Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we contact the places we have selected as our 1 and 2 to see when hiring occurs? Or wait for the emails they send out periodically?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyno93 View Post
      Should we contact the places we have selected as our 1 and 2 to see when hiring occurs? Or wait for the emails they send out periodically?
      Do both lol. There won't be many hirings because of the federal budger and manning.

Comment

• Coop590
        Coop590 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for bringing that up..... So, since the $1.3 trillion dollar budget has passed, did BOP loose money or gained? please advise if anybody know. As we all know this plays a major roll.

• Trax_XLT
        Trax_XLT commented
        Editing a comment
        Overall BOP lost $$$. Just under six thousand jobs will be gone by the end of the year including just under two thousand in custody. Not to mention the closure of two stand alone camps by 2019 and stoppage in new construction. Source: https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/file/968276/download and https://www.justice.gov/file/1033161/download

• https://youtu.be/FwKMXor5Fds

Check out the oversight hearing for BOP....

Comment

• Anybody knows how the CORE Value test is?

Comment

• 17Jeep
          17Jeep commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s pretty simple, common sense integrity based scenario questions. You have to answer from likely to least likely.

• Msmith77
          Msmith77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did a facility contact you? If so which one?

• 17Jeep so is it on a scale of Most likely to definitely not? Or it's just most likely to least likely?

Comment

• 17Jeep
          17Jeep commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a scale just most likely and likely with a b c d having different responses.

• My app just changed from accepted to referred. That means it has been sent to a facility correct?

Comment

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes keep an eye out on your inbox for an of5. What was your first choice? That should be where you got referred

• Msmith77
          Msmith77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Coleman is first choice

• 17Jeep I sent you a pm

Comment

• Completed an interview, medical, and urinalysis on the 9th of this month! Pretty excited and glad things seem to be moving rather quickly.

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Interviewed and did everything at FCI La Tuna.

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Anyone know how likely I am to receive a firm offer? I am prior military with veterans preference, prior law enforcement, and currently security contracting overseas. Also have a bachelors in International Relations.

• myman12
            myman12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very likely you will get the job.

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess just a waiting game now.

• Just got the OF 5 for brooklyn. Anyone have any basic info about life at the facility? Also, do they give consideration for religious beliefs like the sabbath or church? I heard somewhere the law requires any employer to reasonably accommodate stuff like that but I'm sure that's just wish full thinking on my part.
          I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. -Odin

Comment

• 17Jeep
            17Jeep commented
            Editing a comment
            Kind of a mixed bag but if I had to guess you’d end up with days or evenings. A lot of the staff where I work with some years under the belt seem to bid for morning watch because it’s easier and differential pay.

• Capt_Falco
            Capt_Falco commented
            Editing a comment
            After a year and half at my old joint I was able to get evening watch shift with Sat/Sun off working the units, but the turnover rate was really high there so that helped. Most senior staff went for the 6am-2pm shift.

• Rmodel1965
            Rmodel1965 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I was in custody in always bid on a schedule that worked Sundays with as much differential as I could get. Pollock had a compressed schedule that had 32 hours of Sunday pay a pay period that was really nice

I'm actually getting night differential for the first time since I changed duty stations because of Ramadan since I have to be here so late for it

• Knightwolf
            Knightwolf commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm ****ed because I was supposed to have been hired last year for Manhatten, passed the interview and medical, but the president froze the hiring and it was at the end of the cycle so anyone not in by a certain date got screwed. Would have already had a year and 6 months in!!!!!

• Just received Conditional Offer of employment. Already completed my interview, UA, and Physical.
          Last edited by Mhuck; 05-25-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• How long does it take to get an OF5? My status changed to referred at the beginning of the month on USAJOBS. I noticed it last week and gave a call to the hiring center. Either I was unclear (very possible), or they didn't know, but it seemed like nobody knew I was referred, or when I should be contacted, or the next step.. Who makes that call?

Comment

• dox1842
              dox1842 commented
              Editing a comment
              " Half were sent home." I interviewed with 3 other people and one was sent home. I have no idea why though.

• Rmodel1965
              Rmodel1965 commented
              Editing a comment
              only reason i know is we all were doing the steps at the same time. the guy with the credit issues started about 6 months later after he got clarification.

• 2ndXthecharm
              2ndXthecharm commented
              Editing a comment
              If I do get an interview, they do an interview+core values+credit check all in the same day?

• 17Jeep
              17Jeep commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m not sure if that depends on the institution or not but the two times I applied we did everything in one day.

• Referred means sent to hiring manager to decide if they want to interview you, it isn't guaranteed. We have a guy where I work has gotten "referred" year after year after year, but never interviewed (ok, he got ONE in about 7 years or so).
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• 2ndXthecharm
              2ndXthecharm commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the clarification. I had an application in all of last year and nothing happened. Applied again this year under the new announcement and was excited because I got referred. Still a waiting game, but now I know I shouldn't read anything more into than what you said.

• We did it in one day. But I interviewed at am fcc. I've heard other people that interviewed at stand alone fci''s took two different days

Comment

• So, need to ask a serious question. I got a conditional offer from FCI Sheridan (Oregon) and also have a conditional offer from Oregon DOC. My issue is figuring out the pay scale for the FEDS. As a Correctional Officer with the FEDS, it is under the LEO pay scale correct? Not the normal GS pay scale. I keep reading back and forth. I know money shouldn't be the end all, but need to make a living.
              Sworn - 9/16/11

Comment

• It should be the GL payscale
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7760 users online. 423 members and 7337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X