th etc
                          Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Do they sometimes give less then two weeks notice?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11788 users online. 413 members and 11375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X