Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL until you get over 10. Then you're back on the GS scale. You'll make a living I live off what would be gl5 step one pay and invest the rest even though I'm on the WS-8 scale now. And if I want I'll just kill some overtime

Comment

• Hey I want to know is it possible to apply to a different prison if your not hired from a prior one in the hiring process. I am talking about passing everything from the test to the interview but still wasn't selected because of more qualified candidates or vets in a sense?

Comment

• If you weren't selected I think your name stays in a pool of qualified applicants
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear something after an interview? I had one last week (a courtesy interview) and was told that my interview was really good. Also, does it affect my chances having a courtesy interview? Since, I’m not meeting those who’d I’d be working with. Any insight would be appreciated!

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Its hard to say really. Everyone's hiring process is usually different and depends on the facility that you are being hired from. I know when I did my interview, I also did my UA and Physical that same day. I received the conditional offer and SF-85 packet about 2 weeks later. But I have heard that others hiring process has been completely different. It wouldn't hurt to call into the HR and just do a follow up to see whats going on. By the way, mine was a courtesy interview as well. I wouldn't worry that much, just call and see what they have to say.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            if you want in right now I would put AUSP Thompson as your first choice on the list...

• dox1842
            dox1842 commented
            Editing a comment
            It took me about a month and a half. I have my whole timeline posted somewhere in this thread. From start to finish it took me about 8 months to get on.

• Thank you for the response! I was going to call HR but it hasn’t been a week yet. It’ll be a week this Thursday. I will call then. I have heard of some getting the UA and physical the same day. Just not during a courtesy interview.

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I said, it all depends on the process. What facility you applying for if you don't mind me asking?

• Thank you for the advice, RModel1965!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8957 users online. 349 members and 8608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X