300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
    Well shut down is running and annual leave is canceled.

Anyone taking sick leave during this shut down? How did it work last time, did they just put it back on the books for you once the shutdown ended?
    In 2013 they threatened everyone but don't remember. Last year people went I. Leave anyway and used sick leave and they all got paid for annual leave and sick leave but did not get charged. I'm on leave and was gone before the shutdown and no one has called so looks like I will get paid and bot be charged days LOK

Comment

• Corrections12
      Corrections12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey I’m new to the forum. Just wondering if you can still get a firm offer during a partial government shutdown? I’ve got my conditional offer just waiting on my firm

• jayrose92 I appreciate your advice however I do not want to stay with the state of Illinois. Yes I make more than feds do starting off but I am wanting to do feds for other reasons. I would like to get my security clearance on the fed level and maybe move up to the marshalls or some other federal agency. Illinois is the most corrupt state and I do not like working for it. I do not even get the raises that I was promised. At least on the federal level I will get raises.

Comment

• If anyone could help me out on that, would be awesome! Just wondering if you can still get a firm offer during a partial government shutdown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrections12 View Post
        If anyone could help me out on that, would be awesome! Just wondering if you can still get a firm offer during a partial government shutdown?
        I'm on vacation out of state but there is a IF class starting the second week of January and as of yeasterday they were still starting. So I'd say unless the institutuon decides to wait it out they probably could bitify one of a firm offer/start date

Comment

• in625shooter
          in625shooter commented
          Editing a comment
          Corrections12, since you have a conditional I'd recommend calling your HR perain you dely with just to touch base. They can give you an idea as to what's going on with your specific institutuon.

• Corrections12
          Corrections12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Waiting on granted clearance what I was told. Guess those take a while. Just ready to start but I know it’s a waiting process

• in625shooter
          in625shooter commented
          Editing a comment
          Your initial clearance is done (or should be done)before they even give a conditional. Your actual full background by OPM isn't completed until you have 6-12 months in. Where did you get hired for? Feel free to on if you don't want it out here.

• Corrections12
          Corrections12 commented
          Editing a comment
          I PM you in625shooter. Let me know if you received my message

• Anybody in here with BOP for WA State?

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo1187 View Post
          We just got word yesterday that we have 2 hacks starting in April and 2 more shortly after. First guys we have hired since Dec. 2016. Probably be another year before we hire again.
          Do you work at USP Marion?

Comment

• bolo1187
            bolo1187 commented
            Editing a comment
            Corrections12 Yes i do

• Corrections12
            Corrections12 commented
            Editing a comment
            How you liking Marion?

• bolo1187
            bolo1187 commented
            Editing a comment
            Best and easiest job I've ever had. It's a medium joint but 55%ish are sex offenders so there are hardly ever any fights. If you are looking for action or to move up quick it's not the place to be

• Corrections12
            Corrections12 commented
            Editing a comment
            bolo1187 Well I’ll be starting next month there man

• Got my firm offer yesterday! February 4th is my EOD

Comment

• Originally posted by Corrections12 View Post
            Got my firm offer yesterday! February 4th is my EOD
            Congratulations!! Read your post orders. Its good to listen to the old hacks and learn how to do the job from them but also read the SOP on the emergency procedures for each post you are assigned. Read national policy and local procedures about use of force, count, and emergency procedures.

I did something that was written in the post orders and a co-worker ended up getting hurt. A bunch of other staff decided to start talking **** about me and what I should have done different. As soon as I showed them the post orders they all shut their ****ing mouth. I have also had senior staff with 20+ years in tell me something that was policy but it wasn't written in policy.

Comment

• Corrections12
              Corrections12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Will do! I was in corrections in state of Kentucky and I’m from IL. So glad to be in my home state and working corrections for the Bureau of prisons. Very blessed for sure! I’ll definitely read all my post orders and follow what the old guys tell me

• Got off the phone with MCC Chicago’s HR. He said I am on the list and they are getting a CERT list together here shortly. Anyone else going throug the process in Chicago. And how long does it take from beginning to end usually? He said I’m only “best qualified” as a G5 or whatever since I only have 2.5 years of experience. However I have a 4 year degree. Shouldn’t I be “best qualified” as a 6 as well? Just curious

Comment

• dox1842
              dox1842 commented
              Editing a comment
              They will only hire you in as a 5 to save money. As for the length of the process I believe it took me 8 months from start to finish. If you look back in this thread you will see my whole time frame.

• Got off the phone with MCC Chicago’s HR. He said I am on the list and they are getting a CERT list together here shortly. Anyone else going throug the process in Chicago. And how long does it take from beginning to end usually? He said I’m only “best qualified” as a G5 or whatever since I only have 2.5 years of experience. However I have a 4 year degree. Shouldn’t I be “best qualified” as a 6 as well? Just cur

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah_rod25 View Post
              Got off the phone with MCC Chicago’s HR. He said I am on the list and they are getting a CERT list together here shortly. Anyone else going throug the process in Chicago. And how long does it take from beginning to end usually? He said I’m only “best qualified” as a G5 or whatever since I only have 2.5 years of experience. However I have a 4 year degree. Shouldn’t I be “best qualified” as a 6 as well? Just cur
              Generally even if you were too BQ for both the 5 and 6 it doesn't matter. Almost every Warden only starts everyone out as a 5 even if you BQd as a 6. They save money and has been in practice since around d 2009.

The issue with places like Chicago is people can make the same if not more than BOP on any area PD or oril vs in rural Indiana, Kansas etc BOP makes 2 1/2 times more than DOC or even a lot of PD's.

So their lists might not be the same as other places which if you have the experience and college yiu shoukd stand out provided you get an interview and oass the test they do now.

Good luck
              Last edited by in625shooter; 01-11-2019, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Is anyone familiar with the Brooklyn, NY location and when their looking to open up again? I'm looking to get my 6c started.

Comment

• Can anyone give some insight on the actually steps in the hiring process? I know it’s of-5, core value assessments, interview but like is there any documents online that show you all the questions they ask you? Or what questions are asked on the background investigation? I’m very curious and like to prepare. If anyone has copies of all the forms they have you fill out in the hiring process could you Personal message them to me? Thanks in advance !

Comment

• Corrections12
                    Corrections12 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Took me around 7 1/2 months from putting in and getting the firm offer

• My application status changed to referred (which has happened previously) and I'm curious if anyone knows if they are actively hiring now during the shutdown, or this is simply an automated type thing and I should put this on the backburner?

My current choice is Coleman and I have been referred previously, but not selected. Thanks!

Comment

• Corrections12
                    Corrections12 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of my friends interviewed today so I’m guessing they hire still hiring. If you get referred doesn’t mean you’ll get a interview. Sure hope you are on the list tho man. God bless and good luck

• in625shooter
                    in625shooter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are hiring. A class of 9 started last week at my place and they are setting up interviews for another. Ironically they cancelled Annual Refresher Training they we do about 32 of the 40 hours required annually. Can't figure that one out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8765 users online. 275 members and 8490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X