Clear All

• is the BI the same for BOP and CBP?

Comment

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      BOP - SF85P
      CBP - SF86
      The BOP does the background investigation DURING your first year. Makes no sense...
      And then every 5 years there after. Though its not as intrusive as CBP, they will still talk to your neighbors, references, and previous employers.

• dox1842
      dox1842 commented
      Editing a comment
      "The BOP does the background investigation DURING your first year. Makes no sense.."

Not for everyone. I had to wait for mine to be complete before I started working but I had two co-workers that started before theirs was complete and they got walked out for lying.

I think it depends on how short staffed an institution is.

• dangerr101
      dangerr101 commented
      Editing a comment
      1. So do you have to accept the job with BOP before the BI is done or can you tell them that you want to wait till BI is completed and then accept the job?

2. Are all SF-86 more rigorous than an SF-85P? does that mean the BI for TSA is more intrusive than the BOP?
      Last edited by dangerr101; 05-31-2019, 04:16 PM.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't talk to my BOP investigator until after I came back from FLETC. Hired Nov 25th, FLETC in Apr 8-26. BI in May 2.

• Hey all - I was recently DQ’d from the background process with my local Sheriff’s Department for “Decision Making and Judgment.” There’s nothing horrible in my background, just a few bad choices in recent years. Is BOP any more lenient with backgrounds than a PD/SD would be?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
      Rmodel1965 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would depend on the circumstances and the time that has passed more than likely. All you can do is apply and see

• dox1842
      dox1842 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you go into further details? I had the same issue with the sheriffs office but I now work for the bureau. Good thing it happened because now I make double the pay.

• superschooler
      superschooler commented
      Editing a comment
      dox1842 I’ll PM you

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      The BOP is a lot more lenient and a lot less intrusive in the background process.

• Does anyone have any insight on FMC Forth Worth? morale?

Comment

• that about 25% who apply don't fully complete the process or quit before their first year is up
      Yeah the job isn't for everybody. I honestly don't know if im fortunate or what but I honestly think its not that bad.

Comment

• Co0311
        Co0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's really not bad when you compare it to other workloads/ pay. Lots of mobility available, best retirement relative to your pay, great annual/ sick leave amounts, and after 6-10 years (depending on your institution) you can practically pick any schedule you want. Even 2-3 years in, if you're realistic. I was 100/160 on the roster and was able to get 2-10pm with Thurs/ Fri off for three quarters in a row. Perfect schedule for someone without a family. And if you want to go somewhere that requires a degree, just work nights and do your homework then. Saw a handful of guys go that route too.
        Last edited by Co0311; 05-16-2019, 06:38 PM.

• dox1842
        dox1842 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's really not bad when you compare it to other workloads/ pay.
        I think its more of the nature of corrections. Being around the bottom rung of society - drug addicts, child molesters, ect. Seeing dead bodies or the results of suicide.

• Finished my UA/Physical yesterday. Hoping to hear back soon!

Comment

• Anybody have any information on FCI Otisville or FCI Fort Dix?

Comment

• Originally posted by JZ71LT View Post
          Finished my UA/Physical yesterday. Hoping to hear back soon!
          keep us updated! You already got the job. Now just sit back and wait

Comment

• Can anyone give any info on unit secretaries? Job duties? Schedule? Are they there for more administrative duties or security?

Comment

• Co0311
              Co0311 commented
              Editing a comment
              Administrative duties, but if their office is connected to the cell blocks (like they were at USP Florence), then you'll be responding to fights and whatnot.

Also, if the institution is understaffed (like many are), you might be pulled to work a cellblock, SHU, or elsewhere.
              Last edited by Co0311; 05-22-2019, 10:02 PM.

• Originally posted by Msmith77 View Post
            Can anyone give any info on unit secretaries? Job duties? Schedule? Are they there for more administrative duties or security?
            And for those that don't know Secretaries still fall under the LE coverage and attend Glynco and qualify on firearms etc. Schedule is Mon-Fridayon 8's however somewhere there might be a few on compressed 4 10 he days. They do a lit of the paperwork for unit team and court stuff. Several use that as a gateway to AW or Wardens secretary or even case management

Comment

• dox1842
              dox1842 commented
              Editing a comment
              I just applied for the warden's secretary. I hope I get picked up. It would be nice to be gl8 and work m-f

• FCC Coleman is hiring over 100 positions
            VRA, Public, transfer etc
            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Hello all. Applied for BOP yesterday and my NOR said qualified then underneath had “NV” written. Any idea if that means anything? Also, is the agency strict on poor credit or driving record? No dui/dwi or anything. Just lost my job for 4 months and had parking tickets pile up which caused suspensions and my credit to drop a ton. I’m working on fixing my credit but it will take some time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I applied for Miami and dade prisons.

Comment

• Mhuck
                Mhuck commented
                Editing a comment
                What you want to get is "Best Qualified" and NV means non-veteran. And the agency takes a big look at credit. They do not want to have people that they think may be susceptible to bribes etc (not saying you would be). The best thing you can do is show that you have payment plans installed and a plan to fix everything so that they know you are being responsible with your finances. It makes it look a ton better. I am not too sure how they would look at your driving record or the suspension etc. Maybe someone else on the website can shed some better light on that than I can. Good luck.

• in625shooter
                in625shooter commented
                Editing a comment
                Ad Mhuck stated you have to be rated "BQ" or you WILL BOT get referred for an Interview. Also if your credit is super low tats a no go as well. I k ow ots slightly more lax now than 20 years ago when I hired in but credit is still one of the biggest factors.

Redo the app until you BQ. Don't lie but it's usually how you finesse the words.

Good luck

• in625shooter Mhuck thanks for the information. Best I got is highly qualified but I don’t want to lie on the questions. I read them again and realized I could change to those answers. I do have payment plans in place with all of my debt. Hopefully they would take that in to consideration.

Comment

• in625shooter
                in625shooter commented
                Editing a comment
                Make sure your job experience narratives jive with the answers. That's part of it too. Like I said finesse the verbiage WITHOUT fibbing. AFA credits having a record of agreement can satisfy a lot of issues. Life happens and they know that so.sometimes you just have to be able to explain. It and show your satisfying or attempting to take care of it.

• Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
              FCC Coleman is hiring over 100 positions
              VRA, Public, transfer etc

Is that this month or just in general moving forward? I received best qualified and referred in USAJOBS but nothing else.

Comment

• I was told that by the HR manager. Quick process, BI will start after you start unless you push the date, you'll complete it prior. Check your spam email for any forms.
                "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• FCI Englewood in Denver needs to hire about 20. They have gotten direct hire authority under the VRA, if you have a campaign badge, or have been discharged within the last three years, you can apply. We hear that issues have been, hot UAs and credit.
                  If you look up the criteria for Veterans Readjustment Hiring Act it should tell you what you need to know.

Comment

• dox1842
                    dox1842 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At USP Atlanta we have had issues with UAs and credit as well.

• 17Jeep
                    17Jeep commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How’s the ot down that way? Wouldn’t mind a lateral over there but the cost living seems kind of high.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9927 users online. 481 members and 9446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X