300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeE123 View Post
    Quick question for those of you that have gone through the process, I have applied for a correctional officer position and selected FCC Victorville. I finally had a interview last week after waiting a few months after applying and wondering how long it usually takes to hear back if you will be moving forward in the process? Thanks for your comments! Prior military myself
    I've seen it go as qyqui as 2-3 weeks and as long as 12-18 weeks. With BIP starting a snail crawl space picking up a few girings it should be less time than it sometimes could be. We haven't hired any BOP staff in over a year and a half and we are interviewing now. So it is picking up.

Comment

• do BOP CO's fill out a sf-86 or some other form?

Comment

• Co0311
        Co0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, sf-86.

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        SF85P not SF86. It's very close but not quite the same. Some things go back 10 years on the 86 and there is more questions about foreign country stuff.

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
      do BOP CO's fill out a sf-86 or some other form?
      Yes. Generally HR sends it to you before the interview to bring so they can start getting the background going if need be

Comment

• Got a question for those who been in awhile. So I am currently a GS6. I been with the BOP for about 4 months now. I seen a job posting for a GS6 (Senior Officer) back home. I applied and got referred. Have you ever heard about anyone getting picked up before their year?

Comment

• 17Jeep
          17Jeep commented
          Editing a comment
          Same boat! I know two of my coworkers that got vouched out before their year.

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          Talk to your aw about the want to get close to home

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          It's possible but unlikely. If you haven't been to FLETC then it's probably not going to happen.

• Originally posted by Ty808 View Post
        Got a question for those who been in awhile. So I am currently a GS6. I been with the BOP for about 4 months now. I seen a job posting for a GS6 (Senior Officer) back home. I applied and got referred. Have you ever heard about anyone getting picked up before their year?
        It's rare but does happen occasionally.. If your referred that's half the battle

Good kuck

Comment

• Got an e-mail saying my application was referred. Now I wonder how much longer it will be before I get contacted for the next step.

Comment

• sarah_rod25
            sarah_rod25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that the first step? I currently a CO for the state level and I don’t know anything about the Federal Process. I just applied a few days ago

• 17Jeep
            17Jeep commented
            Editing a comment
            The first step is getting referred. If you make the interview list they’ll send you an OF-5. Once you complete your interview and if it goes well you’ll take a test, be screened by medical and drug tested. They’ll then give you a conditional offer and also send you a link for a background investigation. From there it’s just a waiting game to see when you start.

• Sarah rod, do your self a favor stay at state. Im just started at a fed it sucks. Disorganized HR, no pension just a 410k. I shouldve stood at county

Comment

• KJB
            KJB commented
            Editing a comment
            What? There is a pension, it sucks but it is there and getting you into the BOP helps with way cooler jobs like ICE, DEA, USSS, USMS, CBPO, BPA, etc. TSP, if done right will outshine the pension by far but you have to put money into it.

• Originally posted by jayrose92 View Post
          Sarah rod, do your self a favor stay at state. Im just started at a fed it sucks. Disorganized HR, no pension just a 410k. I shouldve stood at county
          There is a pension and social security supplement, along with tsp. The pension may not be that much depending how you work but its something.

Comment

• dox1842
            dox1842 commented
            Editing a comment
            What county did you work at jayrose? Most counties in GA did away with pensions long ago.

• Jayrose, while there are some police agencies with better retirements BOP is better than probably 46-48 other state DOC retirements. I get your afitation .I've been with BOP for 19 years (didn't plan on being here this long but life happens) BOP is like any other Federal agency and I can say that because I use to work as a contact guard with the US Marshals Service and I tried working for DOD. Trust me as many quircks as BOP has there are worse.

That being said there are a few BOP joints that I would avoid like the plague. Guess I'm lucky as I started out at an old school homestead USP that became a complex.

As far as retirement. BOP as you know is on the Fed LE scale. Which is much much better than a regular non LE fers. In a Non LE spot you only earn 1% a year for the while time and have to work til you are in your 60's with no social security supplement.

All that being said if you don't have a lot of years in and can get on a municipal agency with better retirements or job satisfaction by all means do it. Nothing wrong with that either. But grass isn't always greener.

Comment

• anyone know which institution is hiring soon? I've had victorville as my #1 for years and never hear anything even BQ'd. at this point i would go anywhere just to start my time in.

Comment

• 17Jeep
              17Jeep commented
              Editing a comment
              I’d probably say Yazoo City and Thomson. I’m surprised Victorville hasn’t picked you up though I hear that place and Atwater are always hiring.

• Reddevil2006
              Reddevil2006 commented
              Editing a comment
              FCI Sandstone in Minnesota. If you don’t mind the cold. They have staff housing too which is a plus!

• Originally posted by in625shooter View Post

That being said there are a few BOP joints that I would avoid like the plague.
            Care to name any? Is USP Atlanta on the list?

Comment

• Originally posted by dox1842 View Post

Care to name any? Is USP Atlanta on the list?
              Probably! LoL

Comment

• Happy Holidays everybody

So my uniform pants from AD Meyers are starting to fall apart after 4 months (I am surprised they lasted that long),, I am wondering if anyone has the Galls uniforms and if they are better quality? They are $49 and Ad meyers has some for as low as $21 but Id rather spend the money for Galls if they are better.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• Well shut down is running and annual leave is canceled.

Anyone taking sick leave during this shut down? How did it work last time, did they just put it back on the books for you once the shutdown ended?

Comment

• Originally posted by Achyuta View Post
                    Well shut down is running and annual leave is canceled.

Anyone taking sick leave during this shut down? How did it work last time, did they just put it back on the books for you once the shutdown ended?
                    I am currently on sick leave. Not sure how its going to work out when I get back. I have a Dr.s Note though. I didn't know annual leave was cancelled. All of our old hacks which usually take off during this time aren't at work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11396 users online. 461 members and 10935 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X