300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

Generally even if you were too BQ for both the 5 and 6 it doesn't matter. Almost every Warden only starts everyone out as a 5 even if you BQd as a 6. They save money and has been in practice since around d 2009.

The issue with places like Chicago is people can make the same if not more than BOP on any area PD or oril vs in rural Indiana, Kansas etc BOP makes 2 1/2 times more than DOC or even a lot of PD's.

So their lists might not be the same as other places which if you have the experience and college yiu shoukd stand out provided you get an interview and oass the test they do now.

Good luck
    Thank you. Yes I have a bachelors degree and 3 years DOC experience at the state level. I hope to get the call or an email or something soon! I am becoming impatient

Comment

• I have just finished the first phase and received a conditional hire for completion of the first phase about a week ago. My question is how long will it take for me to get a start date?

Comment

• Corrections12
        Corrections12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took about 3 to 4 months for me

• Do they pay base salary on top of locality pay, what would be the estimated salary of someone just getting in?

Thanks

Comment

• You can go to OPM.gov and look up the salaries
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Hello,
          Submitted my application for BOP and chose Tallahassee, FL and Marianna, FL because I reside close by.
          I am open to working anywhere initially. Any thoughts on locations to list if I were to edit my application? Wish an option was available to be considered for any location.
          College grad / 4 years Sheriff Office.
          Thanks to all responses.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ausp Thompson, or any FCC with a pen. like Pollock, yazoo etc

• Achyuta
            Achyuta commented
            Editing a comment
            Go ahead and rule out/change Marianna, it is going to be down for a long time due to hurricane damage. It was brutal down there.

• ctoles86
            ctoles86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I changed my 1st preference to Coleman. BQ candidate so ill sit back and wait. Thanks

• Reddevil2006
            Reddevil2006 commented
            Editing a comment
            FCI Sandstone in MN is always hiring!

• I haven't read through the last 278 pages, but does BOP use SF-86 or SF-85? Also any info on the Oral Board?

Comment

• Hey sorry to bother yall. One of my friends and I are trying to figure out how much we will bring home on our checks every 2 weeks. I start out at 41,187 a year. I put 7% in my TSP starting out and picked the basic self insurance that takes out 70 dollars a check. I heard around 1,175 to 1200 every 2 weeks. Could someone let me know? Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrections12 View Post
              Hey sorry to bother yall. One of my friends and I are trying to figure out how much we will bring home on our checks every 2 weeks. I start out at 41,187 a year. I put 7% in my TSP starting out and picked the basic self insurance that takes out 70 dollars a check. I heard around 1,175 to 1200 every 2 weeks. Could someone let me know? Thank you

gonna depend on if you're gonna get night differential and Sunday pay. I think I started around 5% and I brought home a little over 1000 every 2 weeks. I started at 39k a year. Put as much as you can in tsp. 731$ a pay period just work a couple of overtimes to make it happen. Beginning of my third year I maxed my tsp. Put everything in to US equities. So C and S funds. Dont put anything into lifecycles!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rmodel1965 View Post

Beginning of my third year I maxed my tsp.
                Now when you say that do you mean you are putting $19,000 a year in? That is the maximum you can contribute.

Comment

• Rmodel1965
                  Rmodel1965 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. The max you can put in

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10378 users online. 309 members and 10069 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X