Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL until you get over 10. Then you're back on the GS scale. You'll make a living I live off what would be gl5 step one pay and invest the rest even though I'm on the WS-8 scale now. And if I want I'll just kill some overtime

Comment

• Hey I want to know is it possible to apply to a different prison if your not hired from a prior one in the hiring process. I am talking about passing everything from the test to the interview but still wasn't selected because of more qualified candidates or vets in a sense?

Comment

• If you weren't selected I think your name stays in a pool of qualified applicants
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear something after an interview? I had one last week (a courtesy interview) and was told that my interview was really good. Also, does it affect my chances having a courtesy interview? Since, I’m not meeting those who’d I’d be working with. Any insight would be appreciated!

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Its hard to say really. Everyone's hiring process is usually different and depends on the facility that you are being hired from. I know when I did my interview, I also did my UA and Physical that same day. I received the conditional offer and SF-85 packet about 2 weeks later. But I have heard that others hiring process has been completely different. It wouldn't hurt to call into the HR and just do a follow up to see whats going on. By the way, mine was a courtesy interview as well. I wouldn't worry that much, just call and see what they have to say.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            if you want in right now I would put AUSP Thompson as your first choice on the list...

• dox1842
            dox1842 commented
            Editing a comment
            It took me about a month and a half. I have my whole timeline posted somewhere in this thread. From start to finish it took me about 8 months to get on.

• Thank you for the response! I was going to call HR but it hasn’t been a week yet. It’ll be a week this Thursday. I will call then. I have heard of some getting the UA and physical the same day. Just not during a courtesy interview.

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I said, it all depends on the process. What facility you applying for if you don't mind me asking?

• Thank you for the advice, RModel1965!

Comment

• I was hired earlier this month and currently conducting ICT training if anyone has any questions go ahead and ask away.

Comment

• My status has been updated to "referred" a little over a month ago. Are there instances where it can take months for the next step? I do know that it all depends on how many vacancies are there and how far I am down the list. Also, I do know that being referred doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to be contacted for an interview. I was rated as best qualified after completing my application.

Comment

• LevelHeaded
              LevelHeaded commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, you could be sitting on the list for awhile before you get asked to feel out your availability. Just keep checking your email especially your junk mail. Are you on the east coast or west coast? Also are you a vet?

• Fullblown
              Fullblown commented
              Editing a comment
              West Coast. Non-Vet.

• LevelHeaded
              LevelHeaded commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I know for sure Lompoc, Herlong, and Dublin are hiring. Mendota and Atwater are usually pretty easy to get on with as well. I’ve noticed it’s usually So Cal that’s hard to get hired by it took me 3 years to get an interview. It’s going to be a little harder to get on without being a Vet or having experience but it’s definitely possible. There’s two females in my class that aren’t Vets. One has a degree and the other has experience the rest of us have experience and are Vets. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions bro. Just stay patient and make sure your checking your emails.

• Fullblown
              Fullblown commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the reply! I'll just wait it out!

• Anyone know how long it generally takes to receive a firm offer? I have submitted my SF-85 paperwork along with shot records and fingerprints.

Comment

• LevelHeaded
              LevelHeaded commented
              Editing a comment
              Depends on how on point HR is and how bad the institution is hurting to be honest. The process took me about a month and a half from interview to firm offer. Just be patient.

• 17Jeep
              17Jeep commented
              Editing a comment
              For me I got my 85P in mid December and got my firm in early February.

• Status changed from referred to not hired. Never got an interview unfortunately. If I reapply do I have a shot of getting my name pulled, or is it a futile effort this announcement?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
              Rmodel1965 commented
              Editing a comment
              i would put my first choice as AUSP Thompson unless you get one of those if you like to be considered put us as your first choice emails

• 2ndXthecharm
              2ndXthecharm commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, will look into that. I had mine as Coleman before, and I thought they were in need, but must not have been THAT in need lol.

• I seen FCI Waseca in Minnesota was hiring so switched my 1st choice and received an OF5. Anyone work there with any insight on the place?

I seen it was a low security female institution. I’ve worked with both male and female inmates. I prefer males because less emotional drama but I know my times a ticking on getting in being I turn 32 soon and have already had to turn down a BOP offer before.

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it takes to be contacted after being rated “best qualified?” I applied for two facilities in PA

Comment

• Rmodel1965
                Rmodel1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                only the first choice matters. the second is irrelevant...just depends on how bad that places needs to hire and how quick hr wants to get it done

• LevelHeaded
                LevelHeaded commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn’t say the 2nd choice doesn’t matter I’ve been contacted by my 2nd choice before my 1st just a few times. Just stay patient even shoot the institution an email.

• 17Jeep
                17Jeep commented
                Editing a comment
                It really just varies from institution to institution. The first time I applied in June and heard back for an interview from my first choice in late August. The second time I applied it was about two weeks and I heard back for an interview.

• Ty808
                Ty808 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey I was in the same boat as you for three years in a row lol. I just recently got into the hiring process. Hit the ground running and email the institution. I swear i emailed like 20+ and only heard back from a few. Within those few I asked for the hiring manager direct email and keep in contact with that person every so often so they know you’re serious about the job. Next thing I know I got an email from the saying they will be pulling a cert soon and keep a look out for my OF5. Couple days later it came through.

• I just got my Commitment letter for Fci Englewood in Colorado I was wondering if anybody had any insight on the facility? thanks in advance!

Comment

• Rmodel1965
                Rmodel1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                nope but i was at the MSTC for training in April. The area was really nice although kinda expensive to live in.

• Co0311
                Co0311 commented
                Editing a comment
                Low FCI, right above a Camp rating. Plus is that you live in Denver, unlike those at FCC Florence who often live in Colorado Spring or Pueblo, which is a 30-45 minute drive.

• Welcome to Englewood, glad they are hiring! This is a very laid back institution. A low that is compromised mostly of se x offenders and older inmates. Inmates are creepy, submissive, but sneaky. You will see a cornucopia of weird here.
              Low stress, some staff drama but pretty good for a low. I attribute that to a great Warden and very good executive staff.

Cost of living and traffic SUCK. Area is fantastic. We, like most all the Bureau are short of staff, there will be overtime if you want it.

Comment

• ceronquillo
                ceronquillo commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks! I cant wait to get up there and start. What are the first couple weeks like there?

• dox1842
                dox1842 commented
                Editing a comment
                dont you have jared fogle at englewood?

• KJB
                KJB commented
                Editing a comment
                Look for yourself, lol.
                https://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

• can I lateral to another institution at the same pay grade using the continuous open announcement to the public? Or do I have to wait until there is a posting GL 6 or 7?

Comment

• Wentwest
                Wentwest commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe you have to wait for an announcement by that facility. Also I’m pretty sure you have to have your year in.

• Rmodel1965
                Rmodel1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                yes you can apply from the street...but they could offer you a 5 again or a 6(if youre already a 6)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11969 users online. 395 members and 11574 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X