Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first couple of weeks are in a classroom having institutional Familiarzation Training. Basically, death by power point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17Jeep View Post
      can I lateral to another institution at the same pay grade using the continuous open announcement to the public? Or do I have to wait until there is a posting GL 6 or 7?
      Bot really as an open announcement. What normally happen is an institution list a senior officer job(s). The wlegible part will state something like "BOP Reassignment eligibles". It will also be open for 7-29 some days. If your already a 7 you should automatically BQ as the excepted group.

There's some other scwneruosthat could go but that's the jist of it!

Comment

• Anyone have some insight on FCC Florence. In the hiring process right now. Looks pretty good. We’re looking at getting on in September. Any insight is helpful. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Ty808
          Ty808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! My goal is to work at the FCI, I’ve dealt with a lot of inmates in the low to medium custody but wouldn’t mind going to a USP as well. Sounds like the day goes by super fast and lots of action. You still working that joint? If I do get the job I would be moving from Hawaii to Colorado.

• Reddevil2006
          Reddevil2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I used to live in Colorado. I lived in Trinidad and Pueblo. I would avoid Pueblo. Canon city does have places to rent. You’ll have more to chose from in Colorado Springs. I don’t know much about ADX Florence. I only know some about the area. I just moved to Minnesota because I am soon starting at FCI Sandstone. If you have any questions about Colorado, feel free to ask!

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          its cold up there in sandstone Reddevil2006 i know a couple of people who work there

• will.wilwon552
          will.wilwon552 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am currently at FCI Sandstone, it is chilly up here. Ill be moving to FCI Pekin in the next few months, a little bit warmer.

• Rmodel1965 im sure it does get cold. I lived in Michigan for six years but I left in 2015. I’ll have to get used to it again! Colorado wasn’t all that cold!

will.wilwon552 how do you like FCI Sandstone? Even though you’re transferring. I haven’t heard of FCI Pekin. I see that it’s in Illinois. So definitely warmer! I’m in Duluth at the moment. Hoping to secure a residence in MN before I start on Monday!

Comment

• will.wilwon552
          will.wilwon552 commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont mind Sandstone.It pretty much runs its self, my wife and I want to travel around so that’s why I’m leaving. You should check out staff housing here. It’s spendy, but utilities are included and no lease or deposits or anything. At least until you find s place of your own.

• Hello Everyone. I'm interested in Federal Correctional Officer Employment with B.O.P. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice in how to get on. Surprisingly it has been much harder than I thought it would be. I first applied in 2016, then 2017, and now again in 2018. I was rated among the best qualified and was referred but never heard anything again. I am currently located in North Carolina but I am open to facilities in NC, SC, Georgia or Florida. I have tried calling around and seems like no locations in my region are hiring or H.R. doesn't pick up. Does anyone know when a location in one of these states will be hiring again. I don't want to continue waste my pick on a location that doesn't have openings. I have a clean record, I have a 4 year degree, I'm a military veteran, I also happen to be currently employed with the Federal government via T.S.A. I just wanted to crossover to the LEO side. Thanks.

Comment

• Ty808
          Ty808 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I said in another post. You have to hit the ground running. I was in the same boat as you. I applied 3 times in a row and all 3 times BQ but never referred. Until recently. These past 4 months since the new announcement been out. I emailed every institution that I wanted to go and asked for a direct HR email. Out of about 20 emails I sent only 5 gave me a direct HR email. And with those 5 emails I ran with it. Kept touching bases with them every so often to see if they were expecting a certificate pull. I kinda developed a relationship with them so they knew I was serious about the job. This month a got an email from one of the HR saying that they were pulling a list and to make sure I put them as my first choice. Which I did. Got the OF-5 and filled out some paperwork. Now on to my interview in a couple days. Also those emails come in handy. For me when I got my OF-5 they said I needed to schedule an interview before submitting the OF-5. I tried calling HR on 3 different occasion, left voice messages with no response. Luckily I had her email from me corresponding with her before. She sent me the paperwork and set up my interview. I have no vet preference but do have experience with working with inmates due to my current job that’s contracted with the BOP for the halfway house. Good luck man!

• bryan954
          bryan954 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ty808 im going to try the emailing method. I have nothing to lose so I will give it a shot.

• Ty808
          Ty808 commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem bro! Honestly if no places are hiring in your area that you wanna go to. Try putting in for AUSP Thomson or FCC Florence. I’m in the process for FCC Florence and they seem very in need of people per the HR for their USP. Thomson is a good place to try and get on because it’s a brand new joint they are trying to open the coming fall. Do your year then transfer to whatever joint you wanna go to after. That’s what I’m tryna do. Get the my foot in the door then transfer back to Honolulu.

• will.wilwon552 thank you for the advice! I am in the process of getting the staff house approved. I went by fci Sandstone, filled out the paperwork, and had a tour of the house. Hopefully you will like fci Pekin. You’ll probably be closer to more cities there!

bryan954 I don’t have a whole lot of insight. I know that FCC Butner is not currently hiring and probably won’t be, any time soon. I used to live about 30 minutes from there and had my courtesy interview. If you’d like, I’d email Mr. Ayscue, and he may be able to offer better insight. I can PM you his email address. If you really want to get in ASAP, I would try and get into FCC Coleman. FCC Coleman is usually hiring. FCI Estill (in SC was conducting interviews in May) and they may still be.

Comment

• bryan954
          bryan954 commented
          Editing a comment
          Reddevil2006 Yes if you could email Mr. Ayscue or send me his email either one would be much appreciated. I have U.S.P. Atlanta has my number 1 choice and FCC Colemen #2 but If i could stay in the Carolina's that would be great so I will reach out to FCI Estill tommorow.

• Reddevil2006
          Reddevil2006 commented
          Editing a comment
          bryan954 I did send you a PM with the contact info for Mr. Ayscue, as well as HR for fci Estill. Let me know if you need me to resend it again.

• Just out of curiosity does anyone know why this open announcement was so short? Usually it’s open for a year. This time only for 9 months?

Comment

• I can not comment as to specific inmates on this forum. In ones time in the BOP, you will invariably supervise I/Ms of prominence, power or celebrity. In the end, they ask for toilet paper just like every one else. You see how ordinary the extraordinary are. Enough said.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5842 users online. 200 members and 5642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X